Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Minor idea on how to buff Beast Mastery in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Lyeno
    I would like to see BM get a shot like the other specs. MM has chimera. SV has explosive.
    Mabey a shot the deals moderate damage but increases the damage dealt by your pet deals to that target by a certain amount.. like 10% or so
    Well, I rather have a pet ability which we use in a rotation, a pet ability which is on our global cooldown.

But this topic ain't about different ideas on how to buff BM, it's about the idea I suggested here. So once again, stay on topic.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Invigoration for the other two specs would be too good.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Invigoration for the other two specs would be too good.
    As I previously said; survival pretty much can't pick it up, and marksman don't need it if they raid with a paladin who are using Judgement of Wisdom.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    As I previously said; survival pretty much can't pick it up, and marksman don't need it if they raid with a paladin who are using Judgement of Wisdom.
    It could easily replace rapid recuperation, and would be WAY more reliable than a paladin, since the pet will always be attacking as opposed to the paladin who's on a different target or is holy and so not using judgements often enough.

I'm more concerned that blizzard would view it as too good in PvP, although it remains to be seen where focus takes us.

10+ Year Old Account

It could easily replace rapid recuperation, and would be WAY more reliable than a paladin, since the pet will always be attacking as opposed to the paladin who's on a different target or is holy and so not using judgements often enough.

I'm more concerned that blizzard would view it as too good in PvP, although it remains to be seen where focus takes us.
    Well, so would I actually. But currently when I raid, I'm never, ever, EVER oom as marksman. I'd only need Invigoration when I don't have any paladin with me. And we shouldn't have to be that dependant on another class, don't you think?
    Vol'jin fanboy

OT
    At the same time, we are a pure DPS class. While paladins have a tree for each role, we only have DPS/DPS/DPS. Therefore, if one tree is lacking, we are shit/DPS/DPS, or in the case of 264+ hunters, shit/DPS/shit, which is REALLY fail. Tunnelling EVERY hunter in the ENTIRE game to one tree is boring and extremely unprofessional. They may as well pick our talents for us.

Edit:
    For comparison:
    Remember lolret? People laughed at any paladin who was ret in the past. Well, now hunters are becoming
    lolret/marksman/lolret. Maybe you can see the effect.
    I think it more like
    doesn't exist/marksman/survival
    since BM does nothing in a raid compared to the other two, and survival do work even in high lvl gear.

Back to topic I think that someone said a special attack for the pet on our GD would be an awesome thing maybe replace or edit the 51 talent to something like this:
    You master the art of Beast training, teaching you the ability to tame exotic pets and increasing your pet talents by 4. Also gives you the ability to give your pet an attack to deal X to Y dmg and increasing the dmg by you and the pet by X% or increasing the health on you and the pet by X% or (I don't know what the cunning pet should do) depending on what kind of pet you use.

OT again ^^ Dual pet would be fun to ^^ but maybe reduce the dmg caused by them by 30 or something %. I don't think that this will ever be in the game but it's a very fun idea, I'm not the first with this I think about this I guess :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwisp
    OT I think it more like
    doesn't exist/marksman/survival
    since BM does nothing in a raid compared to the other two, and survival do work even in high lvl gear.

Back to topic I think that someone said a special attack for the pet on our GD would be an awesome thing maybe replace or edit the 51 talent to something like this:
    You master the art of Beast training, teaching you the ability to tame exotic pets and increasing your pet talents by 4. Also gives you the ability to give your pet an attack to deal X to Y dmg and increasing the dmg by you and the pet by X% or increasing the health on you and the pet by X% or (I don't know what the cunning pet should do) depending on what kind of pet you use.

OT again ^^ Dual pet would be fun to ^^ but maybe reduce the dmg caused by them by 30 or something %. I don't think that this will ever be in the game but it's a very fun idea, I'm not the first with this I think about this I guess :P
    BM = SV in 3.3.3, and MM is way ahead of both. Therefore, if you argue BM is bad, you're forced to agree that SV is also bad.

BM = SV in 3.3.3, and MM is way ahead of both. Therefore, if you argue BM is bad, you're forced to agree that SV is also bad.
    What have I missed in the patch notes that makes BM equal with survival?

