Thread: Boomkin haste

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Boomkin haste

Quote Originally Posted by Floranalol
    Thats my resto set. Did you not notice the resto gear or the fact that I'm way under hit cap? I'm crit capped and have like 3050 or so SP before trinket stacking or raid buffs or even being in form.

Edit:Can I see an armory page of your toon that manages to have 3500 spellpower unbuffed while maintaining sub 500 haste?
    Unless of course you were going off of what my sig was at the time of you posting, which was apparently wrong.
    Sure.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&cn=Sunfyyre

489 haste.

3440 spellpower in cow form. In moonkin form I have 3440 + (1403*.1*.12) + (476 * .3) = 3598.9 spellpower.

You have 3041 spellpower + (1322 *.1*.12) + (274*.3) = 3139.2 spellpower.

So my quick math was off. I only have 458.7 spellpower more then you, but I think the point still stands.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre
    Sure.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&cn=Sunfyyre

489 haste.

3440 spellpower. Oh. And I have 202 more spirit then you. That's 60 spellpower.

3440 + 60 = 3500 spellpower.

Have a nice day.
    Sun, how much of your DPS do the valks average with the heroic version of the staff? im running with reg Nibelung and am wondering if I should go for the heroic version or not.
    To answer the 40 new threads a day on this topic:

Pre 401 haste: Haste.
    Pre 42% crit: Crit (fully buffed, in combat)
    Post these caps: Haste = crit
    Tier 10 and with the above: Slight favor to haste, but generally close to each other.
    (Thanks Qieth)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darkwingdot
    Sun, how much of your DPS do the valks average with the heroic version of the staff? im running with reg Nibelung and am wondering if I should go for the heroic version or not.
    It's really RNG to be honest. On heroic Deathwhisper this week (10man nonetheless), the Val'kyrs actually did over 10% of my total damage, it was like 252k or something, so I got real lucky on procs. On average? I'd say probably 5% or so. We have a mage who also has heroic Nibelung, and I tend to get more procs then them, and after looking at Activity in recount, it makes since. Because of our fast casts, I think we (generally) have more spells cast => more proc chances then a few of the other classes. It's definitely not like it was pre-nerf though.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre
    It's really RNG to be honest. On heroic Deathwhisper this week (10man nonetheless), the Val'kyrs actually did over 10% of my total damage, it was like 252k or something, so I got real lucky on procs. On average? I'd say probably 5% or so. We have a mage who also has heroic Nibelung, and I tend to get more procs then them, and after looking at Activity in recount, it makes since. Because of our fast casts, I think we (generally) have more spells cast => more proc chances then a few of the other classes. It's definitely not like it was pre-nerf though.
    Thanks for the info. Im in the spot of fighting for the heroic bonespike or getting nibelung because no one else wants it.
    To answer the 40 new threads a day on this topic:

Pre 401 haste: Haste.
    Pre 42% crit: Crit (fully buffed, in combat)
    Post these caps: Haste = crit
    Tier 10 and with the above: Slight favor to haste, but generally close to each other.
    (Thanks Qieth)

Your armory also filled neither condition.

Edit: Also, since I never found a definite answer on this, is the crit cap before or after buffs?
    it seems the armory didnt update so my apologies for that

the basic idea was to change my reputation ring with Anub 25man HC ring (lurid manifestation) and then my belt with Faction Champions 25man HC belt (belt of biting cold)
    this set would keep my hit 0,45% over cap, my sp @ ~3300+trinket and haste ~450
    if you count the trinket buff as a "buff" that wont count then i'd just swap it with Reign of the dead HC version and still have the sp needed.

Wow, I really didn't think it was possible. Technically since I have muradin's, the number would have to be 3700 or so since lappee was using a SP trinket to reach the goal, but I'm impressed nonetheless. Thanks for the armory posts. Also, to the moonkin using the Nibelung whose name I can't be bothered to double check since iPhones have an obnoxious scroll mechanic, how much DPS do you do on Fester or a similar fight?

15+ Year Old Account

Wow, I really didn't think it was possible. Technically since I have muradin's, the number would have to be 3700 or so since lappee was using a SP trinket to reach the goal, but I'm impressed nonetheless. Thanks for the armory posts. Also, to the moonkin using the Nibelung whose name I can't be bothered to double check since iPhones have an obnoxious scroll mechanic, how much DPS do you do on Fester or a similar fight?
    Only about 9k this week due to bad goos, etc, but this was heroic Festergut. My heroic Val'kyrs ended up doing about 10% of my damage, though. I think they upped the proc rate quietly.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10% from valks on festergut is pretty nice, considering i've found that festergut was pretty nasty to them with the gas, maybe they have buffed the avoidance so its more like a pet

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darkwingdot
    Pretty sure its like 36% without raid buffs.

Moonkin Aura ~ 5%
    Imp FF ~ 3%
    Imp IS ~ 3%
    Heart of crusader ~ 3%
    Nature's Majesty ~ 4%
    Scorch ~ 5%
    base Crit ~ 1.75%? Something around there, just under 2%
    Lunar Eclipse ~ 40%
    its when you have 42% crit in moonkin form with idol procced and kings, motw and arcane int on
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by elbouli
    10% from valks on festergut is pretty nice, considering i've found that festergut was pretty nasty to them with the gas, maybe they have buffed the avoidance so its more like a pet
    The heal works fairly well.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    sigh since you obviously need your hand held through life i'll tell you this ONCE

AFTER ALL POSSIBLE RAID BUFFS/DEBUFFS CRIT SOFT-CAP IS 43% ON YOUR CHARACTER SHEET

BEFORE RAID BUFFS/DEBUFFS TO FIND THE RATING YOU NEED FOR THE CAP THE EQUATION IS (1575.5 - Int/3)

learn to read plox
    Psst, 42. Also, enough with the caps, please.

last weeks log
    Deathbringer Saurfang 11.6k dps (Valkyrs 2.6%)
    Festergut 10,5k (Valkyrs 2.6%)
    Rotface 11k dps (Valkyrs 1.9%)
    Professor Putricide 11,8k dps (Valkyrs 3,9%)

for LK HM Valkyrs have done 2%-10% of my dmg and the average of 4%

Quote Originally Posted by lappee
    last weeks log
    Deathbringer Saurfang 11.6k dps (Valkyrs 2.6%)
    Festergut 10,5k (Valkyrs 2.6%)
    Rotface 11k dps (Valkyrs 1.9%)
    Professor Putricide 11,8k dps (Valkyrs 3,9%)

for LK HM Valkyrs have done 2%-10% of my dmg and the average of 4%
    How much harder do the heroic valks hit? If the difference isn't huge, I might need to give my Nibelung a second try.

Deleted

I believe Sunfyyre posted about it on his billboard: http://www.owlkin.org/2010/03/09/qui...roic-nibelung/

I was fortunate enough to receive [Nibelung] tonight, and I wanted to give a quick update on the Val’kyr proc.

The Val’kyr Guardian, summoned by the nonheroic Nibelung, averages about 1750 damage or so. (1700-1900 damage before resists).

The Val’kyr Protector, summoned by the heroic version, averages about 1950-1960 damage. (2000-2200 damage before resists).

A small buff to the proc, but a buff none the less.