10+ Year Old Account

Prot warrior DPS

Hey all, I've been gettin kinda bored with the game lately, so I've decided to attempt something that I really haven't seen anyone else do, and that is Prot DPS. I'm decently geared for PvE fury, with a few PvP pieces i have been unable to replace as of yet, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to help me out in my endevor. I'm already planning on farming H FoS for the 1h axe from the first boss, and replacing the glyph of devestate with the glyph of shockwave. And I know, I know, this is not going to be a competative DPS spec, or anything like that. I'm just doin it for the fun of it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...reon&gn=Saisho
    is my armory. I'm thinkin about taking the point out of Imp Disarm and putting it in Imp Spell reflect, as i t could be used to help out a tank occasionally. Btw, I'm DPSing in Battle stance, so I'm sitting around 46% arp.
    "......I forgot my pants again, didn't I?"
    "Yep"

Re: Prot warrior DPS

you have next to no block rating(oither than through str) and you should replace your ashen ring with the agi one, you get more crit
    in my pvp block set i can push 3k smacking a dummy, but thats block capped and w/o deepwounds
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

10+ Year Old Account

Gotchya on the ring part, i was already considering that. And my reasoning behind almost no block rating is due to the fact that from the heroics i've run, I've found that devastate is actually higher DPS than shield slam, since the SBV scaling reduction on Shield Slam. I'll continue to toy with it though, try swapping out some of the pieces with excess hit on it for SBV
    "Yep"

If your going for max dps, get glyph of cleaving or whatever and maybe imp cleave. Spamming cleave in tank gear coupled with thunderclaps shockwaves and singletargetting on big pulls and icc and such puts me at like 5-6k dps sometimes. And thats without speccing into cleave, though i do have deep wounds.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

doubt you will have much rage :<

probably gonna be raged starved most of the time but other than that it seems good

I want to see some plain-retarded-reckless-stupid DW prot/fury dps style.. it would be somewhat DW-dk tank style.... would love that tbh ;D

"Live without regrets"

I guess what your saying is that you want to be in the dps role as prot. You will do a lot more dps as prot of you're tanking though, just throw on a couple dps trinkets, some dps gear while staying crit immune or at least close, and you can pull like 3k single target and much more multitarget. If you try to dps as prot with someone else tanking your just gona end up having enough rage for a special like every 3 autoattacks and it's going to be no fun at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, its been workin pretty well so far, still tryin to get a better 1hander. but rage really isn't an issue, thanks to Glyph of HS. it generates 10 rage when it crits, and talented, it costs me like 7 to use, with about a 45% crit chance unbuffed. that is my main rage generation, and it works pretty well.
    "Yep"