Feral DPS 4pc T9 Bonus

Atm on my kitty I have the 232 legs and chest. I am going to get the t9 gloves because they are a huge upgrade.
    I'm wondering if it's worth getting the 4piece bonus (-12 seconds Barkskin + 5% crit on ferocious bite and rip) with shoulders or head, OR should I just get the 245 head and chest and keep 3/5 t9
    I hope that made sense.
    Please no "lol 232 T9 is for scrubs" etc...
    A real answer would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Deleted

Re: Feral DPS 4pc T9 Bonus

4T9 is quite weak, about 75-100 dps depending on the rest of your gear.
    Without seeing the rest of your gear it's hard to say anything more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    4T9 is quite weak, about 75-100 dps depending on the rest of your gear.
    Without seeing the rest of your gear it's hard to say anything more than that.
    I was worried you'd say that.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rius&cn=Steaks
    He is kinda shit.
    I'm new to Feral Druids, so tell me if you can see anything just pure wrong, and then I'll fix it.

You could always throw some cheap gems/chants on your blues of a little more juice.

There’s a few talents you could drop to go further into the other tree and get master shape shifter for more crit, so I’d do that. Things like Primal Tenacity and Infected Wounds. You can also go into feral aggression, which with lower crit and haste you’re less likely to get use of on raid bosses anyways, but meh. You could drop Survival Instincts and even Imp mangle to get it. I say drop imp mangle somewhat in anticipation of 3.3.3 when it’ll be a minute, and six energy on a 1 minute debuff isn’t worth much. Pre 3.3.3 dropping Feral Instinct is a higher single target dps increase, but again meh.

To your original question I’d lean towards the 245 gear over the 4 piece 232 gear. Check out Mr. Robot or w/e it is for kitties though, I have it book marked and it’s a fun easy to use sim.
    Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

I know this was a gear check posting but you might want to consider your spec to... BTW there are a ton of post on this very question... even a what should i do post just for feral... its a good read check it out.

Deleted

Since you are already over the hit cap, and way below the expertise cap, it's probably a better dps upgrade to get the T9 head first, and after that the gloves + 245 nonset shoulders. Keep in mind that once you get some higher ilvl stuff, don't be afraid to get rid of 4T9 again as it's not that good.

If you got some gold to spare, getting a darkmoon card greatness (agi) will help your dps out a lot as well.

Another thing I noticed, the only blue gem you should use as a feral dps is a nightmare tear, any other blue gems is vastly inferiour.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...i3wi,yJr,11623

Thats my feral dps talent set

As for gear, it really depends, the T9 4 set looses its omph quite fast but if your low on crit then it is a nice boost for a while untill some upgrades come.

As for trinkets. i wouldnt bother with the greatness card now tbh.

yes its a great trinket, but costs alot for what i assume is an alt, the needle and something else is fine.

once you get the needle and provided you have enough passivly from gear, move to Arp gemming instead of agi (making the 4 set T9 even more of an upgrade for the added crit)

Deleted

i would go tier9 gloves and legs, then go for ilvl 245 head and shoulders and buy the craftable ilvl 245 chest, they are pretty cheap on my server

Quote Originally Posted by Helansin
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...i3wi,yJr,11623

Thats my feral dps talent set

As for gear, it really depends, the T9 4 set looses its omph quite fast but if your low on crit then it is a nice boost for a while untill some upgrades come.

As for trinkets. i wouldnt bother with the greatness card now tbh.

yes its a great trinket, but costs alot for what i assume is an alt, the needle and something else is fine.

once you get the needle and provided you have enough passivly from gear, move to Arp gemming instead of agi (making the 4 set T9 even more of an upgrade for the added crit)

Hey, I looked up your talent tree and was wondering if dropping Improved leader of the pack to pick up Protector of the pack would benifit more your dps?

Thanks for all the help guys. I changed my spec around a bit and threw some crappy gems in the blues.
    I guess I'll get the t9 head for the expertise and the 245 shoulders an just use the t9 4pc until better options arrive.
    Thanks again!

EDIT: I guess this could have gone into Mihir's Fix my DPS thread... Sorry, I didnt even think aout that before I posted :S

Quote Originally Posted by Twix
    Hey, I looked up your talent tree and was wondering if dropping Improved leader of the pack to pick up Protector of the pack would benifit more your dps?
    Protector of the pack only affects bear form.

I would highly suggest http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...C9sh,yJr,11623 for max dps. You get +15% bite damage, and since the patch is increasing the mangle debuff to one minute, you don't need reduced mangle cost. If you feel that you REALLY need survival instincts, take a point from feral aggression, but if you're getting that low on HP that you need to cooldown, then healers are slacking anyways.

I see a handful of ferals dropping reduced mangle cost already before the patch, that 6 energy over 12 seconds doesn't seem to be that big. Also need to keep in mind if you already have a bear tank or an arms warrior, then you won't be mangling at all, so it further devalues improved mangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth
    I would highly suggest http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...C9sh,yJr,11623 for max dps. You get +15% bite damage, and since the patch is increasing the mangle debuff to one minute, you don't need reduced mangle cost. If you feel that you REALLY need survival instincts, take a point from feral aggression, but if you're getting that low on HP that you need to cooldown, then healers are slacking anyways.

I see a handful of ferals dropping reduced mangle cost already before the patch, that 6 energy over 12 seconds doesn't seem to be that big. Also need to keep in mind if you already have a bear tank or an arms warrior, then you won't be mangling at all, so it further devalues improved mangle.
    yeah after the patch ill be picking up the extra bite damage myself

i only raid 10 man content so im normally supplying mangle myself (as 95% of all warriors by ICC are fury..) but with the change coming, its gonna be awsome

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick
    Thanks for all the help guys. I changed my spec around a bit and threw some crappy gems in the blues.
    I guess I'll get the t9 head for the expertise and the 245 shoulders an just use the t9 4pc until better options arrive.
    Thanks again!

EDIT: I guess this could have gone into Mihir's Fix my DPS thread... Sorry, I didnt even think aout that before I posted :S
    On a side note: unless you plan to regularly get boosted in ICC with your druid once you get a minimum gear, try to save up all your Frosties for T10. While you will inevitably face some better upgrades as far as that specific slot goes, getting to 4xT10 asap is the best possible route for kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.