Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Metamorphosis in cata?

But i wuv my demon form

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    This spell is the coolest 51-talent (poll made) and you want more out of it?
    I dunno, warriors seem to love the "look at me with TWO 2-handers", and I see quite a few Priests happy with rainbow lazors (Penance, the fart cloud known as Dispersion is just laughable :P).

Your poll says nothing.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I would love for Demonology's final mastery (the one that gear influences) was added duration to Metamorphosis. The better gear you have, the longer you stay in Demon Form. As this is PvE it wouldn't matter if it was affected by Turn Evil and Banish. I don't think Mastery is going to be a PvP stat anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyplay
    There is already a glyph that makes Metamorphosis last 6 seconds longer.
    And mostly of all, Metamorphosis is fun simply because it isn't a passive form like Shadowfrom & Moonkin, etc.

Why? Well if they made Metamorphosis into a passive form it would be alot weaker then now meaning less fun too. It's called balance.

You can't have them both.
    What would you pick honestly?

A. Very powerful Metamorphosis form for a short time when it's needed
    B. Ordinary, weaker then the current Metamorphosis form on 24\7, passive.

I pick A.

Besides, I think it's perfect now and anyone else saying otherwise is just a bit whiny and need to roll a Moonkin insted.

Sadly i have to agree with this. Mechanic wise its fine the way that it is, i like the idea of having a 3 min 20% damage boost CD...works like pallies wing but more intresting. On the other hand the looks is just too fucken cool to ignore....i pop that shit in Dal just for looks. How about something where the 51 talent points gives you the look and new spells (make it like shadow alt1 stance) and give a spell you can only cast while using it that gives the armor and damage boost. That'd be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Give other classes a special mount before you give warlocks another.
    most classes have some sort of unque mode of transportation
    shaman-ghost wolf
    druid-flight/travel form
    warlock-dreadsteed
    pally-charger
    deathknight-spooky horse/doomchicken
    the ones with out a unique travel method rly dont have any thing that can be given to them thatd be unique to their class? whats a warr gona ride...or a rogue
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

Quote Originally Posted by kidvicious
    whats a warr gona ride...or a rogue
    Warriors ride rogues. Make it happen!

15+ Year Old Account

Please make a different metamorphosis for each race/gender combo.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

My gnome prefers being a giant purple demon every 2 minutes... I don't want to be an imp. ;_;

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash
    Please make a different metamorphosis for each race/gender combo.
    I totally agree, a different demon form for each race/gender combo.

Gnomes, I hope you will be a small small small little little little demon with a big head, horns on head, small wings, mwhahaha.

Anyway, yeah, pretty something like that depending on race/gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Give other classes a special mount before you give warlocks another.
    Butbutbut, I don't care about other classes?

Meta is my third favorite thing about playing demo warlock in the end game. On my first LK 10 kill, meta came up just as I got stuck in sword world and I interuptted rip with charge. Few other classes get anything like turning themselves into a demon, setting themselves on fire and then charging into something to break their cast.

Soul fire is my second.

Decimate with meta under lust during dps check fights is the best thing. Chain critting saurfang for 32k every 1.4 seconds is wonderful stress relief.

As an aside demo locks could probably take the 20% damage all the time previous to several of the small tweak buffs of late and been completely balanced. I'm glad they didn't (I like it how it is, feels more monumental) but there's nothing all that insane about the talent. Look at how much damage you get out of modern shadow form - no really, read that talent - and then look at demon form. Only thing I'd like them to change is give it some sort of mirror imagesesque threat shift quality. Having a spec with no threat reduction or pushback protection is kinda lame.

Also I miss immolation aura on heroic festergut
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I dunno, warriors seem to love the "look at me with TWO 2-handers", and I see quite a few Priests happy with rainbow lazors (Penance, the fart cloud known as Dispersion is just laughable :P).
    Dispersion is one of the most generally useful 51 talents in game so I'm not sure why its 'laughable'. Pardoning the crit trigger bug its hard to really complain about it - Penance, on the other hand, is unreal dull. I won't even get into GS; oh boy a tank cooldown as a 51 talent.

Also if you've never had a rogue open on you while mounted and then whisked away in cloud form you probably have no idea what the talent actually does.

I would definitely like a at least 2 different models, one for each sex, and then replace taunt and cleave, with real abilities please, they are completely useless. Even with the bonus armor and demon armor up, you are not a tank. I would like to see shadow bolt volley come back( but they dont really need more AoE) or perhaps something like summoning a pack of imps to fireball for like 15 sec( like a mirror image type), or give them a stronger main nuke, or another dot, or have shadow bolt leave dot damage like ignite.

Other then that, I would like to see meta become permanent, but I know it never will.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuke09
    there should probably make 2 forms for each gender for cosmetic purposes but beyond that i wouldn't know
    I agree with this, a female version would be quite cool.

However on the demon side... It could take the aspect of an Incubus or a Succubus which can change gender as they please meaning that turning into a demon they just change gender's, but that is just a suggestion.

Personally I think a male and female form would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    I would definitely like a at least 2 different models, one for each sex, and then replace taunt and cleave, with real abilities please, they are completely useless. Even with the bonus armor and demon armor up, you are not a tank. I would like to see shadow bolt volley come back( but they dont really need more AoE) or perhaps something like summoning a pack of imps to fireball for like 15 sec( like a mirror image type), or give them a stronger main nuke, or another dot, or have shadow bolt leave dot damage like ignite.

Other then that, I would like to see meta become permanent, but I know it never will.
    Agree and disagree with this. Taunt: I can see WHY it was put in place. Blizz wants Meta form to be an emergency oh crap tank for heroics. I've done this many many times with bad tanks. I have NEVER needed to taunt the mobs. Immolation Auar was always enough to hold their attention. So it could go easily and not be missed.

Shadow Cleave is an unsung little gem that few people really understand. At first glance you think "oh lol a melee cleave" but it's actually more than that. It's a FREE 500-1000 damage per mob while you are in melee range for immolation aura. It's off the global cooldown and if you macro it to shadowbolt or something it will fire as soon as you finish casting. Free damage! Never a bad thing.

Immolation Aura already makes it king of aoe. It doesn't need a casted aoe spell. They tried that, spell pushback made it impossible to get off.

I like the mechanics behind Meta as it is right now. I'd say my only real complaint with it is that i'm only over powered for 30(6) seconds out of 126(180). I'm hoping Demonology's final mastery stat extends metamorphosis. ^_^