10+ Year Old Account

22 Primordial Saronite

So I just won the bloods off of Festergut and Rotface 25 man and have thus far bought 3 Primordial Saronite for a total of 3350 gold and I need 22 more. I am 22 badges away from 4 piece T10, have 1450g currently, I am a warrior and thus can whore myself out for heroics/badges and I have herb/inscr.

Is my only real option whoring in heroics or is there anything else I can do? In 3.3.3 PVP might be a viable option but gem prices might crash in 3.3.3. I'd preferably like to get the rest by next Sunday morning (which I doubt is possible) and I will need ~1k left over for enchants and such.

And no I am not going to buy gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Re: 22 Primordial Saronite

Ask someone for a loan

Um... try to get close enough then borrow from friends?
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

herb, make glyphs, sell

making gold is not hard, i paid 2k a piece for my 25 primordials

Group up with an enchanter in dalaran, go solo stratholhome, i get 3-4 righteous orbs 10ish greater eternal essences and about 15-20 Illusion dust a run, i make 2 crusader scrolls and sell the rest of the enchanting mats as they go for loads still, you also get loads of runecloth that you can sell/hand in for rep

15+ Year Old Account

Moving this over to professions, as the saronites are primarily for crafting.

Whoring yourself out for heroics would be worth about...

90g per run + badges.

So 3 runs per hour = enough badges for 2 gems + 270g = 480g.

Since you don't need gear you will make less money than going out and farming herbs.

I highly suggest doing GDKP 25 man runs, so you spend gold but get most of it back at the end for the primordials. Also they are only 1k gold each (server dependent) so you should be able to get AT LEAST 500g per hour doing pretty much anything. If you need 22 that is 40 ish hours of farming at that rate.

Ultimately the weapon is not worth it unless you are going to get shadowmourne(your guild said they will give you shards) Because shadows edge is NOT better than other options.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Why dont you make weekly ICC 25 PUG's reserve the 1st BOE that drops and all the Primordials. The BOE that drops can get you atleast 5 primordials and most PUG's make the 1st quarter of icc 25 easily so 9 primordials every week
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanoble
    Why dont you make weekly ICC 25 PUG's reserve the 1st BOE that drops and all the Primordials. The BOE that drops can get you atleast 5 primordials and most PUG's make the 1st quarter of icc 25 easily so 9 primordials every week
    I doubt you'll get a decent group together with locking so much stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Woony
    I doubt you'll get a decent group together with locking so much stuff.
    Its already hard enough to create a group that will be able to clear some bosses. And 30% won't join if you take away there chance to get the full amount of loots.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GodTier
    I already have 6 as of writing this post and need 19 more Saronites so Heroics are working just fine for me so far I guess. I run ICC25 with my guild every week so GDKP runs are not an option. Shadow's Edge is BIS along with Cryptmaker pre-heroic and I doubt I will be seeing Heroic ICC 25 or 10 progress/items any time soon. As it stands it's roughly a 300 DPS upgrade over Bryntroll so it sounds like it's worth it to me.

I am pretty sure herbing would be worse money as on my server herbs don't sell for shit. No kind of herb is over 30g a stack except Frost Lotus, and flasks are already down to 20-25g a pop.

Beg your guild for saronites? Thats what I did for my boots.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

10+ Year Old Account

I am already buying Saronites from guildies at a discount and I will be able to buy the 2 Saronites the gbank has for 1/2 AH price once they are the last ones I need. I am most likely just going to be doing a ton of heroics - I tank in prot DPS gear and do 4-4.5k DPS and can be kept up by someone in 219/232 easily so they go pretty fast.

dude i myself farmed them before opening week of the plaguewing halls or whatever, all i did was ask guildies or friends for good prices, which the best deals i got were 1800g, when they were about 2500g on server for them at the time, and farmed frost badges on 3 toons, so i would suggest if you got em, semi gear up another 80 toon or 2 and farm farm farm, them frost badges i mean icc 10 isnt really hard. Good luck :P

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    I already have 6 as of writing this post and need 19 more Saronites so Heroics are working just fine for me so far I guess. I run ICC25 with my guild every week so GDKP runs are not an option. Shadow's Edge is BIS along with Cryptmaker pre-heroic and I doubt I will be seeing Heroic ICC 25 or 10 progress/items any time soon. As it stands it's roughly a 300 DPS upgrade over Bryntroll so it sounds like it's worth it to me.

I am pretty sure herbing would be worse money as on my server herbs don't sell for shit. No kind of herb is over 30g a stack except Frost Lotus, and flasks are already down to 20-25g a pop.
    I don't have an alt to farm frost badges, so I was more or less in your position. No alt to do GDKP/farm frost badges.

The thing you can do, run Heroics, trade in 10 Emblems of Triumph down to Heroism, buy Dreadstones, and sell them. If you have Wintergrasp, you collect tons of Stone Keeper's Shards too, and you can cash out 150 of them for 10k honor, which can buy you a Cardinal Ruby in SW/Org (from the PvP JC vendor).

If you have a friend who is a JC, he can turn those into 150-200g gems.

If you know anyone with a healer alt that needs badges, or some ridiculous DPS that wants easy badges/gold/something to do, grab them and steamroll instances like mad. With any luck, you can really make 500-1000g an hour this way*, just so long as you are geared enough to chain pull like crazy, and have the time to queue back to back (it doesn't require a profession, and isn't boring, and is guaranteed to get you money)

*well, if you don't end up hitting Culling of Strat figure, 5-7 emblems per instance, 4-5 instances an hour, 5-6 dreadstones in 2 hours, not counting Stone Keeper's Shards/Abyss Crystals/Greater Cosmic Essences. Yeah, rough math, but it gives you a rough estimate

my main + 6 alts .. random daily 2 badges weekly 5 x7 = 49 badges a week .. 2 saronites + all de mats /grreens de'd to make enchant to sell on ah.

one of my alts is elixier master so extra flasks i proc i sell on ah.

2 saronites a week from main/alt badges + gold earned in heroics and selling flasks / enchants ... i plan on doing it again for one of my alts.

You've got a pair of pretty lousy moneymaking professions there (yes - i know, if you download a dozen crafting add ons and dive into the mass production 12hr undercut market you can make money with glyphs - but if you don't want to do that it sucks).

Are you in love with inscription? Otherwise drop if for enchanting or maybe even alchemy to go with your herbing. Enchanting would allow you to disenchant all the junk from those instance runs you are selling and/or solo old world content for disenchants. Alchemy would give you the gem transmutes which is low effort income.

10+ Year Old Account

This summer I am dropping both to level BS and JC after levelling my Hunter to 80 so he can be my mining bitch as JC makes a lot of money and BS is good for PVE (extra sockets). I tried herbing today and it didn't net me much...