Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: How Do you tell other paladins....

Quote Originally Posted by Fahren Kaa
    Girls have tits, even fat ones. That makes up for being terribad at this game.
    i love you.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Nicely?

Usually I'll /inspect any member of my group if it seems that they are underpreforming. The way to go about reading people is to know where they are coming from, hear why they chose a particular way of doing things, and answer respectfully back.

As stated above, stick with PMs so you dont embarrass the group member in front of the rest of the party. Be willing to not only hear what they have to say, what also try to see why they, as player, think doing one thing is better than another. As with all things, a civil voice goes a long way when dealing with other people.

If its a fellow paladin that I feel is under preforming, I'll usually introduce myself first, direct them to any of the 3 FAQs here on the site, and also let them know that they can PM me outside of the game on this site- I'd have a number of messages from people that are not even registered with the site to thank or otherwise ask for some advice.

I do feel that I have an easy time dealing with people due to having as what my boss calls "A strong sense of empathy", i.e. being able to understand and connect with people. In any case, even if they refuse to listen or ignore your advice, always be sure to treat them fairly and with respect, even if they give you none in return; its about being the better person.

Wait till they send you PM saying "hey how about you play your game and I play my own ok?" Ronark lol

I'm usually not SUPER polite, but I get the point across.

I saw a ret paladin using blessing of kings and seal of wisdom pulling 800dps one time.

I nicely said "Hey, if you switch to seal of command and blessing of might, your damage will be ALOT higher."
    TO which he just replied, "Don't tell me how to play my toon, you're a druid, you have no idea how to play a paladin" (as I was pulling 7k on my feral alt.)

/votekick

1. If you're willing, then 'offer' your advice.
    2. Now let them come to you, if they dont, fine, dont lose any sleep about it.
    3. When/if they come to you, ask them 'why' they're doing/specced/rotation/gemmed/enchanted the way they are.

(this will give you the best idea of how to approach the next, correcting, stage)

4. Come at it from the opposite angle and explain what changes they should make, and why (using the examples that they gave you in no.3 (above).
    5. Run another instance with them to show them the difference.

------------------------------

tbh, it's extremely rare i help someone, though i have 1 side project, a month ago, a lvl 80 pala, his first lvl 80 char (he even asked what emblems of triumph were for..), randomly found in a pug when i was playing my priest (yes, my main is a palatank, kingslayer, etc, etc), and i had seen soooo many shitty random tanks that i simply needed to help. I followed my own steps (above), it went well, and i was satisfied that afterwards, i had let loose a promising potential pug tanker.
    Ex-gm of Eternals
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&n=Ori
    "Blah blah woof woof"

I don't its their freaking problem
    Obviously Blizzard needs to hire more Pirates to counter the growing Ninja threat.

10+ Year Old Account

Exactly nicely ask them if they want some advice etc in a whisper .3 things will follow.

1.they,ll get insulting and you stick em on ignore ...i,m going bald enough already dont need anymore hassle to add to it lol.

2.they,ll threat you warily as tbh most new dinged 80,s are terrified if someone in better gear turns their gaze at them lowly peons persevere and show them your true intentiosn your there to help.

3.they,ll listen and eat up your font of knowledge like 5 year old guzzle suger at partys,

i,ve had it once where a new dinged 80 retridin was pulling 400 dps so i inspected the spec gear was ok for about 1.2k so it ahd to be spec whispered them asked would the like some advice etc they guzzled it up and is now pulling 10 to 12k in a top end raid guild on my server .problem now is he has better gearthan me and i,m jealous lol still it makes me happy and tingly to know i can help players.
    Faith Manages