Thread: Rawr.

Rawr.

Hey guys, hope things are well for fellow paladins out there.

Just wanted to know if there is a way to share rawr sets that individuals create to have people rate and share opinions. And for trolls to flam of course, how could i forget those important people.

I know there is a BiS list on EJ's but i dont like it tbh, There are what...like 2million paladins in the world im not going to just go by what 1 says. Im not being ignorant, im not saying the set is bad in anyway or am i saying im better and my set is the best. There are some things that i like about the BiS list on ej's and some things i dont.

Looks forward to comments.

Re: Rawr.

You could probably distribute the save files.

Provided you can find them.

hmm, for someone like myself who has a computer IQ of 4.6 thats going to be hard.

Any suggestions on how i would do this?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bia
    Hey guys, hope things are well for fellow paladins out there.

Just wanted to know if there is a way to share rawr sets that individuals create to have people rate and share opinions. And for trolls to flam of course, how could i forget those important people.

I know there is a BiS list on EJ's but i dont like it tbh, There are what...like 2million paladins in the world im not going to just go by what 1 says. Im not being ignorant, im not saying the set is bad in anyway or am i saying im better and my set is the best. There are some things that i like about the BiS list on ej's and some things i dont.

Looks forward to comments.
    File -> Save As -> Give it a name

Send that xml file that is created to someone else when they load it up they will see the gear set you created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

"I'm better at making gear sets than the people able to break down stats into the individual boost per point and calculate the overall increase in DPS"

Then

"I have no idea how to save a file and/or link items"

>___________>...
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Are there really 2 million paladins in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled
    Are there really 2 million paladins in the world?
    Lets pray that there's not!

On a more serious note, you don't want to listen to 1 paladin (probably who has talked to more then just himself) that know knows what he's talking about but would rather upload it to random strangers or "friends" or whoever your uploading it to so that they can critique it and comment on it and what not when probably a vast majority of those people are going to go off the BiS list from EJ. Yeah, well feel free to do it if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    "I'm better at making gear sets than the people able to break down stats into the individual boost per point and calculate the overall increase in DPS"

Then

>___________>...
    Indeed. "I don't trust theorycrafting of others, I'll do my own! Erm... how do I maths?"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muraske
    Lets pray that there's not!

On a more serious note, you don't want to listen to 1 paladin (probably who has talked to more then just himself) that know knows what he's talking about but would rather upload it to random strangers or "friends" or whoever your uploading it to so that they can critique it and comment on it and what not when probably a vast majority of those people are going to go off the BiS list from EJ. Yeah, well feel free to do it if you want.
    EJ BiS lists are only for;

A. Guild Leaders
    B. Officers
    C. Lucky with drops that only you need? ( This is more comedy than realistic )

If you are not one of those 2 likely you will never see 75% of a BiS list.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

There are what...like 2million paladins in the world im not going to just go by what 1 says.
    The EJ BiS lists are not compiled by 1 person. If you look at the pages following the front page, you'll see the inputs from many users that have found a different way to gear up and get higher DPS numbers using the EJ Rawr parameters. Those of us that use that list know that it is a joint effort from dozens of users. If you are better at Rawr or can come up with a better set, post it on that thread. Just make sure you are using their settings with your gear/gems/enchants/spec.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Copain

Then

>___________>...
    Actually, he never said that he thought his list was better than EJ's. In fact he specificially said it was not.

So it's more like... "I create BiS lists that aren't BiS".

Hmmm... This sounds oddly familiar. >.>
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

BiS lists for heroic 25mans.. well I only do regular 25mans so my BiS list is this! Well I only do 10mans so mine is this.

And so on, and so on...

BiS lists are like fairy tale wish lists of gear you can lust after but will probably never see before the next major content patch.

But they do give you good insight on what to aim for when it comes to gearing.

Well i never said my set was the best for everyone, I liked it for me and think in it i could put out some nice numbers.

I am in a guild thats currently doing LK25 with all other bosses on farm.

All these flames comments are just dumb, I simply asked for a way to share it because there is another ret pally on my server who i have been talking to and he wanted to see it.

My List is BiS for ME, for the way i play and quite simply the way i want my toon geared.

Dont sit here flaming and calling me out when i simply Asked a simple question.

15+ Year Old Account

Well i never said my set was the best for everyone, I liked it for me and think in it i could put out some nice numbers.

I am in a guild thats currently doing LK25 with all other bosses on farm.

All these flames comments are just dumb, I simply asked for a way to share it because there is another ret pally on my server who i have been talking to and he wanted to see it.

My List is BiS for ME, for the way i play and quite simply the way i want my toon geared.

Dont sit here flaming and calling me out when i simply Asked a simple question.
    I don't believe that anyone is directly flaming you, Your question was how to export it/save it and it was answered, Then other people commented about BiS lists and we gave our opinion about what is considered BiS and what those lists generally mean. Sometimes it is hard to really tell what someone is talking about over text but I don't believe anyone was directly meaning to insult you. However if someone was I'd say ignore them, BiS sets in Rawr > people posting lists of gear in a long thread.

When it comes down to it... the dps difference between X BiS and Y BiS list is negligible. We're talking 100-200dps difference in a 10k dps game. Yeah its "significant" but its also "theoretical". In reality "most" players are only going to do 90-95% of their theoretical even on a tank+spank fight... and that 100dps isn't going to break you. If you are squeezing 95-100% of your theoretical, then good job, you probably aren't on here for opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    So it's more like... "I create BiS lists that aren't BiS".

Hmmm... This sounds oddly familiar. >.>
    ... No... Not again!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh