Holy pala in need of help.

A real quick and easy question(for most ;/)

Just lvled a paladin and went holy with him, starting up in icc10 already.
    What I need help with is to choose between http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50450 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49902

Basically it's about getting the haste or not, with the gear I have planned for next couple of weeks I'll be having ~900 haste or so, that being without the puresteel legs.
    Seeing as the price diffrence is 4k vs ~12k on my server I'd like to hear some thoughts, money isent really an issue but still.
    I only have ~260 mp5 atm, and that value wont go up much with the gear I have planned.

Re: Holy pala in need of help.

if you are planning to make pants, make this http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49891
    instead of those plates.

I did find those on top of some list, but it's cloth and it frightens me.
    Should I not be scared to use cloth when I can?
    and the question remains, get that extra haste from legs even tho I'll be having ~900 already?

Why would you be scared to use cloth?

If the tanks are doing their job, you shouldn't be getting hit.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfdor
    I did find those on top of some list, but it's cloth and it frightens me.
    Should I not be scared to use cloth when I can?
    and the question remains, get that extra haste from legs even tho I'll be having ~900 already?
    get the extra haste

Legs are tricky. There are a lot of okay choices and no really good ones. First off, there are no good 277 options. Second, whatever you get, do not get Crit/MP5.

If you follow these two rules there really is no “wrong” choice. In my opinion, if you’re going for every conceivable ounce of betterment to your character, you will make the crafted cloth legs. I told myself I would do this when prices of Saronite came down. They have. And I’m still wearing my TotGC Heroic Mail. The cloth legs are just so freaking ugly. I honestly don’t know what I’m going to do at this point. There’s a Heroic 10 ICC pair that’s probably 2nd best in slot. I’ll probably wait until I get those and then rationalize to myself that crafting the cloth ones aren’t worth it anymore. >.>
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    somewere between a hard place and a rock.

If you pug as holy I would stay in the plate category.... So much drama for a poor holy pally wearing cloth and leather. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49902. Stat wise Haste is more appealing than crit. Just looking at your stats if your haste is higher than 663 (I believe that's the soft haste cap) then I would go with the mp5 for mana regen.

I'm a healer. I replenish your lost health. If you are standing in fire, you are stupid. I can't heal stupid.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Amateurs built the Ark... Professionals built the Titanic."

Quote Originally Posted by Jahona
    Just looking at your stats if your haste is higher than 663 (I believe that's the soft haste cap) then I would go with the mp5 for mana regen.
    Haste cap is a myth for Int stacking, HL Pallies. Soft cap is only applicable to FoL builds.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I guess I'll try to make the cloth legs then, but I'm gonna have to check how they look on me first
    Since I have earthsoul boots I bet both plate and cloth will look bad

Those plate pants are a skirt and match T10 looks, so you won't see your boots and should look ok with the rest of your equip.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

I would not make cloth leggings. You can wear Plate..so I do. The lowest armor I'll wear is mail. Here's the way I look at it...sure, if the tank is doing their job you won't get hit. But we all know things go wrong and ICC has quite a bit of raid damage. I can't tell you how many times I've been the last healer alive because i can take more of a hit. And with that comes how many wipes I've saved, either finishing alone...or staying alive long enough till another healer is b-rezzed. Int, Haste, and SP is where I'd focus. And if your gonna make anything I'd make these http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49905 their itemization makes them about the best in slot, but that's just my opinion.

Haste, just haste. It makes so many fights lovely. The benefit of have an ungodly amount ammount of haste just far exceeds going for the mp5 unless your hurting for the 200 "ish" you need.

Also....

Concerning making ether the fugly legs over the plate pure steal, yes the cloth legs are better for the haste.

However... cata will be coming, not for another 8 months "in which you'll get ever bit of use of the fugly things" or more if blizz decides to push it back like they do for other projects. You'll loose some stats if you go with cloth when 4.0 comes out before the release date. The whole armor mastery shtick. Gotta love it... But then ether way you may or may not be replacing them right off the bat when you enter the first new raid or heroic. Your choice, good luck!