What's a good balance of sp/haste/crit?

As a destro Warlock, I'm curious to see what others have found to be good numbers to shoot for as far as sp/haste/crit go. Currently, I'm at:

SP 2599
    Haste 556
    Crit 29.44%

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What's a good balance of sp/haste/crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaltar
    As a destro Warlock, I'm curious to see what others have found to be good numbers to shoot for as far as sp/haste/crit go. Currently, I'm at:

SP 2599
    Haste 556
    Crit 29.44%
    Whatever you can get. The numbers don't matter. Bigger is better. Aim for more haste but don't say no to a massive ilvl upgrade just because your existing gear has Haste and the upgrade has Crit.

Take what you can get, seriously. This question could easily be read as "When can I stop gearing my warlock?" which is a confusing question - why would you want to set an upper limit?

R.I.P. YARG

The question really is more of, when it appears to be a side-grade, which stat am I more interested in? Also, is there a point at which there's too much of one? For example, you can have all the haste in the world but if your spell power is lacking, what's the point? I imagine there's a wonderful balance somewhere.

A good example of this is the "Which staff?" thread currently active. I found that sacrificing a good amount of spell power and a RNG proc for added haste made a big difference in my DPS.

Thats the thing thoe, there is no set number..., there are points in which your dps will be lackign due a small amount of a single stat but as far as how much is enough Gherkin put it perfectly go for the highest possible without completely demolishing the others and dont deny a massive increase in one field because you lose a bit of the other.
    For example, last weak lingering illness the cloth belt off rotface dropped on heroic, now i took into account my current which was norm crushing cold whisper and my spec, demo lock, lingering illness was about a 40 sp increase if i remember correctly and a hefty boost in crit but i dropped haste for it.
    gearing is all situational and is based on what you have avialable
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

An excellent place to look would be the "Rate the Lock above you thread".

Look at others armories and compare their gear with yours. Read the suggestions that others are putting and then become a forum contributor yourself.

Like everyone else said - HIT till cap then SP > Haste > Spirit > Crit

If you want my stats they are

3000 sp without felarmor
    900 haste
    31% crit
    374 hit
    400 spirit

I am destro spec as well. I am in partial ICC25/10 and toc gear still.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaltar
    The question really is more of, when it appears to be a side-grade, which stat am I more interested in? Also, is there a point at which there's too much of one? For example, you can have all the haste in the world but if your spell power is lacking, what's the point? I imagine there's a wonderful balance somewhere.

A good example of this is the "Which staff?" thread currently active. I found that sacrificing a good amount of spell power and a RNG proc for added haste made a big difference in my DPS.
    In side upgrades favor anything that has more haste/sp. (Replace crit peices with sp/haste)

What you really want to do is choose your gear in advance. In the short term they are saying just get a better ilevel.... but long term you have to choice the right BiS that are A. Available to you and B. Augment your current gear setup