Lich King Initial Phase and P2 Transition

Our guild are just starting to learn the LK encounter.
    The way we approach it atm is that we have the MT tanking LK and the adds with the OT tanking the horrors off to the side.
    This leads to issues as we get towards P1.5:

1: We have lots of adds up, only incidental Aoe is myself as protadin.
    2: LK is somewhere near 35 stacks of Plague Siphon (meta is for >30 iirc)

Should we be utilising the plaque to kill the adds, and if we do will that also reduce the amount of stacks of plague siphon on the boss.
    My thinking for the high stacks of PS was that the Necrotic Plague gets onto the millions of adds that we still have up and because its not dispelled it ticks up.

Re: Lich King Initial Phase and P2 Transition

Yes, you need to use the plague to kill the adds off so you have a more or less clean transition.

You can pretty much let the offtank pick up the ghouls/horrors and let that plague bounce around within themselves. Just make sure you're dropping the necrotic plague on them and you're good to go. When the plague builds up it'll one shot the ghouls and 2-3 ticks should kill the horror.

we just killed LK 10 man yesterday after about 3 nights of practice on him

Our tactic in p1 is MT tankin only the LK, with the offtank ( a prot pala) picking up all the adds (big add with direct taunt and small adds off the healers with the taunt thingie that gets 3 mobs of the target -usualy a healer-) We do a triangle with points being MT - OT - Ranged/healers with equal distance between groups and whoever takes plague runs to the OT and gets dispelled.

This worked very well for us, and all adds die about 10-20 seconds after entering transition.
    Hope it helps.

As these guys have said, it's probably better to have your OFFtank grab the adds and the shambling horrors. Our setup is a Pally MT on lichy and DK off tank. Pally doesnt use AE threat at all, and DK puts his DnD on top of Lichy so that when adds spawn they more or less go right to him. Then when you get the necrotic plague you run over to the OFFtanks mobs and get it dispelled. Adds will pretty much take care of themselves =D. Good luck!

make a triangle shape.
    We use MT on LK + adds

OT on shamblers.

plague from melee. Melee runs to behind the shamblers and gets cleansed.

Plague from ranged. Ranged runs behind shamblers.

IF you start cleansing or letting it fall off the LK gets a stacking buff, and will probably 1 shot your tank.

warning: Do NOT walk in front of the shamblers

Amusingly, my raid's biggest problem is the transition from the transition phase to the next phase, and killing raging spirits in time. Somehow, P1 was faceroll for us, but everything else is super difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Amusingly, my raid's biggest problem is the transition from the transition phase to the next phase, and killing raging spirits in time. Somehow, P1 was faceroll for us, but everything else is super difficult.
    You will likely have 1-2 up anyway. Just get the OT to run in across the platform but make sure he faces them AWAY from the raid or you will get a lovely silence debuff on everyone. We find around the back of the IB to be best. Once here line the raging lesbians up. Mark someone and everyone stacks on this (if its 25man, 10man not so important)

I don't think you mentioned whether you're a 25 man guild or 10 man guild, but strangely the way we do it in our guild (and it's worked fine in 25 man) is we have anyone in melee that can cleave, will cleave.

So instead of the adds getting taken care of by the necrotic plague, we have our melee cleave down the adds. Sometimes we'll have a few of the little ghoul adds up, but usually they're mostly dead by transition.

Obviously, this requires you have to DKs/warriors/paladins who can add in cleaves into their rotations without destroying their DPS on LK (as in don't have your rogues spam fok, but do have them blade flurry).

While this is an option, so I thought I'd mention it, I highly suggest the method that people mention above (OT with shambler taking the ghoul adds).

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    That can only mean u have a dps problem.
    We do p1 in just about under 2 minutes, and in transition we kill 2 raging spirits exactly in time for the end of the transition (they are always dead) and the third usualy dies when the first valkyr comes or is at under 100k.
    Our dps setup : Unholy dk, muti rogue, mm hunter, destro lock, ffb mage.
    At our first kill when LK hit 10% our dps was like : DK 7k+, Warlock 6.9k, mage 6.9k (with about 500k damage done less than the lock), lastly being the rogue and hunter with 5.5-6k dps each

Thanks for the replies,
    The initial enquiry was for the 10 man attempt. I was MT and basically the only incidental aoe was from myself with Conc + Hammer, this meant that there was little to no damage being done to the adds.
    I suppose if the group was more melee based: DPS warr/Rogue/Ret then it would have been less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Telant
    Thanks for the replies,
    The initial enquiry was for the 10 man attempt. I was MT and basically the only incidental aoe was from myself with Conc + Hammer, this meant that there was little to no damage being done to the adds.
    I suppose if the group was more melee based: DPS warr/Rogue/Ret then it would have been less of an issue.

We do Paladin MT and Warrior OT. Vigilance on the Paladin and the Warrior can spam taunt the adds. Using Righteous Defense does not work all the time since it does not leave a "taunt" debuff on the mob. Where as a Warriors taunt does. It works well this way, no loose adds when they spawn (all though they take like 5 sec to spawn) and the Shambling Horrors are dead going into P2.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Theoretically you shouldn't even need incidental AoE. The plague should take care of everything. There should be no DPS on the adds or LKs stacks will grow much too high. We have the plague dispelled and chained to the SMALL adds held by the offtank so it jumps around and infects everything the OT is tanking. If done correctly the Shambling Horror should die before the Transition Phase, or within a few seconds of running onto the platform.