Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Patch 3.3.3 - PTR Notes Update, Blue posts

With SoC running every attack I do is AOE.
    Consecration, as has been stated many times, is not the be all and end all of paladin tanking and I don't really care what the opinion was way back when and I had to play healer as every other spec was broken.

So they have a class that is performing as it is supposed to - and it's over powered. That's the kind of backward thinking we have to expect from Blizzard as they can't seem to develop or design content like they used too. They won't design bosses for specific tanking classes yet they don't want to get rid of 4 tanks and have 1 yet they don't like tanks to have different abilities. oooooooo lets go back to the times when developers specifically wanted Warriors to be MT's as has been publicly stated - good times!

So the games moved on - I have no problem with that and I love current content. What annoys me is that whole raid instances are geared to favour Paladins ie DUH mobs - the qq starts and we get bashed - that's pathetic.

There is no such thing as "too good". I ran HC SH on my lock with my warrior mate many times and he was excellent - i also attempted it with fail pallies - it's all relative.

Having an "almost 80" - sorry but your opinion counts for very little due to your lack of experience - I got a lvl 1 <insert whatever your main spec is> and it's overpowered and needs to be nerfed - everyone says so.

If Paladin's were the main tank's of choice in all WF guilds then I would agree there are changes that need to be made. They ain't so there isn't. We already lost 2K HP recently.

Yes, it's funny to hear how Blizzard doesn't want any encounter/raid to require specific classes, but unless you have just one kind of tank, there is always going to be certain fights that favor certain classes, this will ALWAYS be the case. And that's why we all have different classes, because we all don't want to tank like a Warrior, or DPS like a Rogue, and I do love the content that is out now and I can't wait for 3.3.3 (DW Frost since my guild has no Enhance Shaman main). What everyone needs to realize is that there will always be a difference in tanks, and that doesn't mean one is better then the other all of the time, but there should be instances in which one tank is preferred but not a need (i.e. if the pally tank doesn't show up we can't kill this boss). The same goes for dps and heals, there are raid healers, tank healers and those who can do both ok. We each have our role and that's how we want it, I just hope Blizzard doesn't make it so that every class has the same skills or similar skills, being unique but working well as a unit is the best part of the game. I do wonder when they take away Heroism/Bloodlust what they will give Ele/Enh shamans though, because what they bring to the table is brought by other classes that usually do better dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenray
    Yes, it's funny to hear how Blizzard doesn't want any encounter/raid to require specific classes, but unless you have just one kind of tank, there is always going to be certain fights that favor certain classes, this will ALWAYS be the case. And that's why we all have different classes, because we all don't want to tank like a Warrior, or DPS like a Rogue, and I do love the content that is out now and I can't wait for 3.3.3 (DW Frost since my guild has no Enhance Shaman main). What everyone needs to realize is that there will always be a difference in tanks, and that doesn't mean one is better then the other all of the time, but there should be instances in which one tank is preferred but not a need (i.e. if the pally tank doesn't show up we can't kill this boss). The same goes for dps and heals, there are raid healers, tank healers and those who can do both ok. We each have our role and that's how we want it, I just hope Blizzard doesn't make it so that every class has the same skills or similar skills, being unique but working well as a unit is the best part of the game. I do wonder when they take away Heroism/Bloodlust what they will give Ele/Enh shamans though, because what they bring to the table is brought by other classes that usually do better dps.
    ^This

If you want to get rid of Emblems fast, play more than 1 lvl 80. All my emblems were spend on gems for their gear.

BQL changes were really needed. Good thing they spend time on that. Because standing still for 1 second is really hard and was a real problem in that fight.

If it wasn't as it is supposed to be then it would have been changed a long time ago.

All 4 tanks are viable to tank every boss - building threat on a single target is not an issue. Blizzard, and you, appear to be complaining about tanking trash - not really the reason we're in a raid in the first place. TOC has no trash and there was more crying than i've ever seen.

How does undead mobs NOT make it automatically favour pallies? we have specific spells FOR undead. Had the same QQ in Naxx - pissed me off then as well. We've had over a year of Wrath - how is it "becoming" ridiculous? So we can tank trash slightly better than the other tanks - WOW!

I've found fail EVERYTHING. The biggest reason my Pally is my main is I can have some control over an instance and not waste everyones time being shit.

Lucky you found 1 of the 2 or 3 people on your server that persevered in BC to try and tank as a pally because it was broken for a very long time. The only time we came into our own was MH tanking the waves. And even then our guild wouldn't let a pally tank as they were "crap and get back to healing".
    So due to pallies having good AOE threat - they are due a nerf?

No they are not. This is all knee jerk reaction to Blizzard providing packs of mobs that CAN be AOE'd. I've gone into ICC on one of my other chars with druid's, warriors and DK's tanking and we get through the content with the same ease when we run with pallies. If Blizzard actually created trash that required CC then this would be a non issue.
    Stop blaming lack of design ability by Blizzard on 1 class that can do the job they were designed to do better than another class that also has crap AOE abilities. Fix the crap AOE abilities or provide trash that needs to be CC'd.

