Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Best way to spend Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    10 gems=40 stat points, you are also 8 expertise over cap so that's another wasted 8 stat points, 6 stat points lost on your chest, 6 stat points lost on your cloak enchant, half blue gem instead of a nightmare tear is a massive stat loss. You've also got T10 2 set bonus, no T9 2 set to go with it. 356 ArP is a metric ton for an Enh Shaman, I've never had half that much. You've also got a 232 weapon. All around you really cannot expect to do damage near a shaman in more appropriately chosen, more appropriately gemmed/enchanted, items of the same average ilvl.

I mean how cheap does 23 haste to cloak have to be for you to use it on a 245 cloak? LFD has depressed the price of those mats an incredible amount. I can have sympathy on weapons and on armor drops. The terrible enchants and gems kinda derail me though.
    Well I'm a poor shaman. Yet again, ~50 stats still shouldn't decide 5.5k from like 7k.

Not sure how I'm 8 over expertise cap when the cap is 26 and I'm at 27?

Should I downgrade my gear back to my 232 items since they don't have ArP on them, even though I'll be like 100 over hitcap?
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising
    Well I'm a poor shaman. Yet again, ~50 stats still shouldn't decide 5.5k from like 7k.
    A very poor shaman it would seem, mats for Greater speed to cloak are less than 50g on my server, of course I personally have stacks and stacks of enchanting mats from random dailies so I don't actually buy the things.
    Not sure how I'm 8 over expertise cap when the cap is 26 and I'm at 27?
    8 rating=1 expertise, so if you have 27 expertise you are 8 rating over cap
    Should I downgrade my gear back to my 232 items since they don't have ArP on them, even though I'll be like 100 over hitcap?
    This sounds like a question for Enhsim and Rawr, read the FAQs
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Ehnsim. Do it.
    I've read a bit about it and it doesn't make sense to me. Numbers and I don't mix. Also, I'm slightly lazy.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

What's the best way to spend your Frost?

Let's say for example, Shammitons, an Enhancement shaman, has two pieces of T10, but isn't sure what to buy next.

Would it be best for him to get the War Token first, haste totem, or more T10?
    Depends. Chest, helm, and shoulders are all good T10 pieces, although shoulders technically have a superior version that drops from Festergut. If you're going for 4-piece, you'll either want to skip shoulders (better off Festergut-25) or gloves (cloth hit upgrades off Gunship-25).

Buy the totem last.

Don't buy the trinket or the cloak. Both are terrible for elemental. The trinket is a lower DPS throughput than a normal reign of the unliving/reign of the dead. The cloak is easily replaced.

Deleted

Let's say this shaman has Mirror of Truth. Would it be smarter for him to use that instead of the expertise trinket and gem expertise or just wait for War Token? Also, , how much DPS do you think I--*cough*... this man should be doing?
    Mirror of Truth is AWFUL compared to other trinkets available today. If memory serves its equivalent to around a flat 120-140 AP. Compared that to many of todays trinkets that have more than that as a simple Equip bonus.

What the clueless don't get is that whilst the tooltip says 1000 AP, the "chance" is only 10% and so the actual uptime is very low, and thus the actual benefit it gives is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Mirror of Truth is AWFUL compared to other trinkets available today. If memory serves its equivalent to around a flat 120-140 AP. Compared that to many of todays trinkets that have more than that as a simple Equip bonus.

What the clueless don't get is that whilst the tooltip says 1000 AP, the "chance" is only 10% and so the actual uptime is very low, and thus the actual benefit it gives is low.
    It honestly depends on what you have access to. I used MoT for the longest time simply because I didn't have access to anything else except the Emblem of Triumph trinkets and those are comparable (depending on if you need the hit). Blizzard finally showed us some love and gave us an awesome trinket for Emblems of Frost, which finally allowed me to replace Mirror of Truth. Now I'm cursing this game every single LDW10 fight because WFS never drops when I'm around. Maybe I should drop 3 tiers of content and go farm Algalon 25 :P.

Also, MoT has about a 19% uptime giving it ~190 AP.