Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cata 1 hand arms DW spec (possibility)

I just read a thread
    (^ Rhyme)
    The thread was about strength 1 handers for frost DKs, and if blizzard changes enhance shammies, for enhances shams too.
    And it got me thinking... (well, thinking further, at first it was more of an arms with death wish, AND Bladestorm in cata for 2h)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Lhrsd...hxx0i0z:oqszMo
    (2 more points in Wrecking Crew, 1 In Bladestorm, 2 in Precision)
    (Use either maces or Axes, whatever floats your boat)
    Ok, it's pretty much Arms with 2 1h's, Rotation as follows:
    MS -> HS -> Overpower -> HS -> HS -> HS -> HS -> ... Look at it people (axe is preferred for this part)
    The glyph, the reduced rage cost, the weapon speed, the weapon damage, the bladestorm + Deathwish.
    This is a heroic strike (with crit basically every other HS) build. This is also why Axe is preferred, you just stack crit and haste and try to give up ArP (oh god that's going to be hard, oh yes, I know it's being removed from the game statwise, too, my beloved :,( )
    I figure 1h mainhand damage is about 60-70% of 2h wep damage (depending on speed), with the off being 40-50% (talented)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50787
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50415

So, if you attack a shitton faster than a 2h, with JUST as much damage, with a stronger attack that is every hit (and you'll have the rage to)
    Why not?
    I did some rough estimates in my head, and I came out with this spec being as good, if not better, then a standard 2h Dw/1 wep in cata.
    only one thing needs to happen... Strength 1h non-tank weapons. (Even though with this spec, it doesn't matter, as you don't have http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=29763, just the shitty arms 4% one, I kinda hopy they buff that a bit, even then it's only weapons.)

If I'm missing anything, please feel free to corrct me, please leave constructive comments. I would love to hear some comments
    In b4 LOLNUB ^ I hope u c wut i did thar
    Let's show 'em our hearts.
    Then show them theirs.

Re: Cata 1 hand arms DW spec (possibility)

Why would you want deathwish? It would only be a 10% damage increase.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

To add to my post:
    With Bladestorm + Death Wish, well, even w/o Death Wish, you'd be doing more total damage, as with http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=23588 You would be doing 10-15% more damage overall, on top of Death Wish. The slower the weapons the better.

Another thing I just thought about/realized, talent trees are indeed being reworked, so alot of stuff will change, this is good and bad, good because we will have 5+ more talents (at least).

This means we may not be guaranteed some stuff, but it still may work, maybe.

We'll have to wait and see, until then I sit here rubbing my hands together in anticipation.
    This spec makes me so excited that I'm foaming at the mouth, and veins are popping out of my neck and arms.
    Then show them theirs.

Are strength 1-handers a way to get rid of tanking weapons? That would make a lot of sense, because two of the four tanking classes are already balanced around using dps weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Why would you want deathwish? It would only be a 10% damage increase.
    20% damage increase.
    Then show them theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryu
    your head seems to be broken.

weapon damage is calculated as follows (weapon dps + AP/14)(swing speed) you will be hitting for much much less with faster weapons. as arms all your moves are based off weapon damage and as your bleeds, with which a fast weapon will have lower bleed damage and your moves besides execute will hit like a pussy.

also axe is preferred bc of the crit dmg bonus, not the crit %. also offhand dmg is significantly less than your mainhand hit from your 2hander and also does not benefit from impale and axe spec because it cannot produce a yellow hit.
    Yeah, I didn't say it would be flawless, it was just a thought
    There are drawbacks, many... many drawbacks... But it would still be alot of fun
    Also, I'm not good at math, and I thought about the solid numbers for about 10 seconds, and don't really thnk about the mathematial formulas, I just go by expiriance of what works, and I haven't had expiriance with DWing 1h's since BC, and it's changed alot since then and nobody will use it now, mostly because of no STr 1's, and 2h's are a better choice, but like I said, an expansion is coming and things can change, maybe not large things like how DWing works, but little things here and there to make it more on-par. Blizzard also said they wanted some crazy and funky things made possible, where you can have custom specs and cookie cutter specs. So why couldn't this be a viable spec based on what they have said, as I just mentioned 18 words ago?
    Then show them theirs.

Blizz said that they were planning on bringing 1handed fury back, now whether they balance it around having new talents just for one handers or by adding additional effects to current talent (e.g. adding a dw'ing 1h component to titans grip.) dw arms would be viable in either case depending on how deep in the tree these talents go, and if it is like dkfrost, chances are they will be out of reach.

your head seems to be broken.
    Also, I said rough estimates, meaning they could be off, I didn't have a calculator or solid mathimatical thought going on behind it...

Sooo thanks for pickin my post apart like a shitty meal with a couple of good parts in it.
    Then show them theirs.

you still have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. please go roll a rogue weirdo...
    I am pretty sure I know what I'm talking about, I have been playing a warrior for 3 years now with raids 4 nights a week, in a guild that was at one point 3rd best on the server (1st alliance), all while I was in it, but shit happened people left/gamequit. Now they are about 5th or 6th overall (3rd alliance). I haven't been playing for 2 1/2 months now so I am beginning to get a bit rusty when it comes to some things, but if I went back right this second I could actually play it gear it gem it w/e just as good as before

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dge&n=Valdemar
    Just an armory if you call bullshit, by current standards this toon is shit. Was really good (or decent to good, at least) before I quit.
    Then show them theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by galindo
    Blizz said that they were planning on bringing 1handed fury back, now whether they balance it around having new talents just for one handers or by adding additional effects to current talent (e.g. adding a dw'ing 1h component to titans grip.) dw arms would be viable in either case depending on how deep in the tree these talents go, and if it is like dkfrost, chances are they will be out of reach.
    Provide a link proving this please, I follow blues every day and have seen nothing that suggests this.

you say you are "good at math" but you have not posted any sort of proof with numbers to your claim other than you are right.
    I didn't say I was, have you not been listening to what I have said? I said I didn't write it down on paper, I thought about it for 10 seconds, thats the, 3rd? Time I've said this; but you persist on thinking me a simpleton moron nub, now, if you're done submitting thoughtful, however negative feedback, I would love to hear some positive feedback of some sorts, and no, I don't stalk EJ like it's the only thing on the Internet.

