Glyph of Starfire

BUG???

it doesnt work for me, tested my dmg on dummy just for the numbers and saw it never worked. tested few more times on diferent dummy still doesnt add 3 seconds.. .wtf?

edit: made this post, tried few more times and it works now. but still.. wtf?

edit2: tried few more times and it buggs, sometimes it works sometimes dont.

edit3: made small vid to show im telling truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsvvH8YGUU8 (wait few mins to process it and encode in better quality(quality suck))
    Amberkintribe Yogg+0 kill 10man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQ1_SjRxaA

Deleted

Re: Glyph of Starfire

I have never seen it break, so I can't relate to your problem. Are you sure that the bars just aren't showing it correctly? What about the numbers at the top under the portrait, do they increase?

Ill go check if I can reproduce the problem in any way..

EDIT: I was able to reproduce it - once. Its a very strange bug. I did excactly like you did in your video, throw up a FF, then a moonfire, then a few starfires. These extended as they should. Then i switched to the training dummy to the right, and did the same, but it didn't work. I went back and forth between the two, and none would extend. After a few minutes though, they did it again just fine.

Like i said, i havent noticed this in raids. I suspect it may just be the dummies that are fubared.

Are you sure that the bars just aren't showing it correctly? What about the numbers at the top under the portrait, do they increase?
    yup, checked ticks in recount, looked up debuffs on target. didnt extend.
    Amberkintribe Yogg+0 kill 10man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQ1_SjRxaA

Quote Originally Posted by Parasha
    yup, checked ticks in recount, looked up debuffs on target. didnt extend.
    do you play on a regular blizzard server?

I sometimes encounter the same problem when killing dummies. Never had the problem in raids or hcs though.
    Must be something wrong with dummies.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Parasha
    BUG???

it doesnt work for me, tested my dmg on dummy just for the numbers and saw it never worked. tested few more times on diferent dummy still doesnt add 3 seconds.. .wtf?

edit: made this post, tried few more times and it works now. but still.. wtf?

edit2: tried few more times and it buggs, sometimes it works sometimes dont.

edit3: made small vid to show im telling truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsvvH8YGUU8 (wait few mins to process it and encode in better quality(quality suck))
    This issue has been reported before. I think relogging tends to fix it.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Don't know if it's comparable, but on my DK glyph of plague strike does the same thing sometimes. I think it's like this:

Glyph sais it will increase your Moonfire DOT duration for up to 9 seconds maximum (3 secs each, 3 starfires)

You moonfire one target and starfire it 3 times. The 9 second maximum has been reached. When you moonfire the second target and start casting starfire it doesn't add more time on it because the first one hasn't run out and it's probably still counting the 3 starfires.

Maybe?

you might be onto something but with this logic you wouldn't be able to extend a moonfire that you applied before the previous one wore off because it just refreshes the buff now instead of replacing it to stop the "a more powerfull spell is allready on the target" error you could get from procs. the only with target dummy thing seems more accurate theres a lot of stuff wrong with them because of the clicking off to get out of combat setup