spriest trinket discussion

gday guys, just a quick question

i got reign of the unliving (245) and muradins spyglass (251), what should i use?
    spriest rates muradins spyglass better by 2.46 PP

while using reign i have:
    3407 spell power
    29.34% crit (900 crit rating)
    954 haste (29.09%)

while using muradins spyglass:
    3257 spell power (3437 with 10 stacks)
    32.20% crit (1031 crit rating)
    954 haste (29.09%)

this is while self buffed

15+ Year Old Account

Re: spriest trinket discussion

last i checked you had two trinket slots...use them both?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

sigh....

im not an idiot lol i use dislodged as well, the threads about which trinket is better

#07 Muradin's Spyglass(251)

Icecrown: Gunship Battle / Normal-10 / Simcraft-Althor
    276.46 = 131*0.76+176.9

#08 Reign of the Unliving(245) / Reign of the Dead(245)

ToC: Anubarak / Normal-25 / Simcraft-Althor
    274.0 = 150+124

276.46 > 274.0

Theres your answer

Go with the one you like the most, I would personally go with Muradin cuzz I like it but many thinks Reign is the "funnier" one of them.

The "PP" value are very simular on them and the simcraft isn't made with your gear, I would run a sim craft by yourself if you realy wanne know which one is the best one.
    276.46 > 274.0 simed with gear that's not exactly the same like yours isn't the whole world, go with the one you find "funnier"

Quote Originally Posted by eErike
    Go with the one you like the most, I would personally go with Muradin cuzz I like it but many thinks Reign is the "funnier" one of them.

The "PP" value are very simular on them and the simcraft isn't made with your gear, I would run a sim craft by yourself if you realy wanne know which one is the best one.
    276.46 > 274.0 simed with gear that's not exactly the same like yours isn't the whole world, go with the one you find "funnier"
    this was the answer i wanted to see, unlike the others, thanks mate

i would preffer reign cos im not a fan of stacking trinkets, but i was curious on other ppls insight

reign for short duration fights, like heroics, farming, trash or heavy movement/gimmick fights where stacks might drop. muradin's for static boss fights that guarantee 100% uptime on 10 stacks.
    that's the answer you're looking for, and I guarantee that if you used your brain for a few seconds, you would have come up with it all by yourself... or not in which case I pity you.

Reign is better in ANY situation where you won't be able to keep muradin up 100%, if you ever have any possible chance of the spyglass falling off, go reign, else go spyglass.

Personally I find the reign to be far better, because of that- they are so close in value that imo the reign is better due to it's mechanics.

As has been previously stated, you will find a good use for both of the trinkets. When you can keep the stack up you will want the Spyglass.

Just basing it off of PP values from shadowpriest.com is not going to give you good enough data for your answer

I'd recommend you run simcraft on both configurations to get your exact data.
    You seem fairly competent so I'll just post the address and you can run from there:

http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/

You can also use Rawr if you like. I find the data very similar but the readout is a bit better in simcraft

pp values are based on patchwerk fights, reign of the dead drops like hell if there is more than one target involved (which is true for 9 of 12 bosses in icc). therefore, spyglass is the way to go.

also note that spyglasses stacks will never fall of due to the unique mechanic behind it (refresh on damage, not spellcast). tear gas might be the only point where it could fall of, but you can counter this by reapplying dots (which you should do anyways).

tl;dr: spyglass