High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

SPriest EP/SP Values?

Greetings all,

This is my first venture into the Priest forums. I'm usually lurking the Rogue forums, but I could use some assistance. I'm helping a SPriest in my raid team get a better feel for raiding, gearing, so on and so forth. I'm trying to find something for her that will work like the Rogue Spreadsheets from EJ. Something that will take her gear and give me the stat EP (or is it SP for priests) that I can pump into lootrank.com to help her with gear planning.

We've gone over the Shadow 101 thread and tried using the EP/SP values it gave... but it has Hit=1.88. She's already at 274 pre raid buffs, so I don't think she needs to value hit 88% higher then Spell Power. I also ran the SimCraft app today, and it really gave some great information on where she should be... but nothing about the stat values relative to SP=1. I have not tried RAWR yet, mostly cause there is (as far as I know) no one updating it for Rogues so I just ignore it. We can continue to use the general guide values from EJ or the sticky here... but I'd rather see EP values based on her gear, not just a general number.

This is the link to lootrank.com based off the numbers from EJ
    http://www.guildox.com/wr.asp?Cla=16...i2=0&i3=0&i9=0

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Keep Calm and Chive On!

Re: SPriest EP/SP Values?

For Spriest PP(Psuedo-Power, what we call EP), the best thing would be to simcraft the armory, while having it analyze Spi, Int, Crit, Haste, SP, and Hit. The normalized values(PP) are the ones you should use when using lootrank. Casters also favor hit until the hard cap for spells, which means if they are under the hit cap, that even gemming for it will be a larger dps increase than SP. The only time when not to gem for it is when you're just under(or above) the cap, in which you'll waste valuable itemization on hit.

I also suggest going through shadowpriest.com, because it is a better place for spriest than EJ.

Than, also supplying an armory of the spriest in question could also help.

Simcraft will give you EP values, but you have to tell it to. Options -> Scaling -> analyze Spellpower/Haste/Crit/Spirit/Int.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the replies.

I was not aware you had to tell SimCraft to analyze the PP values. I'll change that and re run it.

I'd link her, but it's not my toon and I don't want to call her out like that. She's already been reading through shadowpriest.com, so I'm not sure why some of this was still new territory for her. I just turned her on to this forum too for the sticky, so hopefully that'll help.
    Keep Calm and Chive On!