Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Highest HPS rotation for dreamwalker (restoshaman ofcourse ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by Kirderf
    Dunno how you're doing that boss. But in 10man (heroic) we had our holy paladin outside me and the discpriest used the portals (priest couldnt manage the raidhealing alone). I kept my earthshield on dreamwalker since our tanks had no use of it (paladin keeping them+raid topped w/o a problem) and I used Riptide > HWx3 > LHW > Repeat. That gave me a total amount of 19983 HPS (effective) and could most likely have done a better job stacking up buffs aswell. Now I did not try using Riptide > 3xHW > Repeat but I doubt I would actually get higher HPS than I already did. Guess I'll have to try it next week.
    Ofcourse you will have that high HPS with a disc priest in there which can't pull any compareable healing.
    It's basicly like doing it alone and in that case it's a job well done by you for pulling it off, but the HPS aint impressive.
    You should really consider having your priest either learning to play or speccing holy, having the paladin and you inside will give a better output - we use holy paladin, holy/disc priest and resto shaman (me), depending on what mood the priest is in he is either spec but it is surely doable as disc if you know how to play.

Oh and, you should not use lesser healing wave, waste of time

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Reinforced
    What a useful and informative post, so relevant to the topic.

You sir, win a cookie.
    My point being that dreamwalker is not really hard and that anyone with a decent brain can easily figure out how to perform well. It is not rocket science and if you played your class for more then 10h then it should not be a problem to figure out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    7+ as in stacks each time you enter?
    In that case, you're the one failing to not let other healers get stacks.
    Read all my post before you try QQ me group up in 2's plenty of orbs that way mate

Ofcourse you will have that high HPS with a disc priest in there which can't pull any compareable healing.
    It's basicly like doing it alone and in that case it's a job well done by you for pulling it off, but the HPS aint impressive.
    You should really consider having your priest either learning to play or speccing holy, having the paladin and you inside will give a better output - we use holy paladin, holy/disc priest and resto shaman (me), depending on what mood the priest is in he is either spec but it is surely doable as disc if you know how to play.

Oh and, you should not use lesser healing wave, waste of time
    Kind of what I thought aswell. But it was our first night. We started out by using the priest as holy but somehow the tanks too waaay to much dmg for him to heal up. So after three tries like this we decided to switch the priest for the paladin (the priest specced disc here for more effective single target healing) and we kill... healed her on the first try like this. Me staying at 19k+ and the priest at 16k. Guess we'll have another try next week to improve even though its needed O.O

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spongy
    Read all my post before you try QQ me group up in 2's plenty of orbs that way mate
    Silly me, I only read the first word..
    Honestly, do you really think anyone does that? Maybe it's just your bad english and lack of explanation that makes it hard to understand. And for the record, I'm not your mate

Silly me, I only read the first word..
    Honestly, do you really think anyone does that? Maybe it's just your bad english and lack of explanation that makes it hard to understand. And for the record, I'm not your mate
    Oh sorry for not adding in the 3/4 commars. You admited the fact you failed to read all my post and just assumed and then u act like a dick in retalition. Yeah nice work.
    I added a usefull point of teaming up inside, which works great for me, hey maybe even you to if you try. Clearly said that missing a portal is a big no no. "Aiming for 7+ each portal," well if you heal the fight and dont understand that god help us. No need to be rude.

Also i tend to read shorter to the point posts unless its a more complex issue not healing a simlpe fight.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spongy
    Oh sorry for not adding in the 3/4 commars. You admited the fact you failed to read all my post and just assumed and then u act like a dick in retalition. Yeah nice work.
    I added a usefull point of teaming up inside, which works great for me, hey maybe even you to if you try. Clearly said that missing a portal is a big no no. "Aiming for 7+ each portal," well if you heal the fight and dont understand that god help us. No need to be rude.

Also i tend to read shorter to the point posts unless its a more complex issue not healing a simlpe fight.
    Yeah, sarcasm is hard to get, I know.

Where is "Aiming for 7+ each portal" helpful to anyone? I'm fairly sure no one is doing that encounter if they don't know how many stacks to get which by the way is 5 ~ and not 7+ unless you use a tactic like you do which I doubt many does, and don't get me wrong, it's fine if your raid failed outside and had to make the fight faster but I don't believe in carrying a whole raid and depending on random factors such as portal spawn places.
    But at the end of the day, if you feel your advice were so helpful that you should be awarded for it (which you surely make it sound like), I'll let you have that 1 minute of fame, fake ego +1.

Where is "Aiming for 7+ each portal" helpful to anyone? I'm fairly sure no one is doing that encounter if they don't know how many stacks to get which by the way is 5 ~ and not 7+ unless you use a tactic like you do which I doubt many does, and don't get me wrong, it's fine if your raid failed outside and had to make the fight faster but I don't believe in carrying a whole raid and depending on random factors such as portal spawn places.
    But at the end of the day, if you feel your advice were so helpful that you should be awarded for it (which you surely make it sound like), I'll let you have that 1 minutes of fame, fake ego +1.
    Women sure can make you feel bad. Like when it goes to fast and they ask "is that all?"

