Thread: Haste Pots

Haste Pots

I've only recently felt like spending a tad bit of extra gold to increase my dps by using haste pots, and I am aware that you can double pot if you use one before entering combat... however,

Is there a way to vanish-pot? I've never read anything about this being possible, so I have assumed that this wasn't possible, however a know-it-all from my guild was telling me he used to play with a rogue who had a macro to vanish-haste pot... was curious if anyone's ever heard of this or tested it before?

Re: Haste Pots

My understanding (which could be wrong) is it wont work.

You can only take 1 potion each item you are in combat and you need to leave combat before you can take another. That's how you can take one BEFORE combat starts - enter combat while still under the effect - take another durign the fight.

Vanish does not in it's self remove you from combat - it just removes you from the list of targets that can be hit. That being the case, Vanish would not allow you to double/triple pot.

No this does not work, the only time you have to hit your haste pot is before a misdirect or face pull is put out.

How does Vanish not remove you from combat though? I understand that vanish is buggy and has always had issues, but If it didn't, I'd be dieing with all the other raid members through wipes on raid encounters instead of being that prick who dodged their repair bill

it removes you from the bosses aggro list completely, however being in the boss room keeps you in combat.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted

That rogue your know-it-all guildie was talking about, might have used that during TBC to stack overkill with a haste pot (since you could use more than one pot per battle in TBC if I'm not mistaken?).

overkill wasn't around in tbc
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by mrPwnpie
    How does Vanish not remove you from combat though? I understand that vanish is buggy and has always had issues, but If it didn't, I'd be dieing with all the other raid members through wipes on raid encounters instead of being that prick who dodged their repair bill
    there is a 1 min cd on pots regardless of comabt or not. When you leave combat it will only begin the cooldown.

Just to clear it up, Vanish used to remove you from all combats. [At least I heard so...]

Anywho, right now, Vanish does remove you from combat, just not during a (raid-)boss-fight.