Been out of it for a while, help?

Hi,

I've had a recent break from WoW, and during that time I've discovered these forums, so I've been lurking around for a bit.

Anyway, I just renewed my hunters account tonight, and I'm soon going to be joining a pretty intense raiding guild.

But, I need some help before that.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ing&cn=Exterra

If anyone could take a look at my current setup and recommend in what direction I should be going for Spec/Gear then I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Re: Been out of it for a while, help?

Gem agility going for softcap is no longer better then agi gemmed.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree, you probably will not do well with the "softcap", it's a very narrow band of gear that may do better with it, and even then...let's just say it's controversial

If you can replace the NES with a DV or even Whispering Fanged Skull (ICC10), and gemmed pure agility, you should do alright for now. Once you get a bit higher gear you can look at ArP. Always play with the spreadsheet/femaledwarf.com to try to decide when that point is. You're also more than 3% over the hit cap, so ditch the other trinket ASAP

As a sidenote, it's almost always better to put Nightmare Tear in your chest or pants, depending which needs the blue socket; they always have great socket bonuses, and helms are usually red sockets. Yours just happens to not be.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Pick up another piece of tier 9 for the 2 set bonus, probably the head being the best choice.

Try to get your teir 10 chest and rock both 2 sets.

Alright thanks for the feedback, so basically you guys are saying:
    -Get both the T9 and T10 2 set bonus
    -Gem for AGI until my gear is higher when I will then gem for ARP

Drop some hit, get rid of that trinket and find replacements for your head and chest (use t9/t10). And get all your yellow socket bonuses with agi/crit.

Also drop a point out of go for the throat into focused aim so you can lose more hit gear.

While using both 2 sets you want to have the legs and head of teir 9 and the shoulders and chest of teir 10. Using the badge gloves (Logspliters ) as your hands. Thats the optimal gear set up until 3/4 sanctified tier 10. In that case you would use everything except the legs an use the crafted legs or the ones from Lady deathwhisperer.

Pick up a DMC Greatness to replace one of your trinkets preferably the hit one.