WF guild don't have pallies as MT's as they are not needed. your opinion that if they are needed they have one in backup proves the point. They are again excelling at trash clearance but not used to MT.

Nerf our AOE abilities and they will likely break the class again. We are not anywhere near the same situation as DK tanks were. At the moment we are in a great place in the game. Every tank can tank every boss. It really is bring the player not the class and they want to screw with us again.

2K HP loss - is 2K HP loss. Whether you think that is significant is beside the point. The fact we got an HP loss in the first place is the concern. It did nothing to alter the balance in the game whatsoever. All it did was pander to the Warriors who were once again qqing.

We want to see how the Unholy Blight change plays out. We realize it offers more PvP viability for Unholy than the other two specs, though to be fair, Unholy was already a lot more common in PvP.
    quoting Ghostcrawler, and pls correct me if this isn't warrented

IS it just me or does that sentence make no sence at all?

transcription: 'Because Unholy is already more common in pvp (because it is a spec with all the answers) we felt we had to encourage Deathknights to always pick Unholy and buff unholy because well, we make the other two trees for show realy, because we can't really make a class with one talent tree even though we want players of that class to only ever play one talent tree'

crude, granted ,but personally I'm fed up with oen spec outperforming all in pvp and pve dps and ow did i mention even tanking , eventhough it's blood there ?

I really love how GC has started peppering his posts with supposed personal game experience to try and dispel the perception of utter real-play cluelessness that understandably arises from reading most of what he writes. Not that I believe a word of it, of course, but the potential for a Kalgan "Rockin' that weapon" moment is making every GC post a chance at a true /popcorn event.

When it comes, and you can bet it will, it'll be probably the most, if not the only, entertaining thing he's done for the game since getting hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Great4fish
    quoting Ghostcrawler, and pls correct me if this isn't warrented

IS it just me or does that sentence make no sence at all?

transcription: 'Because Unholy is already more common in pvp (because it is a spec with all the answers) we felt we had to encourage Deathknights to always pick Unholy and buff unholy because well, we make the other two trees for show realy, because we can't really make a class with one talent tree even though we want players of that class to only ever play one talent tree'

crude, granted ,but personally I'm fed up with oen spec outperforming all in pvp and pve dps and ow did i mention even tanking , eventhough it's blood there ?
    From a Moonkin PoV, what in the name of all that is logical and sane are you complaining about? ??? You've got it made brother, be grateful you have a chance at surviving in anyway in pvp, let alone the ability to do ANYTHING without being locked down by cc and beaten like the purple horned HK pinata that you are, and then when you ask for a helping hand you get a buff to starfall (yay pve dps buff) and then told to respec feral.

*Points to signature below*

:P

My issue with Blizzard is that they keep saying they don't want to homogenize tanks yet they want to nerf the most unique thing about tankadins(AE tanking) so we are just like the other three tanking classes.

Quote Originally Posted by rokkit
    My issue with Blizzard is that they keep saying they don't want to homogenize tanks yet they want to nerf the most unique thing about tankadins(AE tanking) so we are just like the other three tanking classes.
    As was stated earlier in this thread Paladins have not had a niche of AE tanking this entire expansion. AoE tanking on Paladin has been really easy this expansion compared to the other tank classes. I'm not saying the other classes have a hard time at it, I'm just saying that it is much easier for a Paladin. The 3.2.2 patch introduced the Cleave mechanic to Seal of Command. On my Paladin I went from having an easy time of AoE tanking to having an insanely easy time and also bumping up my DPS by 1000 on trash packs.

I imagine the SoC change was intended to help out Ret Pallies on their AoE but had the unintended side effect of buffing Prot Pallies DPS and threat output by a silly amount. They haven't announced their intended changes but if it were me I'd make SoC only usable while wielding a 2HD weapon and also change Hammer of the Righteous to only apply the seal to the main target. This would most likely bring the TPS on trash packs to a more even level across all tanks.

15+ Year Old Account

Holy 4pc. Woo!

GO Nerf palys ! they deserved the nerf. Make them useless like in the vanilla wow. I'm tired of blood elf anyways... oh wait, there's other class for BE ?

ok if no boa emblems, at least make gold account wide. we can already mail it to each other, making one account gold pool wouldnt break anything
    A fool and his money are soon parted, but not nearly as fast as a nerd and his tears.

Quote Originally Posted by magik8ball
    We already got our troll raid. It's called the forums.

I think the scary thing here is how just mind-numbingly stupid Ghostcrawlers responses to some of the tanking questions are. Honestly, calling the old shield block a "minor survivability skill". Saying that DPS stats on tanking gear are more desireable for tanks rather then for healers? Saying the new shield block is more interesting to use compared to the other one?

Like what game are these people desgining?

I agree with the fact that GC is blowing some smoke,he always has and I doubt this will ever change. I'm glad to see the new tank changes but I disagree with people calling for pally AOE nerfs or those that complain about pallys having an easier time in Icecrown. Of course they have an easier time,deal with it.

death knight pets help some in dpsing and pvp