Gemming as a Death Knight

Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Mortr%C3%A9d

As you can see, im running with a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41398 and a 10 all stats gem. So here's my question; would it be better to get socket bonus, or only the 8 strength bonuses?
    The DPS is the meteor that made dinosaurs extinct, the locust swarm that plunged nations into famine, the eruption that blanketed nations in soot and ash.

Re: Gemming as a Death Knight

+6 str bonuses and only if its a yellow socket to use an Inscribed Ametrine (10str/10 crit)

Edit: Looked again at the question and armory. No, just stick with all str in the chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Deleted

Q: What should I gem for?
    A: Red sockets = Strength
    Yellow = Strength/Crit, only if the socket bonus is 3+ strength per non red gem.
    (So if you have a chest with 1 red gem and 2 yellows, the chest needs to have a socket bonus of 6+ strength)
    Blue = Nightmare Tear or 10Str/15Stam for your meta. Once meta is going it's -usually- best to gem Strength.

credits to Kumduh.

Alright, thank you
    The DPS is the meteor that made dinosaurs extinct, the locust swarm that plunged nations into famine, the eruption that blanketed nations in soot and ash.

Let me get something clear. Every socket with atleast 3 str bonus, i should get if i could activate it with a 10 str and 10 crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Velion
    Q: What should I gem for?
    A: Red sockets = Strength
    Yellow = Strength/Crit, only if the socket bonus is 3+ strength per non red gem.
    (So if you have a chest with 1 red gem and 2 yellows, the chest needs to have a socket bonus of 6+ strength)
    Blue = Nightmare Tear or 10Str/15Stam for your meta. Once meta is going it's -usually- best to gem Strength.

credits to Kumduh.
    i think you must has misunderstood kumduh. i can't see him advising anything in blue slot except
    "Nightmare Tear for your meta, after that just slot in pure str and generally ignore bonus, obviously some bonus will require some rethinking" or something along those lines
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!