Alacrity vs Salvation, 2v2

So me and my mage friend recently dinged 80 and have been farming pvp gear a lot.

I've bought a lot of Alacrity (Haste) offset gear as i could read around the net that haste was the flavor of the month

But now i started to armory some top priests in and saw that quite a few actually are going going with Salvation (Spirit) offset and gem for Stam-SP

Example: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal%27Ganis&cn=Bilian&gn=we+met+on+eHarmony

And it confuses me why he isnt SpellPen capped

So i'm wondering what i should go for when i'm pretty new to 2v2ing with mage, though i've played a rogue at 2000

My Armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ill&cn=Nephite

Re: Alacrity vs Salvation, 2v2

his spellpen is 70, which I'd say is high enough, most resistances that matter to his team he can dispel anyway, which afaik doesn't get mitigated by spell pen.

re. haste, I don't have much xp pvping as a priest, but I'd assume at those levels, mana war becomes extremely important and so he maybe needs the extra regen?
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

2750 on Mal'Ganis is quite a feat :-X

Now, I've always been melee, but I can't understand why a healer would need to be spellpen capped, unless you're doing a ButtonBashers sort of thing...

depends on the comp you play.

pretty much that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey_oktober
    depends on the comp you play.

pretty much that simple.
    I play the same combo as him

Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    2750 on Mal'Ganis is quite a feat :-X

Now, I've always been melee, but I can't understand why a healer would need to be spellpen capped, unless you're doing a ButtonBashers sort of thing...
    a disc preist would want spell pen for reduced chance to get resisted on fears/mana burns primarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    his spellpen is 70, which I'd say is high enough, most resistances that matter to his team he can dispel anyway, which afaik doesn't get mitigated by spell pen.

re. haste, I don't have much xp pvping as a priest, but I'd assume at those levels, mana war becomes extremely important and so he maybe needs the extra regen?
    his spell pen isnt capped because he swaps out his off hand if he needs to cap it for certain teams. its a matter of not wasting stats when they arent necessary.

I would go for Alacrity in 2v2 if you're running pr/pm, and you can also use the same offset in 3s. You definitely don't have to be "capped" on spell pen, too.

there was a time when crit builds were favored too, but generally, haste will always help you in burst comp 2's. If you are having issues with mana regen you need to do one or more of the following things (in my opinion).

1. Time your own mana cd's VERY well (a wasted hymn of hope or shadowfiend will hurt a lot)
    2. limit other teams mana regen (this is your greatest ability as a priest, you can dispell innervate now, divine plea, and totem stomp mana tide)
    3. get hit less to heal less (this is basically the guiding rule for outlasting matches, you wont magically win every game until you can LOS without thinking on every map in any position)
    4. swap out a defensive trinket for a regen trinket (I personally favor purified lunar dust over the battlemaster's, but that's personal preference, Solace will work well, as well as the ICC one with the mana pot on use)
    5. cheat and roll with a feral druid for innervates

As far as the offsets, when you're gearing up, favor haste, but if you get a lucky dominance drop in voa, dont eschew it, depending on your build, you can get well over 20% crit without all the offsets, especially running with a mage.

10+ Year Old Account

I believe it debends how you are going to play the comp.

Massive haste gives you awesome burst but the lack of regen forces you to end the match fast.
    By taking spirit offset you lose lots of the burst damage but the regen lets the game last longer.

So if you'd face him with haste items you have to go for a kill while they can just chill and outlast you because of the higher mana regeneration.

If you want to faceroll, go spirit
    If you want to kill stuff with well timed CC + good burst damage, go haste