Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unholy DK gear question

My mainspec is blood tank, but occasionally I swap to Unholy to dps. We are currently working on the Lich King, where Unholy seems to be awesome, and I'm using the 4p t9 (all 232) which makes my Blood Plague crit, which is currently 30-40% of the damage done by blood plague, which is on it's own 20% of my overall damage (on top) on the LK so far (p1/little bit of p2).

I'm using 251 hands http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50811, I have 245 shoulders as a backup http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47696 and just won myself a pair of 251 legs http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51786.

What I think:
    - Break set with all new items for single target bossfights (ie. Sindragosa, BQL, Marrowgar etc)
    - Keep set bonus for fight with adds (ie. Lich King, deathwhisper, Champions (toc))

Please advice.

Re: Unholy DK gear question

use the pants keep the set. The only time you should break the 4piece is for 2 piece t10. I believe that even holds true for the 232 gear.

10+ Year Old Account

Dpsing lich king with 232 gear, now thats badass!

Wow I find it so funny when someone who has no idea how to gear a class trys to tell someone else how too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saanu
    Wow I find it so funny when someone who has no idea how to gear a class trys to tell someone else how too.
    enlighten me

Only thing I can say about your current gear is that 4p T9 is a bit outdated even for the LK fight and having it all 232 makes it even worse. Now if your on LK in 25 man then you should be in a decent guild to wear you dont need to spend your frost on you Main spec any more. Now if that is true then wat you want to do is buy 2p to start off with shoulders and helm. And keep 2p of the T9 when you get enough badges to buy chest and gloves do it for 4p. Both 4p T10 and 4p T9 are about equal in total dmg bonus during a fight. The stats on the T10 gear is wat makes it considerably better not to mension 2p T10 is dumb OP currently. Keep the 251 legs you have they will do if you have money buy the 264 crafted ones.

Ow i dont know maybe the part were you tell the kid to wear 232 gear.

Ow i dont know maybe the part were you tell the kid to wear 232 gear.

Try re-reading the OP. That is all. Then read how I say what you basically said in your last post

I didnt say that i said sit on it for a bit until he can get 4p you are telling him to rock 232 for the rest of him dpsing. So nuff said

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Critical92
    Dpsing lich king with 232 gear, now thats badass!
    I outhealed a voa25 on my healadin a few minutes ago, still using black temple cloak and blues, doing 6.6k hps, more than a 251-264 geared paladin. Ilevel is invalid.

Only thing I can say about your current gear is that 4p T9 is a bit outdated even for the LK fight and having it all 232 makes it even worse. Now if your on LK in 25 man then you should be in a decent guild to wear you dont need to spend your frost on you Main spec any more. Now if that is true then wat you want to do is buy 2p to start off with shoulders and helm. And keep 2p of the T9 when you get enough badges to buy chest and gloves do it for 4p. Both 4p T10 and 4p T9 are about equal in total dmg bonus during a fight. The stats on the T10 gear is wat makes it considerably better not to mension 2p T10 is dumb OP currently. Keep the 251 legs you have they will do if you have money buy the 264 crafted ones.
    I'm doing 10m strict, forgot to add x.x I'm only needing 1 more setitem for tanking, then I can go for DPS items I'm currently doing 9-12k dps on the LK fight. I know 251 is better than 232, obviously, but as blood plague is such a massive part of my damage on that fight, I hesitate.

What i said is void anyway since you cant buy the dps T10.

Deleted

What i said is void anyway since you cant buy the dps T10.
    So stick till the setbonus till I can actually get t10 2p?

Yea

I agree with keeping 4p t9 even if it's 232 until 2p t10 especially for aoe purpose. honestly the set bonus is still that good especially for unholy since it runs along side of wondering plague. You can try to experiment with the other peices but my bet says that you're going to get the most dps and damage done with either 4p t9 2pt9/2pt10 or 4p t10.

I didnt say that i said sit on it for a bit until he can get 4p you are telling him to rock 232 for the rest of him dpsing. So nuff said

lol I said use the pants and the only thing the t9 4set should be broken for is 2pt10. Like I said you needed to re-read what I posted

Dude if your gunna keep talking about this then re read what i said. I said use both 2p for a little. U on the other hand want him to use the 2p for good i said for a little bit then go to 4p T10.

Dude if your gunna keep talking about this then re read what i said. I said use both 2p for a little. U on the other hand want him to use the 2p for good i said for a little bit then go to 4p T10.

.... wow thats what you got from what I said?

Here is what I said in pictures

no set bonus<4p t9<2p t9 and 2p t10< 4p t10

I could draw it out if it still confuses you

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

if you can drop all the hit and expertise,, think you should use the new items.
    the gloves for example would allow me to drop my expertise ring and hit trinket for a hit ring(better then expertise ring) and a NES (better then my hit trinket). its all about itemisation in this case. if you get to much hit and have to downgrade other pieces its not worth it, otherwise its probably better. blood plague crits are nice, but not 'that' amazing imho.

only when aoe damage rly is a issue, u might wanna swap back.

the 4pT9 is incredibly strong being unholy, but this is dependent on how many adds are present.
    I can't tell the exact number of adds, but I out-dps in 4pT9 (3x 232, 1x245, rest few 264, 245, 232 ilvl) all of our other dps, even when they are complete 264 ilvl when doing trash with lots of adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugene
    the 4pT9 is incredibly strong being unholy, but this is dependent on how many adds are present.
    I can't tell the exact number of adds, but I out-dps in 4pT9 (3x 232, 1x245, rest few 264, 245, 232 ilvl) all of our other dps, even when they are complete 264 ilvl when doing trash with lots of adds.
    in b4 - dps on trash IS trash posts.

4pt9 is cool. but you are still a tier behind, and the fact that its not even the 245 t9 makes it all that much more attractive to jsut get 2pc tier 10. you'll see your damage on a single target fight go up signifficantly and you're aoe damage will still be awesome.....frankly anyone would take a lil dmg away from aoe to have a lot more dmg single target....it's all about switching targets quick and pumped out huge SS's