Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: US First GotIR, Patch 3.3.3 Honor Changes, Blue posts

Don't look at marks to calculate the cost of mounts, but to the Battleground rewards.

Before:
    3 Marks win
    1 Mark defeat
    If we take a 50% chance to win (not always true, but will do for calculation purposes):
    Average marks for a BG: 2
    BGs needed to get 90 marks: 45

Now:
    1862 honor normal wins, 3723(double) first random and first call to arms wins
    621 honor defeats
    With the same 50% chance
    Average honor for a BG: 1241.5
    BGs needed to get 50000 honor: 40.27
    First random and first call to arms count double, so if they are 1 in 5 bgs you do, you end up with a number closer to 32 BGs for a mount.

I'd say 32 BGs for an epic mount is 71.6% of the work it took before, so I'll say it's a win.

Hmmmm... If Call to Arms and Random BG have the exact same bonus and are on the same cooldown, why even keep both? Confusing, IMO. Glad to see the PvP marks go the way of the dodo.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX
    Anyone got a clue when 3.3.3 is going live? I'm getting impatient >_<

Soon (TM)

Deleted

Wasn't it Exorsus (the Russian guild) getting world first Glory of the Icecrown raider on both 10 and 25?

Edit: Never mind, I read "world first". /facedesk

Am I the only one seeing a "Glory OR the Icecrown Raider" on that screenshot? ^^

How much is a single kill worth in terms of honor?

Considering kills themselves are now doubled in terms of honor gained and objectives still exist alongside the ability to turn in Stonekeeper shards (30 Shards is 2k Honor, or 66.66~ per Shard, almost every dungeon has at least 3 bosses for 800 Honor per dungeon), the mounts, and equipment in general, are probably equally accessible for those who were a PvP oriented faction in a battlegroup. For those of us who are not, the mounts are absurdly more accessible even at a steep cost of 50k Honor.

Deleted

Any info about AV mounts?
    50k honor or need to do more AV before patch?

WTF? 50k for the mount? mount costs 90 marks so one mount should costs 20k honor max (if you accept 185 prize for one). If you wanna buy a mount do it before changes because itz totally non-profitable!

Anyone know if all the gear still has a team raiting limit on it? I can't bring myself to do arenas' just to get the pvp weapons.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrim
    Am I the only one seeing a "Glory OR the Icecrown Raider" on that screenshot? ^^
    Do they imply that Icecrown Raiders have no glory ?

15+ Year Old Account

great, i was waiting for this for ages

Wonder what they'll do with the Alterac Wolf..

Quote Originally Posted by hocbav
    WTF? 50k for the mount? mount costs 90 marks so one mount should costs 20k honor max (if you accept 185 prize for one). If you wanna buy a mount do it before changes because itz totally non-profitable!
    What?

There's no way farming your mounts is "profitable", that doesn't make any sense at all.

I for one would also MUCH rather grind 50k honor than 90 of those horrible marks.

Deleted

Why don't you have these mounts yet? Plenty of time left even.

Ps. Did you really spell it "itz" :-\

Is the thought of more honor for an honorable kill, and random battleground rewards too much for your puny mind to comprehend? Maybe you should learn to understand the patch notes before speaking. I'm glad you found a way to profit from PvP mounts though, I don't think anyone else has. Also, it's*

10+ Year Old Account

So... Is there anything extra given for winning a BG that's not the random or call to arms? Without getting more marks for winning and not anything to replace them it doesn't seem like there will be any motivation to actually win the BG...

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    So... Is there anything extra given for winning a BG that's not the random or call to arms? Without getting more marks for winning and not anything to replace them it doesn't seem like there will be any motivation to actually win the BG...
    I think the idea is to encourage people to just run random. You can still select individual heroics but you don't get two bonus badges. They want as many people in the random pool as possible so the queues go fast, if they didn't reward random people would just run AB/WSG/AV and their other three BGs would remain dead during off peak hours. (At least on my battlegroup)

I was expecting 75k per mount to be honest. I think 50k is actually quite cheap!

Taking the time to farm 30 marks from AV,AB,WSG takes much longer than grinding out 50k honor. And you don't even have to suffer through the ones you hate. As alliance you can just plop your butt in AV all day for win after win then bam you get a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz
    Anyone know if all the gear still has a team raiting limit on it? I can't bring myself to do arenas' just to get the pvp weapons.
    what? u want more welfare loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Bingolotta
    I noticed on the test realm that you can no longer see ongoing battles, and thus no longer choose to join one, when clicking on the battleground names.
    That really sucks big time...

Other than that I welcome the changes!
    Is it possible to get a clarification and/or confirmation on this one? Not being able to join an ongoing BG where my guildmates are when I login is not exactly gamebreaking but removing the option to do so seems unnecessary. Perhaps we can just be invited in some way and choose "Teleport to <BG>" as we do with the random dungeon tool?