BFBC2? Should I buy?

I'm wondering if anyone has played BFBC2 on the PC, and could tell me their exp with it. I'm a big fan of battlefield games, and I played the beta of BFBC2, but it was only one map and I still cant decide if I want it.

Help if you can :P

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: BFBC2? Should I buy?

If you like blue screens, sure.

I can't play more than 15min without hard locking. Neither can like 10 pages of people on the BFBC2 boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    If you like blue screens, sure.

I can't play more than 15min without hard locking. Neither can like 10 pages of people on the BFBC2 boards.
    Sounds like a hardware problem.

Game has been running fine for me

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm sure a hardware problem would bluescreen elsewhere.

A large chunk of people running quad-cores+win7 x64 are getting the BSOD.
    48 pages filled with either punkbuster issues or bsod/crash to desktop.

im fine without punkbuster, they have non punkbuster servers also, I ran the demo fine so that should mean I don't have a problem.

Can you return the game?

Don't bash a good game because your computer doesn't work properly. That's your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by djsjr
    I'm wondering if anyone has played BFBC2 on the PC, and could tell me their exp with it. I'm a big fan of battlefield games, and I played the beta of BFBC2, but it was only one map and I still cant decide if I want it.

Help if you can :P
    Don't expect a great SP. MP is fun though.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    Don't expect a great SP. MP is fun though.
    Thats what I thought, thanks :P

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Don't bash a good game because your computer doesn't work properly. That's your fault.
    Yeah... 48 pages of people crashing is *my* fault.

I don't BSOD on any other game. Neither do most of the people in their support forum. It's an issue with their coding, not our computers.

Yeah... 48 pages of people crashing is *my* fault.

I don't BSOD on any other game. Neither do most of the people in their support forum. It's an issue with their coding, not our computers.
    And yet your the only one reporting it? Like I said, don't bash a game because your computer is screwy.

On Topic: I personally enjoyed the Single Player missions. The Invincible AI Teammates were useful, but won't fight the game for you (That's your job). They were also funny, and had a few jokes at the expense of Modern Warfare 2 that had me laughing.

But the multi-player is were the game is greatest. I am personally enjoying how the game has you feeling the need to be in a squad, everything from being able to resurrect teammates to spawning next to them. Also, the fact that buildings are destructible means that a Tin-Foil roof will not stop a very large gun from killing you (like in MW2).

Snipers in the game are more realistic, the bullet is effected by gravity (but not wind?), so you cant fire from a KM away and expect the bullet to hit. They are also better when it comes to balance, Bolt-Action Rifles takes one shot to kill, but take time per shot. But other sniper rifles take 2 shots to kill (unless you get a headshot).

Tanks, while strong, are not overpowered, and can be destroyed easily if you mindlessly Zerg in. They come with a few optional perks that can add some strategy if used right like smoke screen (more useful than you think).

When it comes down to it. Skill only gets you so far in this game, and you need to use the squad system and some strategy if you want to be good at it.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

And yet your the only one reporting it? Like I said, don't bash a game because your computer is screwy.
    I'm not bashing it.
    I *love* BF games. I rather enjoy the 15min-1hr i get playing this game. It feels extremely balanced, and the squad based system is amazing as ever.

Simply warning the incoming buyer that having too high end of a computer may or may not be a double edged sword. The issue lies with Win 7 x64 and Quad-core processors. If you have that layout, you may end up with a game burning a hole in your wallet until Dice gets it fixed.

You really are a true dumbass. How the bloody hell could he ever foresee that one out of all the games he plays would not work, especially when he has a high-end rig? It's nothing but the games fault. Would you seriously expect him to change his computers hardware because the game doesn't work as it should with it?

That has to be one of the most stupid things I've read here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Core

You really are a true dumbass. How the bloody hell could he ever foresee that one out of all the games he plays would not work, especially when he has a high-end rig? It's nothing but the games fault. Would you seriously expect him to change his computers hardware because the game doesn't work as it should with it?

That has to be one of the most stupid things I've read here.
    Sorry, have to agree with ya' there...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I would say yes to getting it. I run Win 7 x64 with a quad core and have no problems at all with the game. Grant the first week was a bit rough but that was the case with almost everyone. Since then they have hashed out most of the problems it seems and I have not really had any issues with it. A few times getting disconnected from servers etc.. but nothing major and nothing that would keep me from telling somebody else to go get the game.

The SP I have not finished yet but I like it and the MP is fun as hell esp if you know a few people you can team up with and work together you can really stir some things up then.

tbh i don't feel like pc's are a great platform for these types of games. i all truth any company that releases i high end game for an uber rig is losing out on alot of potential business. especially so if its not working well with a particular proccessor set up, it simply means they didn't do the full RnD on the pc version.

also pc gaming is for me anyhow rofl click headshots most of the time, mouse movement is so fast these days that you can spin click someone to death.

consoles is where most games shine i'm afraid and not everyone wants to buy/upgrade there pc every year for a couple of games. sure you may have an uber computer this year, but next year a new game will come out that you will need to upgrade for cause your £1500 rig is average now. where as my console is gonna stay the same for 3 years or so, and i know i can play any title up coming that i want.

i see pages and pages of pc user screaming about every game they play, often there is a reply in every post along the lines of "buy a console"

Pc's are a pain, cause they are all different, some really bad some really good, so if you aim for the middle you have to produce a graphically outdated version to trully hit the masses on pc's.

seriously on the consoles i have had 0 problems save one which was the level 10 trophy didn't ding up when i got it, but tbh who cares about that.

also pc gaming is for me anyhow rofl click headshots most of the time, mouse movement is so fast these days that you can spin click someone to death.
    Enjoy your guided aimbots on consoles

My copy of the game has arrived from Amazon today!

Quote Originally Posted by Orccy
    tbh i don't feel like pc's are a great platform for these types of games. i all truth any company that releases i high end game for an uber rig is losing out on alot of potential business. especially so if its not working well with a particular proccessor set up, it simply means they didn't do the full RnD on the pc version.

consoles is where most games shine i'm afraid and not everyone wants to buy/upgrade there pc every year for a couple of games. sure you may have an uber computer this year, but next year a new game will come out that you will need to upgrade for cause your £1500 rig is average now. where as my console is gonna stay the same for 3 years or so, and i know i can play any title up coming that i want.

i see pages and pages of pc user screaming about every game they play, often there is a reply in every post along the lines of "buy a console"

Pc's are a pain, cause they are all different, some really bad some really good, so if you aim for the middle you have to produce a graphically outdated version to trully hit the masses on pc's.

seriously on the consoles i have had 0 problems save one which was the level 10 trophy didn't ding up when i got it, but tbh who cares about that.
    rofl wat? i've been on this rig for god knows how long, probably 2 years or something and when i bought it it was a decent rig...now it's a medium rig and i run BC2 on high with nemas problemas and you don't have to buy a new rig to get a better PC numnuts you can just do some minor upgrades for your current rig.
    cheche ಠ_à²