Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cata 1 hand arms DW spec (possibility)

Quote Originally Posted by thetaurenrogue
    Patrol's combat log is fishy withing 100 dps of each other overall for raid dps but his fury parse is 17 secs or 8 percent shorter so make that 9 percent dps difference into more like a 17 percent and they are not anywhere close anymore. Second he has great gear besides his off hand and is doing <9k dps on a short single target fight with 12k cleave damage just to buff meters a little more.

So most likely you are looking at 8600 dps or so compared to a good fury warrior with similar gear doing 11k or so.

So as something fun to do on an off progression night yes but stop trying to misinform people that this is a viable raid spec.
    Hey mate, a couple of things you may have missed with my dual wield arms spec:

DPS Actual DPS Damage Done Dps to Boss Presence Combat time
    9,642 9,672 2,601,964 9,600 100% 4:29

The number is not less than 9k or even 8600.

Even if you take away any "padding" (not that you really can on Saurfang due to the reduced AoE damage taken by adds), I still did exactly 9,600 dps to Saurfang himself.

What's fishy? Why do people presume I'm trying to pull one over them? I'm not. I'm trying to offer an alternate arms spec that's kinda fun and scales really well with things like heroism and passive haste buffs.

Also, fury benefits more from shorter fights than arms does. Especially when you can line up a heroism with deathwish.

You'll see in my Fury attempt, I was able to use Deathwish three times in a fight that lasted for 4:47, one of these was cut short due to time contraints. Had this been a longer fight or a shorter fight, I would have done less damage.

DPS Actual DPS Damage done DPS to Boss Presence
    10,439 10,534 3,002,313 10,275 100%

Once again. I am not hiding anything. You can see my buffs etc. I have no Tricks of Trade, I have no Hysteria. On my fury attempt I am sundering for myself. I am not trying to make anyone look foolish, I merely pointing out that I have tried this in a live raid, on a heroic mode kill and found success. It WILL NOT beat fury on most fights, but I believe it will beat conventional arms with the correct weaponry and some playstyle refinements (this was the first time I had tried my spec).

Less hating, less closed mindedness. Please.

Warrior // Fury // www.redsunguild.com

What i really hate here is that I see ppl posting stupid ideas thinking they are cool and awsome when in reality the ideas suck. Before ICC came out these forums were filled of LK FIGHT SPECULATION where combat mechanics were thought and stuff or ideas how the fight will go were posted. Each of those ideas sounded as retarded as this idea and each person thought how cool ideas they were and how good players they were. This warrior obviously is a BAD player, period. You can see it in his posts "Everyone else around me sucks im good and awsome" and what is surprising here is that i see ppl posting how good this idea is in their opinion. It sucks, big time. Thinking this could be possible Cataclysm spec is even more stupid since we have no idea how the talent trees are gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiusaaja
    What i really hate here is that I see ppl posting stupid ideas thinking they are cool and awsome when in reality the ideas suck. Before ICC came out these forums were filled of LK FIGHT SPECULATION where combat mechanics were thought and stuff or ideas how the fight will go were posted. Each of those ideas sounded as retarded as this idea and each person thought how cool ideas they were and how good players they were. This warrior obviously is a BAD player, period. You can see it in his posts "Everyone else around me sucks im good and awsome" and what is surprising here is that i see ppl posting how good this idea is in their opinion. It sucks, big time. Thinking this could be possible Cataclysm spec is even more stupid since we have no idea how the talent trees are gonna be.
    I'll be going through this thread at my leisure and hitting people with ban hammers later, mostly because of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.