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick
    Not every spec should be good at DPS. BM may be nowhere near surv or MM in DPS, and it shouldn't be.
    I dont get this reasoning. A hunter is a pure dps class, why shouldn't all specs be viable.

EDIT: Misread your class.

Look at warlocks, they have three viable specs. Is there something wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwisp
    What have I missed in the patch notes that makes BM equal with survival?
    Not too much, except that BM has never been as bad as it is stereotyped, assuming you're doing it right (most BM hunters I see are the fail ones with 71 points into it and a spirit beast)

Hunters hit hard cap armor pen again, and it benefits BM more than SV. In 3.3.3, they're boosting steady shot damage by 9%, which closes the gap more.

I would be fine with the current setup if Invigoration was more effective with pets that are actually used for raiding. Most hunters use a wolf, which has only one special ability that crits, resulting in very little mana gained from it.

Either way, mana management for hunters is kinda messy at this point, and they probably won't bother when cata will change hunters to focus anyway.

There are a lot of good and bad ideas being thrown about, but lets be honest.

Blizz will be doing nothing with BM as Cat is due. They are not going to waste their time when Invigor is a talent that is going to be dropped.

Who knows? maybe BM will be the spec of choice what 4.0 hits. There is a possibility that BM might get a talent to increase your focus re-gen rate, or if we are focus starved it will not effect our pets so pet damage becomes over 60% of our damage ?

WTB crystal ball. But as they don't exist, and Blizz will do nothing but "tweak" trees. Any and all suggestions to them atm will fall on deaf ears.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    I would be fine with the current setup if Invigoration was more effective with pets that are actually used for raiding. Most hunters use a wolf, which has only one special ability that crits, resulting in very little mana gained from it.
    For BM, you should use the Devilsaur anyway.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bedhead
    There are a lot of good and bad ideas being thrown about, but lets be honest.

Blizz will be doing nothing with BM as Cat is due. They are not going to waste their time when Invigor is a talent that is going to be dropped.

Who knows? maybe BM will be the spec of choice what 4.0 hits. There is a possibility that BM might get a talent to increase your focus re-gen rate, or if we are focus starved it will not effect our pets so pet damage becomes over 60% of our damage ?

WTB crystal ball. But as they don't exist, and Blizz will do nothing but "tweak" trees. Any and all suggestions to them atm will fall on deaf ears.
    i think blizz allready said that the focus re-gen rate will be put into marksman as a mastery bonus thing

10+ Year Old Account

As someone said, the dual pets would be pro, and do what they did with Titan's Grip, 2 at once and 10% dmg reduction

I think that the best way to buff BM hunters at this point (ie without a major overhaul) would be a buff/redesign to aspect of the Beast to make it something that can give BM a boost and make it deep BM 1 point talent

Aspect of the Beast
    Gives Pet 10% AP boost and Hunter 10-15% ranged Ap boost (making it equal or slightly greater than dragonhawk) In addition auto/steady/aimed shot crits have a chance to give the hunter and pet get the scent of blood increasing damage done by 10% for 10 seconds

Numbers may need to be tweaked slightly but since nobody else uses AotB it seems like a reasonable place to put a BM talent.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa
    I think that the best way to buff BM hunters at this point (ie without a major overhaul) would be a buff/redesign to aspect of the Beast to make it something that can give BM a boost and make it deep BM 1 point talent

Aspect of the Beast
    Gives Pet 10% AP boost and Hunter 10-15% ranged Ap boost (making it equal or slightly greater than dragonhawk) In addition auto/steady/aimed shot crits have a chance to give the hunter and pet get the scent of blood increasing damage done by 10% for 10 seconds

Numbers may need to be tweaked slightly but since nobody else uses AotB it seems like a reasonable place to put a BM talent.
    As I already said, this thread is not about different ideas to buff BM. It's about the idea I suggested.

And your idea is way too strong and a bit boring. :P
    Vol'jin fanboy

They already said they won't be turning AotB into a BM speciality to fix their issues. They also won't give out such simple buffs because of BM doing so well in arena.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    They already said they won't be turning AotB into a BM speciality to fix their issues. They also won't give out such simple buffs because of BM doing so well in arena.
    Yepp, buffing AotB to something like that have been suggested more than 1000 times, literally.

Hmm, BM doing well in arenas? I only know about beastcleave actually; what have I missed?
    Vol'jin fanboy