Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Killing an Ice Mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Try running after him instead of being in this forum
    Amidst the sea of bad jokes, it's nice to see this gem :P

Simple. Nerf mages. They are OP, true story.

Deleted

One does not simply kill an Ice Mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Signa0o
    Frost Mage.
    Armor type: Cloth
    Health Average: 50k
    Mana average: 100k

Has a frost shield that absorbs all damage until drained empty then he uses it again!
    Has a manabubble.
    Summons 3 mirror images
    Has 1 Water Elemental that stays forever. Each spell the elemental uses slows the enemy target.

Currently=Unkillable until a world wide 30% buff comes out for everyone.
    fix'd

OP:

Quote Originally Posted by stf2
    reduce his life to 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotboy100
    Do enough damage that their health depletes to 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Azranas
    press buttons till his life = 0
    Simple, isn't it?

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

kite him to lich king?

Put your face on your keyboard, start rolling back and forward with your head.

^

Here's how:

Quote Originally Posted by secret
    first when he cast frost nova use death grib and chain, try to heal urself as much as u can. use anti magic sheel when he use vein.try to silince and interp as much as u can and kill him.
    OF COURSE
    ITS SO SIMPLE
    ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS DECODE THE ENCRYPTION
    SURELY A MASTERMIND DESIGNED THIS PUZZLE
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Because it's so overbudget, it can't be situational or mage dps swings enormously. Eclipse is in a similar boat. It's not a bad talent per se (in our minds - druids may disagree), but because the swing is so large, any time you don't benefit from it, your dps drops a ton. (Source)

So they're admitting that the people who actually play the class say how terrible it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanutra
    Paraphrasing....
    How do you handle beast cleave teams?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Generally I break out the lube and wait.

im not sure about you guys complaining about frostmages being unkillable ??? i play a death knight and i best every single frostmage on my server, even the gladiator ones. just play duels over and over again until you developed some strategies yourself.

some hints:

remember, though: you have two things to force a mage to blink: gnaw and DG.
    also remember yor ghoul cant leap when he is rooted,
    keep in mind a mage cant blink while silenced and
    always be aware of your gargoyle dealing massive damage while not being reliant on melee range.
    basic rule of thumb (as unholy): only dump your runic power when he tries to kite you. coils deal too much damage on range to waste them in melee.
    build up RP in melee, use it on range.
    and hell yeah: either shatter his ice barrier on range or while AMS is up (easier with gargoyle up).
    another thing you could do while you have AMS or AMZ up is to kill his waterelemental. cool thing against frostmages is the glyph of death grip as it resets your grip cooldown when you kill the elemental.
    if your insignia is not ready put up AMZ right before he deep freezes you (after a few duels you can esitmate it. get power auras and let it warn you when his icy fingers procced).
    rather sacrifice your ghoul when you are at 70% hp than let it get killed or heal your ghoul through the shatter combo with glyph of death's embrace while walking towards the mage.
    try to stand not before the mage but INSIDE him so you can chain him always when he roots you, so he cant get away simply by walking.
    start the one on one always on your mount and jump towards him. in mid air slows will be applied to you, but they only start working when landing, so you stand inside him when you got hit by the first nova. then chain immediately.
    when he is inside ice block, retreat out of nova range, mount up and start the duel from the beginning (jumping at him) or stay, watch the iceblock timer carefully (he might cancel it) and immediately hit silence or gnaw when ice block fades. he will either take massive damage (silence) or will be forced to blink without casting frost nova first (gnaw). remember: his frost nova cd got reset by iceblock (glyph of ice block)
    when you are sure you are in a position you can land a few strikes dont hesitate to use empower runeweapon.

well these are the only frostmage 1on1 hints i can think off the top of my head ^^ hf and gl
    Black is what darkness looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by volunthas
    im not sure about you guys complaining about frostmages being unkillable ??? i play a death knight and i best every single frostmage on my server, even the gladiator ones. just play duels over and over again until you developed some strategies yourself.

some hints:

remember, though: you have two things to force a mage to blink: gnaw and DG.
    also remember yor ghoul cant leap when he is rooted,
    keep in mind a mage cant blink while silenced and
    always be aware of your gargoyle dealing massive damage while not being reliant on melee range.
    basic rule of thumb (as unholy): only dump your runic power when he tries to kite you. coils deal too much damage on range to waste them in melee.
    build up RP in melee, use it on range.
    and hell yeah: either shatter his ice barrier on range or while AMS is up (easier with gargoyle up).
    another thing you could do while you have AMS or AMZ up is to kill his waterelemental. cool thing against frostmages is the glyph of death grip as it resets your grip cooldown when you kill the elemental.
    if your insignia is not ready put up AMZ right before he deep freezes you (after a few duels you can esitmate it. get power auras and let it warn you when his icy fingers procced).
    rather sacrifice your ghoul when you are at 70% hp than let it get killed or heal your ghoul through the shatter combo with glyph of death's embrace while walking towards the mage.
    try to stand not before the mage but INSIDE him so you can chain him always when he roots you, so he cant get away simply by walking.
    start the one on one always on your mount and jump towards him. in mid air slows will be applied to you, but they only start working when landing, so you stand inside him when you got hit by the first nova. then chain immediately.
    when he is inside ice block, retreat out of nova range, mount up and start the duel from the beginning (jumping at him) or stay, watch the iceblock timer carefully (he might cancel it) and immediately hit silence or gnaw when ice block fades. he will either take massive damage (silence) or will be forced to blink without casting frost nova first (gnaw). remember: his frost nova cd got reset by iceblock (glyph of ice block)
    when you are sure you are in a position you can land a few strikes dont hesitate to use empower runeweapon.

well these are the only frostmage 1on1 hints i can think off the top of my head ^^ hf and gl
    Thanks for the advice on this one. There are alot of parallels that can carry over to 1v1 vs. other classes here too.

slow him down, hit death grip, take down there shield, and own them