Elemental switching to enhancment.

hey again it's me. back to ask another question on my favorite forum EVAR.
    Ok so here goes.
    Lucky strike in voa25 aswell as mistake with my first 2 set of frost and I find myself with 3/5 t10 for enhancment and a 4th piece will be available to me this week.
    More luck in voa I also have 2/5 t10 ^^ .
    SO anyway.
    I am running some raids and I seem to get lots of enhancment gear o.0
    I have a heroic bracer from icc10
    the heroic chest from icehowl 25 and some other sweet offpieces however it's not complete.
    I have some really sick gear but its not full.
    SO.Should I try and complete it?As in should I do what I did when I got to 80 and worked on my ele gear with my enh gear and drop resto all together?It's not that I don't enjoy healing I do but I am kind of a free man atm.I can dps whichever way I want I guess.Ele/enh if I want to.It would be really nice if I could go Ele on a fight enh on another ele on the 4th and so on or is this idea bad?
    Oh btw I have no experience as an enhancment shaman whatsoever so yeah.
    What do you think?Is dps/dps a nice combo strictly because I like to have fun or should I stick to ele/resto and only once I complete a enh set with offspec pieces do i switch whenever I feel like it?

Thanks for feedback.
    Pew pew

Re: Elemental switching to enhancment.

If i understood your question correctly, my suggestion is to stick to Elem & Resto until you get at least 1 spec good enough gear for easy access to Raids.
    Then, when you got either Elem or Resto spec fully geared, switch one for Enhancement (the one u like less).

That way ul still have a viable raiding spec with good enough gear, and you will be able to gear Enhancement when the opportunity arises.

imo, do what you like. Enhance has the hardest "rotation" around. they also have a lot of different stats to worry about and work around.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89
    If i understood your question correctly, my suggestion is to stick to Elem & Resto until you get at least 1 spec good enough gear for easy access to Raids.
    Then, when you got either Elem or Resto spec fully geared, switch one for Enhancement (the one u like less).

That way ul still have a viable raiding spec with good enough gear, and you will be able to gear Enhancement when the opportunity arises.

He's saying he's got better gear for enh than ele, and wondering if he should go enh until his ele gear catches up.

My answer, your choice. however, if you're inexperienced, and there is not a large gear gap, I'd stay ele unless you absolutely want to go enh and make that your playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    imo, do what you like. Enhance has the hardest "rotation" around. they also have a lot of different stats to worry about and work around.
    It isn't that hardest rotation as much as it is the class/spec that is the most heavily reliant on a large number of gcd's in a normal priority(as in, buttons we press more than once every 15-30 secs). I do agree, however, about doing what he feels is best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

If you go Enh, make sure to pick up the Shock and Awe addon. For Enh you are tracking time left on your totems, time left on your fire totem (usually less time than the other ones), your Flame Shock DoT (you never want to clip it), how many stacks of Maelstrom Weapon you have up, orbs left on your lightning shield and then your remaining abilities can have a somewhat dynamic priority. It's a really fun spec, but it's challenging to get the most out of it without addon help - well, at least for me it was