But at the end of the day, if you feel your advice were so helpful that you should be awarded for it (which you surely make it sound like), I'll let you have that 1 minutes of fame, fake ego +1.
    Ah ok so the fact i maximize my HPS and dont just ninja orbs i group up in 2's. The portal spawn places dont matter, get to one before you can enter it. But yeah sorry for posting in a topic about "Highest HPS rotation for dreamwalker" and saying that if you go in groups of 2 you can easily get 7 stacks. KK thanks bye no more input here.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh spawn places doesn't matter? So if there are 2 portals more than 5 yards apart (which is the case 99% of the time), you're saying it doesn't matter that you loose time on getting together, then taking orbs? Your story have flaws, and doesn't make sense so ofcourse I will question it, atleast make it valid next time you post.

Oh spawn places doesn't matter? So if there are 2 portals more than 5 yards apart (which is the case 99% of the time), you're saying it doesn't matter that you loose time on getting together, then taking orbs? Your story have flaws, and doesn't make sense so ofcourse I will question it, atleast make it valid next time you post.
    No silly you try and group up when inside your never normally more than 10 yards away from each other. You take your first 1 to refresh it then look around whos near move to them or wait at a orb for 2/3 seconds not hard.

15+ Year Old Account

No, ofcourse it's not hard apart from the fact that it is not like that most of the time, there is also the fact that it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearroc
    Depends on your totem.
    If you have the frost badge one Riptide then HWx3 and repeat. If you have the trimp badge one Riptide HWx2 Chain heal HWx2.
    At this point in the 3.3 patch, everyone should be running the Frost Badge totem. The optimal rotation is Rt-->HWx3-->RT-->HWx3. You should pop all of your CD's on the pull (Berzerking, TF, NS), take three portal sets, then BL. At this point all of your CD's should be back up.

Doing this properly should give you an effective HPS around 22-35k. Don't worry about going OOM-- I blow almost all of my mana before the first portals even spawn and I'm at full again as soon as I come out of the portals.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23323
    At this point in the 3.3 patch, everyone should be running the Frost Badge totem. The optimal rotation is Rt-->HWx3-->RT-->HWx3. You should pop all of your CD's on the pull (Berzerking, TF, NS), take three portal sets, then BL. At this point all of your CD's should be back up.

Doing this properly should give you an effective HPS around 22-35k. Don't worry about going OOM-- I blow almost all of my mana before the first portals even spawn and I'm at full again as soon as I come out of the portals.
    Yeh fair enough at this point people should have it. But many still wont. Not everyone has the time to play the game to have worked for the badges.
    The point is, depending on your totem there are 2 viable healing strats. The rest are nowhere near as good.

Did you ever thought about a "rotation" at VD is based on the personal hasterating ? I can only tell you i have enough situations where i spam just HW and there are also moments CH will give better HPS. Ive not seen a single math for RT-3xHW. Neigther did i saw any further informations to the personal conditions. 90% no matter where, post in a stlye like this "i did 35k HPS, my rotation must be best", the other 90% think "ohh he did 35k HPS, this must be the best". eh what ?

A lot of people reach hasteratings beyond 2000 with potions or 1500+ together with proper CD´s like power infusion, berserking, engineerenchant. You can drop your casttime of HW to ~1.1sec. RT has a casttimebudget of 1sec. So i would need more then 10 HW before RT will be usefull. And I didnt took the high AA procs into account in terms of HPS.
    What i want to say is, math your own casttimes, try to do a rotation with CD´s and potions, as ACE already mentioned. Think about the usefulness of RT or CH in every situation. Dont fall in a fix rotation, just because people A said rotation X is the best for him. And then you choose your relict. No doubt it is adviseable to start with a RT, especially when youre moving next to the new spawn point.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gunja
    Did you ever thought about a "rotation" at VD is based on the personal hasterating ?
    Ofcourse it will take the haste rating into account when we are raiding 251+ content, your haste should be at minimum 1100 if you just have a slight clue about how to gear and gem. Ofcourse Healing Wave + Riptide is gonna be best. I really don't get how you can come to the conclusion that a heal with more cast time and less healing output is better to use but congratulations, if you have the brain for that thought you must be a special boy.
    I forgot, this boss is serious business >.<

Ofcourse it will take the haste rating into account when we are raiding 251+ content, your haste should be at minimum 1100 if you just have a slight clue about how to gear and gem. Ofcourse Healing Wave + Riptide is gonna be best. I really don't get how you can come to the conclusion that a heal with more cast time and less healing output is better to use but congratulations, if you have the brain for that thought you must be a special boy.
    I forgot, this boss is serious business >.<
    seriously, haven't seen a dick like you for some time...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by frester
    seriously, haven't seen a dick like you for some time...
    Seriously, I see people like you every day and that's more than enough.

Deleted

Enough of this crap. You two want to agrue, thats fine. Don't bother doing it on the forums.
    Also the question has been answered.