Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best way to spend Frost?

What's the best way to spend your Frost?

Let's say for example, Shammitons, an Enhancement shaman, has two pieces of T10, but isn't sure what to buy next.

Would it be best for him to get the War Token first, haste totem, or more T10?
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Best way to spend Frost?

Armory links.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethor
    Armory links.
    Hypothetical situation
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

I think the cloak should be first since that is really the hardest upgrade to find.

Buy saronites and sell them while they are still going for 1000 - 1300!
    [URL="http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Swaap/advanced[/URL]

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising
    Hypothetical situation
    Even if so, there wasn't nearly enough information given.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethor
    Even if so, there wasn't nearly enough information given.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Luminosity

>.>

<.<

I would definitely invest in the (BiS at all gear levels) trinket first and foremost. It is simply amazing.

The totem is a great addition too, as the i245 ones don't have 100% uptime, but the i264 haste totem is essentially up 100% of the time.

After those two upgrades, the I would grab the rest of your t10.

If that is your armory I would definitely swap out the expertise trinket for the i264 trinket and just gem the missing expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by kudzupo
    If that is your armory I would definitely swap out the expertise trinket for the i264 trinket and just gem the missing expertise.
    Let's say this shaman has Mirror of Truth. Would it be smarter for him to use that instead of the expertise trinket and gem expertise or just wait for War Token? Also, , how much DPS do you think I--*cough*... this man should be doing?

Well I couldn't tell yo-erm...this person what is better at the moment. My best advice to you is to use EnhSim and Rawr to try and determine how to gear in the meantime. There is an excellent sticky at the top of this forum dedicated to giving those new to EnhSim a quick guide. In addition, check out the other sticky to look at what Levva has done with Rawr!

edit: I would drop the flame shock glyph for windfury though, as FS glyph is really only viable with 4 pc t9.

Subject should be "Best way to troll a forum" instead

Quote Originally Posted by Phobic
    Subject should be "Best way to troll a forum" instead
    How am I trolling? I'm doing horrid DPS for what I should be doing and not messing up on my priorities, so I need to know what gear problems I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Epiclurker
    I think the cloak should be first since that is really the hardest upgrade to find.
    The frost emblem cloak is horrible for us in comparison to the other options. Wait for a drop preferably from Gunship.

Depends on your set bonuses, if they are very beneficial to you, get the bonuses, If not, buy the Non-tier 264 pieces from frost, or buy primordial saronite and craft pieces, they are all very nice

Quote Originally Posted by kudzupo
    I would definitely invest in the (BiS at all gear levels) trinket first and foremost. It is simply amazing.

The totem is a great addition too, as the i245 ones don't have 100% uptime, but the i264 haste totem is essentially up 100% of the time.

After those two upgrades, the I would grab the rest of your t10.

I've never understood why people are so fascinated by trinkets. In the case of the OP the HWT is a pretty solid upgrade, but a shaman replacing comet's trail or death's choice/death's verdict would barely see an upgrade. Save the totems for last, no matter who you are. The new totems are a 20 stat upgrade over the old ones for a cost of 30 badges. Besides you can rent totems while you are saving up for your next piece, just be sure to sell them back every hour or so.

How am I trolling? I'm doing horrid DPS for what I should be doing and not messing up on my priorities, so I need to know what gear problems I have.
    Your gear problems start, first and foremost, with poor gems and cheap enchants. Your second problem is that in quite a few slots you have what would generally be considered the worst enhancement piece of that item level, eg helm, bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by Epiclurker
    Marrowgar 10, Gunship 25 both have great cloaks, skip the vendor one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    I've never understood why people are so fascinated by trinkets. In the case of the OP the HWT is a pretty solid upgrade, but a shaman replacing comet's trail or death's choice/death's verdict would barely see an upgrade. Save the totems for last, no matter who you are. The new totems are a 20 stat upgrade over the old ones for a cost of 30 badges. Besides you can rent totems while you are saving up for your next piece, just be sure to sell them back every hour or so.
    "renting" totems is a good idea, true.

I would say, however, that for one, his expertise trinket is quite bad, and can be replaced by something that is quite good.

As for the totems themselves, it isnt a straight "20 stat" upgrade. The upgrade comes in uptime. The elemental totem has ~80% uptime, the enhance one a little more if you are diligent to lava lash when it is not up (which has been shown to be a dps loss), whereas the i264 ones are up 99% of the time, leading to a much bigger dps increase than people give them.

The best possible advice I can give anyone is, simply use Rawr or EnhSim to evaluate the dps increase a certain item or 2 items will give you (in the case of set bonuses), then divide the dps increase by the badge cost. This gives you dps per badge spent. Then you can take the highest dps/badge upgade.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Your gear problems start, first and foremost, with poor gems and cheap enchants. Your second problem is that in quite a few slots you have what would generally be considered the worst enhancement piece of that item level, eg helm, bracers.
    I didn't think having blue gems would screw me over so much. Also, I know the ArP sucks. I can't pick or choose when I lose the gear I actually need all the time.

I didn't think having blue gems would screw me over so much. Also, I know the ArP sucks. I can't pick or choose when I lose the gear I actually need all the time.
    10 gems=40 stat points, you are also 8 expertise over cap so that's another wasted 8 stat points, 6 stat points lost on your chest, 6 stat points lost on your cloak enchant, half blue gem instead of a nightmare tear is a massive stat loss. You've also got T10 2 set bonus, no T9 2 set to go with it. 356 ArP is a metric ton for an Enh Shaman, I've never had half that much. You've also got a 232 weapon. All around you really cannot expect to do damage near a shaman in more appropriately chosen, more appropriately gemmed/enchanted, items of the same average ilvl.

I mean how cheap does 23 haste to cloak have to be for you to use it on a 245 cloak? LFD has depressed the price of those mats an incredible amount. I can have sympathy on weapons and on armor drops. The terrible enchants and gems kinda derail me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Deleted

Trinket > 4pc T10 > Totem > Belt

If you have good trinkets already, feel free to hold the trinket buy back. If you get the Marrowgar10 HC belt, skip the emblem belt entirely.

Not sure for Enhance, but the first thing I bought as Elemental was the totem.