Who too beacon on dreamwalker :P

Well, during 10 man normal and 25 normal, i go holy, and usually beacon the tank. I take the portals 100% of the time, is it better to beacon dreamwalker, and spam heal raid, or beacon a tank and spam heal dreamwalker? :P

Re: Who too beacon on dreamwalker :P

Beacon dreamwalker? Why would you limit yourself to healing only the tank?

beacon dreamwalker, beserk with holy light => WIN

You want to beacon Dreamwalker and heal either yourself, or a designated person/pet with talents that boost healing taken. Either way, the person getting healed needs to be standing near Dreamwalker.

There are two reasons for this. The first is that Glyph of Holy Light double dips from the healing buff - you'll start getting 50-60k(or more) heals from the glyph alone.

The second is that it frees you to heal people that are low if necessary, while still keeping the healing on Valithria going. The raid healers should be able to keep people up, but if they get behind a few Holy Lights on the raid, combined with the glyph splash, go a long way towards giving them time to recover.

I personally just heal myself and stand on her. In hardmode you're taking a lot of damage from the healing buff, and to me it's not worth taking the risk of dying just so you can boost your numbers a little by healing a pet. Last week I ended up doing the 5th most EHPS in the world on Hard Valithria 25, so I'd say it doesn't hurt your numbers too much.

Thanks for the replys :P

the problem is:

you loose dreamwalker out of the /focus when entering the portals.

Kinda sucks since i use Vuhdo to apply AND track the duration of the beacon. Any way to work around that?

Is there an addon which shows me ONLY the Beacon (no ClassTimer or similar addons please)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)
    Yes, they mean it! Got a broken leg, a female Dwarf and an infraction. Don't mess with humor folks !

Quote Originally Posted by Funky303
    the problem is:

Kinda sucks since i use Vuhdo to apply AND track the duration of the beacon. Any way to work around that?

Is there an addon which shows me ONLY the Beacon (no ClassTimer or similar addons please)?
    You could use PowerAuras to show you an icon whenever you have the Beacon of Light buff (not the one where you are the beacon, but the one where the heals on you go to him/her as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Funky303
    the problem is:

Chances are u use DBM. make a macro.

/cast Beacon Of light
    /dbm timer 60 Beacon of light on %t

You have huge mana regen since your going in the portals. Just make a macro for that fight to cast beacon on dreamwalker and hit it right after you come out of the portal. No targeting necessary. You could also put divine favor in the macro to make your life even easier, but save illumination, wings for bloodlust and guardian spirit. If you keep your stacks up the last 25% is a breeze.

I've only done the fight once so far and we succeeded but I will be using a macro like this for our next run to make it even easier, and I use vuhdo also. Turning on target of target made it easier also to keep your judgement up and to target the boss if needed.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I keep Beacon on Valithria at all times and try to heal the tanks when I'm not phased but sometimes I'm too far away and just spam Holy Light on myself.

I use 2p T10 Divine Illumination the first time I come out, speed pot the second time, wings the third time and of course Heroism another time.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    You want to beacon Dreamwalker and heal either yourself, or a designated person/pet with talents that boost healing taken. Either way, the person getting healed needs to be standing near Dreamwalker.

There are two reasons for this. The first is that Glyph of Holy Light double dips from the healing buff - you'll start getting 50-60k(or more) heals from the glyph alone.

The second is that it frees you to heal people that are low if necessary, while still keeping the healing on Valithria going. The raid healers should be able to keep people up, but if they get behind a few Holy Lights on the raid, combined with the glyph splash, go a long way towards giving them time to recover.

I personally just heal myself and stand on her. In hardmode you're taking a lot of damage from the healing buff, and to me it's not worth taking the risk of dying just so you can boost your numbers a little by healing a pet. Last week I ended up doing the 5th most EHPS in the world on Hard Valithria 25, so I'd say it doesn't hurt your numbers too much.
    So we started on H Dreamwalker tonight, while Beacon was working on the boss, our pally healers both said the bonus healing the lock was getting wasn't tranfering over to Dreamwalker via beacon.

clcbpt =D

Deleted

Tbh you should always beacon the tank, taking portals and moving to them can get you out of range but the 60yards on beacon makes it easy to keep beacon on a tank and spam valithria.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrior
    So we started on H Dreamwalker tonight, while Beacon was working on the boss, our pally healers both said the bonus healing the lock was getting wasn't tranfering over to Dreamwalker via beacon.
    He's talking about the glyph, beacon ignores percent modifiers but GoHL double dips from them. Our holy pally was getting 120k glyph heals, healing my tenacity pet.

Oh ok. I re-read it and realized he didn't say the healing modifier was a reason to actually heal them.