Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Mage alt worth it?

My first main is a mage. I still totally love the class.

The neat thing about a mage is that it forces a player to think in terms of 3 dimensions rather than two. When viewed as a three dimensional character the mage is far less squishy. You control the mob by moving the mage around and by slowing the mob freezing it in place; blinking to another place. Facing becomes important, quick reflexes; knowing where to go AND what to do are crucial decisions.

Because of the pet, a lock is essentially a turret. It does not move a great deal, but instead puts the pet in between or road blocks the mob. Same can be said of a hunter. Two classes have very similar styles.

As for Palidinians, well I hate them, on a number of different levels.

So a mage alt is totally worth it, if for nothing else, you live on the edge with no sword or axe, no demon or cat, just you a dress and your wits to survive.

i have a warlock, a paladin, a mage, a dk, and a hunter.. all level 80 with 5k+ gearscores (hunter and pally highest gs)

after a long break from my mage ive come to realise i love my mage way more than all the other 80s i have.

VERY solid in bgs/arena
    VERY nice dps
    VERY nice BURST (idk about you but this is a big one for me.. nothing like 25k+ crits on a normal basis)

very fun abilities. i love spells like living bomb.. the aoe dps is very nice.
    fun specs... i raid as arcane atm (used to raid at ttw/fire in uld) i might consider going back to fire after the next patch (its getting buffed) i enjoy arcane for pvp also because of the insane burst and how u can kill other classes in a matter of 1 Global cooldown. i also think its fun setting up shatter combos as frost.

very pretty! lets face it arcane barrage is the coolest looking spell in the fucking game! its like a giant cosmic vortex twirling mega ball of purple death.

very loveable... who doesnt wanna bring a mage to the raid? great dps great buffs and food! dont forget portals and ccs

My Rogue is a 2 button rotation.....Mutilate, Envenom......And i pull 8k with ilvl232 gear =P

That was just to be a dick.....

What would you say is the best race for a mage?

I am lvling one at the moment and i am a BE, but I am seriously thinking about switching to a troll because of their racial....

Arcane Torrent is "cool" but id rather have a speed increase talent

What do you all think?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account

My main is an spriest and I have the exact same alts as you, plus a mage. For me the mage at 80 became a PvP toon. PVE (for me, others please don't get mad at this, it's merely an opinion) on a mage is so incredibly boring once you've played a shadow priest. They are incredibly fun, and once you learn good timing on CDs they are great dps, but I got so bored not needing to balance 3 DoTs and having to worry about mana minutes into some fights and losing dps if it's a movement fight (AB buff).
    Leveling is a bit frustrating b/c you don't have the self heals and the lessened damage taken... I died SO much on my mage b/c I didn't adapt a different playstyle from the spriest (I was also dumb and lvled as fire- pre WoLK- frost gives wayyyy more survivability).
    Race wise, the trolls are the way to go unless you like aesthetic factor of Belfs.

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

Deleted

Im currently leveling a mage, just hit 65 a few hours ago.

Mage's are really fun and totally surprised me when things started to pick up alittle. Everyone told me to level with frost but fire is the way to go imo until you get all the abilities for arcane.

With fire you can use fun shit like blast wave to send players and mobs flying off of cliffs. Much fun!

I suggest you begin to play each of those classes, and the one you keep going back to should be the one to continue with.

Deleted

Mage best class.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Every class has their down sides. I bet you'll make one of the classes and then go back to another
    Definitely one way of putting it, as every class has their positives as well. I'd say just make one of each of those you're considering. Odds are one will become the most attractive, otherwise just level them all up with the use of rested experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Lou
    Signatuuuuure.
    Holy alts batman...