Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Holy shock + 4p t10 opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    By like two days. >.>
    I just saw this post for the first time last night, AND I HAZ MATHZ!1!1

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    Holy Shock is your most inefficient heal. By a long way, too.
    If you mean mana efficient then no - this is in fact not true, at least not always.

Assuming you have a 1.8 speed weapon and are stood in melee range with the boss targetted, and have full haste buffs including 20% melee haste, then at any sensible level of gearing your melee swing drops below 1 sec.

This means that Holy Shock gives you a free melee swing, which with a 45% chance of giving a SoW proc makes it a free heal. After factoring in the extra crit on the subsequent HL, holy shock actually starts to look like a useful tool in situations where you can give up some throughput - because it is more efficient even than FoL - and hits harder.

However even having said that, I still don't rate T10-4set, it's simply too little given the horrible itemization we'd have to take to get it - but the problem isn't HShocks efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Kampret
    4pc is helpful for people who hs a lot. Sure 900+ haste rating is more attractive than 800+ but at these levels, it doesnt really make THAT much of a difference. A lot of times that 4pc bonus have saved my tank more times than I can remember, especially if the 3 chains crit : hs crit + instafol crit + faster HL crit, and now that 4 pc gives you a reasonable amount of crit (mine ended up slightly above 40%) , it shd happen a lot.
    A very good response above by Xiphias. What it boils down to is an absurd amount of specific requirements that are needed for this to save someone’s life. In order for the 4p to save someone’s life, the HS must save their life first (or else straight HL->HL would have been better) and then the following HL must save their life again. However the second death’s damage must be more than a FoL (or else HS->FoL would have been more mana efficient) but less than a HL (or else they’re dead). Dependant on your Haste, this damage must come no later than ~1.11 seconds after your HL saved them but no later than ~1.25 seconds or a non-4p HL would have hit and they’re saved just the same (this window, by the way, is 0.14 seconds and may be the most absurdly impossible to achieve part of this whole scenario). Further, the HS cannot crit (or else you can put more and swifter heals on them with a CritHL->InstaFoL combo).

The true granted cast time reduction of the 4p is about .14 seconds. No matter any of the other circumstances needed, you are trying to convince me that an activated .14 seconds has saved your tank “a lot”. You are either the most raid aware person in the entire world, or are giving this bonus way way way more credit than it’s due.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

The true granted cast time reduction of the 4p is about .14 seconds. No matter any of the other circumstances needed, you are trying to convince me that an activated .14 seconds has saved your tank “a lot”. You are either the most raid aware person in the entire world, or are giving this bonus way way way more credit than it’s due.
    I'm the most raid aware person in the entire world, and I also have zero latency! God, I love 4pc T10! :

What blows me away is why this is still even being discussed. Maybe when I get some time I'll put together a list of ridiculous stupidities I hear frequently when holy paladins are brought up. Justifications for why 4pc T10 is worth using are right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    I'm the most raid aware person in the entire world, and I also have zero latency! God, I love 4pc T10! :

What blows me away is why this is still even being discussed. Maybe when I get some time I'll put together a list of ridiculous stupidities I hear frequently when holy paladins are brought up. Justifications for why 4pc T10 is worth using are right up there.
    Well, I wouldn’t be too harsh. After all, there are a couple things going on here that are counterintuitive – both of which land squarely on the shoulders of Blizzard, not the poor Pallies trying to figure things out.

First off is a set bonus that is near to without worth. In fact it actually has a negative impact. Who expects something that is supposed to be a reward (hell, it’s called a ‘bonus’ after all) to actually make their character worse?

Second is a tool tip that is, while not technically a lie, very misleading to anyone who doesn’t have a very solid knowledge of the mechanics behind the game.

This kind of stuff is right up there with trying to explain to people that Haste/MP5 is good for them when Blizzard puts none of it on our Tier. It’s dumb. You have to take extra steps because you’re also having to convince people that Blizzard either doesn’t know how Pallies work or is specifically trying to undermine our class.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Blizzard have made it clear that they don't like our way of healing, they say that the infinite mana pool makes the game less fun so they want to ween us off huge mana pools and push us more toward FoL healing way.

I for one wish they'd just bugger off.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I don't think their paladins oom because they spam FoL. just my opinion and all.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Well, I wouldn’t be too harsh. After all, there are a couple things going on here that are counterintuitive – both of which land squarely on the shoulders of Blizzard, not the poor Pallies trying to figure things out.

First off is a set bonus that is near to without worth. In fact it actually has a negative impact. Who expects something that is supposed to be a reward (hell, it’s called a ‘bonus’ after all) to actually make their character worse?

Second is a tool tip that is, while not technically a lie, very misleading to anyone who doesn’t have a very solid knowledge of the mechanics behind the game.

This kind of stuff is right up there with trying to explain to people that Haste/MP5 is good for them when Blizzard puts none of it on our Tier. It’s dumb. You have to take extra steps because you’re also having to convince people that Blizzard either doesn’t know how Pallies work or is specifically trying to undermine our class.
    I'd go ahead and say it's a deliberate means of trying to cut our class down to size, so to speak. There's no way they're stupid enough to actually believe that this set bonus is worth using. Oh well. All things considered, I'd rather have us be "nerfed" in this way rather than have them screw with our class some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    Blizzard have made it clear that they don't like our way of healing, they say that the infinite mana pool makes the game less fun so they want to ween us off huge mana pools and push us more toward FoL healing way.

I for one wish they'd just bugger off.
    Quite possibly the most irritating thing I find about Blizzard is how they always seem to cast the blame for the way they design classes on the players themselves.