Page 1 of 3
LastLast

possible solution for lowering ninja looting

When master looter wants to give item to someone or himself all other
    members of raid (except player who is receiving loot) will get confirmation box with question

"Do you agree that [Player] loot [Item] ?" Yes/No

and then

in 10 man raids - player must get at least 6 "Yes" votes to loot item.

in 25 man raids - player must get at least 15 "Yes" votes to loot item.
    (I put those numbers becouse that is more than a half of raid.)

Now, I know that there might still be ninjas and some selfish
    assholes that will vote "No" just becouse they lost item or some other reason
    but this could at least lower the cases of ninja looting.

what do you think?

Re: possible solution for lowering ninja looting

Why should anyone press "Yes"?

...so player could receive loot?

This is not good whatsoever.

Look, the only way of entirely removing ninja-looting is by forcing the raid leader to clearly state the loot rules at the start of the raid. That way, Blizzard will take action if he/she violates his own rules.

This is the reason Blizzard can't do anything in most cases. Because people just assume it's MS>OS and based on rolls (which, in most cases, it is).

5 people want the item and they have a total of 7 more friends in the raid... 12 people will click no automatically since they don't want someone else to get it. Retarded idea is retarded.

Or maybe you should stop being retarded and use master looter.
    It's there for a reason.

Wont work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    Who is Athene, lol tought you meant the city at first :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Worlds greatest paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Yes, and scientology is speaking the truth

I think this was suggested on another thread but one way would be to reduce ninjalooting on vanity items such as mounts, seasonal shits and giggles gas masks etc.
    This can be done by a simple forced greed/pass no matter what the loot is set on. If one does not have epix riding skill or already has a copy of the item/mount it would be an automatic pass. Brutal but fair says I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    You talk of me as if I am a bad person yet there are rapists, burgers, murderers and various kinds of evil out there, but from the sound of it, I am the worst of the worst because I would take a virtual item in an online Video Game.

Here's an idea:

If you see someone ninja whatever loot, write down his name and next time you pug and you see this person, either warn the RL that person's a ninja or just plain leave the raid yourself.

How'boutthat?

"You cannot change Looting System during Combat"
    OS3D problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago
    5 people want the item and they have a total of 7 more friends in the raid... 12 people will click no automatically since they don't want someone else to get it. Retarded idea is retarded.
    Idea is not retarded. If you can't answer like a normal person then don't answer at all.

it wont help.ppl will start to group in guild to ninja. and lets say a group with 6 priest and every priest have 1friend in the raid and an item drop for priest, what will happen do u think?

here's an idea, when someone gets reported for ninja-looting, and can be proved by screenshot, blizzard sends someone to their house and castrates them. the only downside is a lot of the men who ninja will never get laid anyway, so this won't be much of a punishment
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    Here's an idea:

If you see someone ninja whatever loot, write down his name and next time you pug and you see this person, either warn the RL that person's a ninja or just plain leave the raid yourself.

How'boutthat?
    In many cases ninja looters change their names or transfer servers. then what?

It could work, but I think there's a better solution.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

10+ Year Old Account

Moar pirates

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    It could work, but I think there's a better solution.
    Let's hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago
    Yup this is the problem this type of loot system would run into.
    Several people get butthurt over loot and when the LM goes to give that person the piece of loot they all say "no" now that person cannot get the loot he won.

Or friends/guildmates fucking around click "no" just to aggravate people.
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwakened
    Idea is not retarded. If you can't answer like a normal person then don't answer at all.
    It is. In the wow today where doing something bad has 0 consequences it is utterly moronic. People that want a specific item won't come alone. It's not like a while ago when wow had not as many players and beeing bad or ninja'ing an item or something like that would get you on the blacklist of most of the players on the realm since every player knew the majority of his realm mates. And more than half the raid is 13 not 15 (12 if you take in consideration that the ML would go yes by default and the player that recives the item can't vote)