Thread: Feral dps

Feral dps

Hey
    I'm currently stuck on around 7.4k dps on fights e.g. Saurfang,
    The thing is I don't know whether to keep Rip up with max uptime or throw a FB in my rotation,
    My armory is
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...on&cn=Rozzalot
    I'm currently going for the Arp Hardcap but Abit low, Wondering whether to lower my arp and stack agi and grab NeS or continue to go for the hard-cap
    I have One Mark-264, Which once I get enough badges for will be using on the head, Not sure what else to use it on atm
    Any help would me appreciated =)

Re: Feral dps

Get a Death's Choice and NeS, until you get Deathbringer's Will and replace NeS with that. Gem any hit that you end up missing.

Also, http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-dr...ear%27-thread/. Most problems and questions can be solved/answered by reading stuff.

Any trinket would be better than the hit one you have since you are well over 400 hit. That's ridiculous.

iirc, I read a while back that hit is not something you want too much of, and being under the hit cap is not the end of the world like it might be for other specs. As in try to get to the hit cap with gear, but don't be over the hit cap too much and don't gem for hit.

First, your meta doesn't appear to be active. Throw one nightmare tear in the best yellow or blue socket bonus and you are set.

Next, you have some pvp pieces on...this is bad.

Also, you have no set bonuses. You made a major mistake spending frost badges on the war token, idol, belt and hands before buying your T10. The T10 4 set bonus is a huge, huge dps boost. The actual value of the bonus alone is about 650-700 dps (depending on your gear level at the time) and the near perfect itemization on the gear was worth another 200 dps to me when I upgraded. Meanwhile the 264 idol is like a 25 dps increase over the 245 idol and you spent 30 badges on it. Your priority going forward should be buying T10 with your frost badges above all else.

As a poster said above, get rid of the hit trinket. Farm H FoS until you get the armor pen trinket there.

Anyway, I could go on and on but do yourself a favor and go to www.druidwiki.com. They have a cat dps calculator there that is super easy to use and will help you figure out the relative value of stats and gear based on your actual toon. What that calculator should show you also is...

Quote Originally Posted by lpemcee21
    Get a Death's Choice and NeS, until you get Deathbringer's Will and replace NeS with that. Gem any hit that you end up missing.
    Never gem hit until you are hard or soft capped armor pen and even then you should typically be using agility/hit gems in yellow sockets with attractive bonuses.

Other than that, perfect your rotation. If you go to http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t49702-f...mulation_tool/ the OP can help you out a lot. A lot of the info is outdated because the threat has been closed for months but he still has a little spiel about rotation that should help you out.

If you are doing everything right, you can give rogues a run for their money. I am pumping out 10-12k dps on 25 hard modes with all 264+ gear but the biggest jump in dps happens when you get your 4 set T10 bonus so get to work.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

You shouldve also aimed for the 4t10 first

Biggest problems I see w/ Kitteh's today are as follows
    #1. Not grabbing 4pT10 Asap
    #2. Either not getting an ArP trinket and gemming for Soft cap, or Having one and gemming over soft cap
    #3. Not pooling energy. Sometimes it's litterally better to do nothing, so you'll have the energy to keep your mangle/rake/rip/sr up
    #4. Biting too much, don't bite if your going to lose a buff/dbuff or have < 8 seconds on rip.
    #5. Glyphing for anything other then Sr, rip, and Shred are no goes.
    #6. Berzerking wrong, always zerk as early as possible and try and couple it w/ a hysteria ( if you can get it), or TotT. During Berzerk Shred, DONT BITE. Only stop shredding to reaply buffs/debuffs.
    #7 Clearcasting, ALL clearcasting procs should be shreds.

Sig Courtesy of Yoni

Quote Originally Posted by Rozzalot
    Hey
    I'm currently stuck on around 7.4k dps on fights e.g. Saurfang,
    The thing is I don't know whether to keep Rip up with max uptime or throw a FB in my rotation,
    My armory is
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...on&cn=Rozzalot
    I'm currently going for the Arp Hardcap but Abit low, Wondering whether to lower my arp and stack agi and grab NeS or continue to go for the hard-cap
    I have One Mark-264, Which once I get enough badges for will be using on the head, Not sure what else to use it on atm
    Any help would me appreciated =)
    The DPS you're pulling sounds about right for the gear when you keep a tight rotation. Since I off-spec DPS and don't have the luxury of a 4-set T10 yet, I pulled similar numbers with soft-cap + Mjolnirs with zero set bonuses. Dropped some cash and badges for hard-cap armor pen at the loss of AP/crit/haste for a nice 2.5k DPS increase.

NeS surprisingly wouldn't boost your DPS that much, even though it's better than what you have. Trinket procs don't always occur when you want, so real-life DPS gains are generally much lower than theoretical DPS gains. I'd replace your +hit trinket with NeS if you didn't have a choice, but I wouldn't stop striving for the armor pen hard cap and a better trinket. There is a point where soft-cap arpen cap + NeS trinket is less dps than being slightly over the soft-cap (but not hard-capped) without the NeS trinket, so keeping yourself soft-capped until you can go absolute hard-cap would be a waste of DPS potential. However, with your +hit trinket, beggars cannot be choosers, and it's a DPS increase regardless.

And as others have stated, get 4-piece T10. =P

Concerning Rip and FB, keeping rip up fulltime is generally the best idea unless Rip is only going to be up for a few ticks. Being able to squeeze in FB's into your rotation takes practice so you don't inadvertantly let Mangle/SR/Rip/Rake drop in the process. Being upfront, you probably aren't going to squeeze many FB's into your rotation, especially if you're still working on reaching arpen hardcap (since you'll be losing out on crit through not gemming agi... and a lot of the armor pen gear has haste instead of crit). Less crit means slower combo point generation, so your rotation must be strict to maintain 5-point Rips and SR. As your gear gets better, your crit will increase since you won't have to exclusively gem armor pen, making it easier to squeeze in those FB's. The short answer is only FB if there's enough time left on Rip and SR to allow you to rebuild enough combo points to seamlessly maintain those two abilities. Go check out some of the sites listed in previous posts for further insight on how to do this.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville