Page 1 of 3
LastLast

First 4 ICC 10 HM bosses

Hello. I have hard a hard time locating information on the hard mode versions for 10 man ICC first 4 bosses. Could anyone offer up some help? We killed LK last night in our 10s and will be starting these tomorrow.

Morrowgar:

How much damage per tick on bone storm?
    Are there more people spiked?
    Does the fire hit harder?
    Any new mechanics?

Lady Deathwhisperer:

Do both sides come at once (like in 25 normal)? Or is it the same amount of adds?
    Do the adds have more health?
    Does she empower more than one at a time?
    Do the ghosts explode for more damage?
    Any new mechanics?

Gunship:
    What changes here?

Saurfang:

Are there more adds (like in 25 man)?
    Do they have more health?
    Does the boss hit harder?
    Any new mechanics?

Thanks for any advice.
    This space for rent.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: First 4 ICC 10 HM bosses

I suspect that if you are actually in a guild that has managed to kill Arthas in regular you have the ability to read sticky posts. If not:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...l-mode-bosses/

tankspot.com is your friend.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

If it's your first week in ICC HM's I suggest skipping Deathwhisper.

Move on to VD, Rotface/Festergut, and Crimson Hall.

bone storm is 12k on cloth in melee range
    one man spiked at a time
    yes it does and it stays longer on the ground
    bone spike in p2

your main problem will be healing and freeing people who are bone spiked in p2

no, just like normal, same amount of adds
    yes they do
    no she doesnt, they do more dmg tho
    yes they explode for like 20k or less
    one add at a time spawns in p2 from the door/entrance

mage has 280k hp
    enemy rocket launchers do knockback

2 adds
    yes they do
    yes he does
    adds slow people in 20y by 80% and get shitloads of speed buff

oh and ps. DO NOT LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO SAY "SKIP DEATHWHISPER" its just a bunch of retards who are either undergeared or have no idea what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilia
    my question...how do you skip deathwhisper...? is there something different on HM where you dont have to kill her to take the portal up to the gunship ?
    maybe by doing her on normal mode? /facepalm

but i must agree: do not skip her in 10 man. she is a joke on "hardmode" and not really harder.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

We took a few attempts to get Marrowgar down due to dying when he spiked healers during bone storm, but one shot Deathwhisper on 10-man. If you're going to skip anything skip Saurfang and go get the loot pinatas like Rotface and Blood-Queen.

I guess I should have read the post more clearly. I was referring to 25 mans.

Yeah we already did full house the second week the instance was available. I don't foresee the additional add on Deathwhisperer being an issue in 10s. Thanks for all the feedback.

Gunship and BQ seem to be incredibly easy hard modes from what I am seeing posted.
    This space for rent.

i didnt ment to be rude(although we oneshot her in 25man) but every day i get tons of whispers about how hard deathwhisper is.

/ontopic - about saurfang hc 10man - do not skip it - yes you will wipe like 10 times or more(we did wipe like 6 times if i recall right) but it is doable. when you first pull it you`ll go like omg the marks are too early, he does too much dmg, cant kill adds - bop people with boiling blood, make sure your tanks do not pretaunt(although the timer is VERY strict sometimes there is a 0.5-1sec delay on the rune of blood). make sure you slow down the first mark as much as you can. spread. get a decent setup - not 1 range, not 1 melee - you need a balanced one. on healers side - we went with druid + paladin but they both have valnyr so i would suggest 3 healers, ofc it depends on your gear.

to sum up:

first 4 - easy
    plague wing - prof 2nd hardest, but doable
    crimson halls - cakewalk
    frostwing halls - cakewalk

arthas - pewpew

You one shot her on 25 man?

I find that extremely hard to believe considering Exodus couldn't even do that.

I'm beginning to think you're full of it.

**To clarify, I'm talking about LD Hardmode 25 man.**

Quote Originally Posted by Trims
    If it's your first week in ICC HM's I suggest skipping Deathwhisper.
    Why skipping? Will they magically be able to do the fight the second week without any practice from the first week?

Also in 10 she's not nearly as bad as in 25. One add spawns at the entrance, have a hunter MD it to a tank or a DK just death grip in it. Then avoid ghosts. We one shot it our first night in, it's nothing to be scared off.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05

first 4 - easy
    plague wing - prof 2nd hardest, but doable
    crimson halls - cakewalk
    frostwing halls - cakewalk

arthas - pewpew
    well first of all that depend on the setup. we had the biggest problem taking saurfang down, second biggest on Counsil, professor was 4 shoted, BQL 1 shot

Quote Originally Posted by Niea
    Why skipping? Will they magically be able to do the fight the second week without any practice from the first week?

Also in 10 she's not nearly as bad as in 25. One add spawns at the entrance, have a hunter MD it to a tank or a DK just death grip in it. Then avoid ghosts. We one shot it our first night in, it's nothing to be scared off.
    I was talking about 25 man. If you look at the amount of wipes it took Deus Vox (40+) to get LD down then you'll understand why guilds wouldn't mind skipping LD. There are 7 other easier HM's that you can gear up from and most likely down in week 1. Sure, practicing on LD is fine but that should probably come on the last day of the raid week no?

We got all hardmodes down in 25 except putricide and LK.

Our order was morowgar > gunship > saurfang (easy mode with 3 holy palas lol > rotface > festergut > blood princes > blood queen > lady deathwhisper which took about 1-1.5 full night of attempts, so lets say 15-20ish attempts > sindragosa

For lady my best tip would be to try her 5-10 times. If people are still failing on the ghosts (if the add part isnt your problem) just try one more time by just ppl avoiding them and running around like headless chickens and not doing anything else. We did that and got her down the next attempt.

Good luck!

The first 4 bosses in HM 10man were so easy that I actually had to double check that we had HM turned on...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

15+ Year Old Account

Stickies are your friends, indeed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...l-mode-bosses/

That said, there seems to be nice discussion on difficulty here, so leaving this open...

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    The first 4 bosses in HM 10man were so easy that I actually had to double check that we had HM turned on...
    While armory claims, you havent killed Deathbringer in hm yet. Guess you should triple check next time, since it seems hm wasnt turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trims
    Sure, practicing on LD is fine but that should probably come on the last day of the raid week no?
    No. Unless you want to spend the beginning of the week doing only Marrowgar...

We had/have lots of troubles on Marrowgar 10HM.
    Healers failed to heal, dps failed to dps spikes and all in all we all failed to avoid fires.

LD was oneshot on 10m gunship to (obiously) we had some tries on DBS, got it to 15% or so on the third/fourth try and then time was up.

But somehow, the pally/priest/shaman healers could not keep the raid up at marrowgar that was the real frustrating part.

Our second 10m HM group oneshot marrowgar/ld/ship and downed dbs on the 4th try or something.
    Restodruids ftw then (they have 2+shaman).

But i like the DBS fight, it is the fight normal mode should have been.