Tank Help (Frost DW)

Hey Guys,

I've been rolling as a unholy/frost/blood dps since 3.0 and with changes in my guild have been moved over to tanking, I've been trying to keep a updated tank set as we progress picking up tanking offset items etc. I was hoping you guys could help me Gem/Spec correctly?.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Winsticles
    (Currently in dps gear as thats what I logged out in)

I use a rotation of

It->Ps-Ob->Bs->Bs->Fs-> Rime procs->Ob->Ob->Ob->fs->Rime procs Repeat.

My gemming is slightly messed up but I'm looking into changing to greens 10def/15stam and reds 10dodge/15 stam for all slots.

Thanks guys.

In return, Love.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Tank Help (Frost DW)

Can't see your gear, as armory shows your unholy DPS gear, but, I'd rather take Glyph of Obliterate over UbA. UbA will grant you some more survival, but you should be just fine on that department as frost, provided your gear is decent enough. Obliterate on the other hand, will up your threat by quite a bit.

Rotation looks okay-ish.

As for gemming, I'd only socket for bonuses if it's something like +12 sta (hi headpiece) or to activate my meta. +9 sta I might think about, if I'm feeling low on some important stat, but in all seriousness, dodge and defense is something I'd never socket for in current gear. There's so many of both on our gear that the DRs are silly. Rather go for exp/sta, hit/sta or just straight stamina then.

I use a slight different rotation.

Icy - Plague - Blood - Blood - Obli and second part of rotation same as you.

And yes as already said above here, I would also never gem for dodge. Gem purely stamina, only use other gems to activate Meta and if bonus is like 12+ stam i would consider gemming for it depending on colors needed to use. And if you dont want pure stam Expertise + stam is a good way to go. Or even Stre depending on how much expertise ur sitting at.

I've swapped my gear over should be about 20 mins max and it'll show tank.

I've sorta got this anti-stam stacking thing, i've mainly gemmed stam but alot of my new stuff is socket gemmed with def/stam and dodge/stam.

Yeah, your way over the defence cap, there really is no need for the + defence/stam gems, put a pure stam gem there instead.

Also, Id reccomend swapping out Glyph of Indominability trinket for The Black Heart which drops in ToC5 reg. Its ALOT better I think, ive tested both of them, and the glyph is a little underbudget imo.

Glyph of Ob tends to gen up more TPS then GoFS. since you sink most RP into RS you shouldn't be using FS often enough to make it worth it.

other glyphs are good, spec is good

the dodge/stam gem is curious, but not OMG TERRIBAD. i understand you are trying to match socket bonuses, but pay careful attention to that sorta thing so you dont gimp yourself

as far as def gems, it's not worth it. if you go over cap due to innate stats on gear its cool to be overcapped, it always adds avoidance and makes IBF better. dont gem for it though.

the stam/speed enchant is better on feets for tanks

overall not bad
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Would it be better going agil/stam or just going straight stam (keeping to 12stam sockets and meta)

10+ Year Old Account

Also, +30 sta / resi on shoulders > dodge/def. Personally, I liked the Glyph of Immobility, the armor on that one is quite sweet. But the Black Heart is a very solid trinket too.

Also, like was said above: Tuskarr's Vitality on boots is awesome, you should use it, there's quite a lot of fights where you need to run.

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Also, +30 sta / resi on shoulders > dodge/def. Personally, I liked the Glyph of Immobility, the armor on that one is quite sweet. But the Black Heart is a very solid trinket too.
    Even though its the master's scribe ones (i thought it would've been a bit better)

And i upped from heart to key, mainly for the great on use.

EDIT: I only really ever use FS if im over 70 RP (Marrowgar OT/Bad RNG on dodge/parry)

u can have exp/sta for red

pay some gold for the 264 boots

glyph of UBA > glyph of OB

P.S.
    i see your mace every week with my lock, and my DK can't get 1 ........damn RNG god

Hm thanks guys, i'll be changing my gems/glyphs over once I build up the funds XD.

that mace dropped in 2 weeks, I was rather surprised it dropped so close together aswell.