Thanks.

P.S. Would love an option to have thread authors be able to delete comments/replies in their thread, would save alot of work for Moderators, and would set an overall better mood because of less negativity.
    Just a thought, like the OP.
    Then show them theirs.

Also, thanks for the positive feedback from all the other posters, I didn't refresh the page between some posts.
    Then show them theirs.

Nobody cares about your gear or if you THINK you know what you are talking about, you posted a thread about alternative play styles for arms that could potentially become beer than the current one and you have been informed that it would not be beneficial. the topic has been covered a long time ago on EJ forums.

btw your gear is bad.
    I've had about enough of this troll
    Straight up, this is a FORUM, A PLACE FOR THOUGHTS AND RESPONSES ON TOPICS
    I also said I quit nearly 3 months ago so my gear was good by those standards, at this point it's shit.
    AND ONCE AGAIN (what a fucking suurrrrrrprise) I said I don't lurk the EJ forums consistantly, I spend most of it here.
    If you're going to throw accusations of not knowing wtf somebody is talking about, fully read posts. For the love of God, it will do everybody good.
    Then show them theirs.

as do i, blizz said, and correct me if im wrong, they would not be bringing 1h fury back because "thats not how they see warriors anymore"
    This guy is just sharing a possibility he thought of. Maybe it doesn't or does work it does not matter. He wanted to try something different is that a reason to be a stuck up ass hole? No.

I like people trying to be different thanks for this thread.

C. and yes this is a forum, a place for thoughts and responses on topics, and if you cant handle anything but a positive comment form people on the internet than maybe you shouldnt post.
    Maybe you shouldn't be harsh? You can criticize kindly.

but you dont understand what you are talking about because
    A. this has been covered by people who do understand what they are talking about and do have math to back it up in addition to a spreadsheet

B. these forums are hardly a source of ANY valuable information and are filled with a majority of "hi this is my armory help me not suck

C. and yes this is a forum, a place for thoughts and responses on topics, and if you cant handle anything but a positive comment form people on the internet than maybe you shouldnt post.

you seem to have a hard time accepting criticism especially when u put so little thought into your theory which seems baffling. maybe you should reed the EJ forums considering Landsoul makes a nifty spreadsheet where u can actually put this amazing spec of yours in with weapons and gears and buff and everything
    I didn't say I read thre forums for informational purposes, just fun, and I mostly use it for news, as it is very reliable. Also, just about everything has been covered in this game, but not everybody knows about it, so they repost it, yet again, I don't stalk EJ. Also, again, I am taking your criticism fine, I just don't appreciate it's negativity. Also, thank you, I might just look up that spreadsheet, after all, I wouldn't know about it seeing as to how I don't go on EJ as much as I do MMO-Champion because I learned how to play my class without research, and not only I, but others would say I do a damned good job at playing a warrior, shit, I'd hope one would play a class effectively after three fucking years.
    Then show them theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Unrested
    This guy is just sharing a possibility he thought of. Maybe it doesn't or does work it does not matter. He wanted to try something different is that a reason to be a stuck up ass hole? No.

I like people trying to be different thanks for this thread.
    The first issue with this is the OP should expect heavy criticism and if he can't handle it he shouldn't post in the first place, especially if it's something very technical about the game that can be quite easily proven or disproven (which in this case it is). Secondly, every Tom, Dick and Harry comes onto these boards every day with what they think is a unique idea that will be so game breaking once people realize it, except that people have already considered it 99% of the time and are sick of people who have no clue what they're talking about. I'm not saying what he posted will or won't work, but I'm not really sure what he expected to get out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    The first issue with this is the OP should expect heavy criticism and if he can't handle it he shouldn't post in the first place, especially if it's something very technical about the game that can be quite easily proven or disproven (which in this case it is). Secondly, every Tom, Dick and Harry comes onto these boards every day with what they think is a unique idea that will be so game breaking once people realize it, except that people have already considered it 99% of the time and are sick of people who have no clue what they're talking about. I'm not saying what he posted will or won't work, but I'm not really sure what he expected to get out of this.
    And see, you can be considerate while getting your point across as you just did.

being polite has nothing to do with the internet. if you cant handle the heat get out of the bandwidth.
    I can handle it; I've had my douchebag moments as well. I'm just trying to help the guy who feels attacked.

Hey I like the fact that some1 is trying new things with their respective class and want to share in their ideas and get some feedback wither positive or negative. BUT Shoryu form the START has done NOTHING except try to rip apart this OP's thread. He himself is nothing but an Elitist Jerk who only takes pleasure in ripping apart threads. If he has nothing to contribute to this post he should just GTFO and leave this thread be to ppl who actually want to have fun and try new things with their class. I for one would like to hear more of this idea as I look for new and fun ways to play my warrior on my OWN time not a raids.

And go ahead and rip this post apart too Shoryu an Elitist Jerk as yourself can get a few seconds of pleasure out of it.