[ELE] Addon Help

Looking for any advice on addons for elemental shaman. Also what addons are you guys using on your elemental shaman. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Re: [ELE] Addon Help

I use o_UF, Filger & OmniCC.

You really don't need much, maybe a totem addon to keep track of your searing and what not. Other than that just make sure your duration of flame shock on target is visible as well as your cooldown on Lava Burst and you're pretty much set.

as always I suggest Totem Timers.. it is an amazing addon useful for any shaman spec.. it has a lot of options in it however you can disable everything you don't like and only keep what you find useful.. it is the best totem addon in my opinion and I couldn't enjoy my shaman without it.. it also is keept up to date fairly well which is a huge + when patch day comes

10+ Year Old Account

I use Syronius's Ultimate Shaman UI which you can find in the FAQ actually. Its super compact, has everything you need for every shaman spec, and actually fairly easily customizable for other classes (just turn off the shaman power auras and make your own for other classes).
    Part one of the Installation guide
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbC5AeDWh44&fmt=22

Xperl, Bartender,OmniCC, ACB cast bar because quartz stopped working for me.
    Armory available upon request, but here is a small preview:
    It is better than yours.

Event Horizon is far and away the best Ele Shaman addon for managing DPS I have ever seen. The trick to Ele dps is to try and fit as many casts of LB and CL into a Lava Burst cooldown as possible without going over, that is if the Lava Burst cooldown is up and you have to wait until your previous cast finishes it is bad. You have two spells LB and CL to fill up that cooldown and they each have a different length, you want the total cast time of all your casts each cycle to come as close to the Lava Burst cooldown as possible, you don't want to finish too early or too late.

Addons such as OmniCC are really really bad at solving this problem. A timer showing the number of seconds left on your Lava Burst cooldown is virtually useless. One reason is that they are very imprecise, you need to know the difference between 7.1 seconds left and 7.9 seconds left, a timer with one second increments won't help you there. Even worse even if it was more precise the total amount of time remaining on your cooldown has very little value. How many LB and CL casts can you fit into a 7 second window? The answer is it depends on your haste, which will change a great deal over the course of the fight. The answer will be different depending what temporary buffs you have up and running at any given moment. Even if you could track the current cast time of each spell and the exact cooldown remaining on Lava Burst you still have to do the math in your head, while trying not to stand in fire.

A much more efficient addon is one like Event Horizon. It represents the Lava Burst cooldown as a horizontal bar, as the cooldown timer decreases the length of the bar decreases, when the bar disappears the cooldown is up. Why is this so much better? Right below the Lava Burst cooldown are two bars for your LB and CL, every time you cast Lightning Bolt you can see exactly how long the cast is taking with your current set of buffs, and you can compare it directly to the remaining time on your Lava Burst cooldown. The human brain is very good at looking at two lengths directly next to each other and estimating their relative sizes. It is very easy to see if you can fit 3 more LBs into your Lava Burst cooldown or if 2 LBs and a CL will fit the cooldown better. A timer mod such as OmniCC does not provide you with accurate enough information to make that decision, and if it did its much more difficult to interpret. Unless your addon displays current cast time on your spells and lets you easily compare it to the Lava Burst cooldown it's not worth using.

I'm sure there are other addons that display this information efficiently, Event Horizon is just the best I have seen. It of course displays Flame Shock and any other buffs you want to track.

I do use Event Horizon, but the configuration (like colors and changing skills) is really bad.

Shaman's Friend is a nice option too.

And a cast bar addon, like Quartz. And the brother of Quartz, OmniCC.

sig by Winter Blossom

And never forget Power Auras.
    I'm not sure I can play without it now.

ForteXorcist
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...texorcist.aspx

Seriously get this! You should not raid without it. I used totem timers also but ForteXorcist also keeps track of your totems.
    Quartz is also very usefull. It has the best casting bar options. At least better then the standard Blizzard ones.

Besides that i only use Grid, Omen, Recount and DBM.

I use EventHorizon (wonderful add on, easy to use), Quartz, TotemTimes, and TellMeWhen.

TellMeWhen is an interesting add on that I use to keep track of my self buffs such as Glyph of ToW, Flametongue Weapon, and when Elemental Mastery is off CD. The addon just displays an icon when the spell comes off of CD or if I don't have the buff present.

Power Auras is also an add on I recommend to anyone and everyone, regardless of class or role.