Thread: Why do I Suck?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Why do I Suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadins
    why do i need a boot enchant? the only one slightly useful to me is a run speed boost? and that has nothing to do with dps? I've look through enchantments many times to find str/ap boosts and there arne't very many that can be applied to the gear. why would i pay money for a chest enchant when all there is is SP/IN/STAM/DEF?
    So when people tell you what is wrong, you try to argue against them. Your attitude is a major problem, if you aren't willing to increase your dps by spending your precious gold, then don't complain when your DPS is still low.

Also, get these glyphs:

Death Strike
    Disease
    Dancing Rune Weapon.

Change Obliterate to Death Strike in your rotation. I haven't looked at your spec, but I will edit in later.

Also I forgot to add, make sure you are using max rank of all spells and abilitys. i dont know if it was fixed or not but there was a bug with dual spec that if you learned any higher rank spell/ability it wasnt automatically changeing them on your bars. So I would check that, I just found out recently I had been using the wrong level of most of the spells while helping my wife level her paladin.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quick example of why movement speed is good:

if you do 100 dps in a standstill fight then in a fight where you HAVE to move for 10% of the time you would do 90 dps. the movement speed enchant would reduce the time spent moving by 8% totaling the movement done in the fight to 9.2% of the time resulting in a .8 dps gain. if, for example, you do 5k dps, the speed enchant would have been a 40 dps gain while 32 ap is about a 2.3 dps gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Regarding the run-speed enchant for boots, never underestimate how nice it is to:

Get out of fires 8% faster.

Get to adds 8% faster.

Get back to the boss 8% faster.

As other folks have mentioned, fix your gems. Stam in your belt, no belt buckle, overcapped hit. Just kinda ick.

As for your build, that USED to be a good build back when LK was fresh. It kept your diseases up and gave you huge hits on Obliterate. Since they buffed DS though it's not so hot and you'll be using most of your blood/death runes to be cranking out heart strikes as fast as you can.

Fix your spec and your rotation and get the Beheader from Pit of Saron and I would say you'll pop to close to 4k pretty quickly.

And no, you won't be pulling anywhere near 6k dps in that gear even if you enchant it properly and fix your spec.
    Haha i know i was exaggerating for effect. Also, that explanation for the speed increase is very helpful, thank you.

You suck because you leave gear unenchanted and incorrectly gemmed, have worthless professions and use a spec that noone who knows what they're doing has used since t7.

If you had even pretended to take your character seriously you wouldn't be asking for help here when there are so many things that are still obviously wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PtrPipr
    Ur a dk?

Oh yea and judging by your posts you did almost no research into your class or enchants or gems.
    I am a DK and I do very well thank you.

Your problem is your rotation. Sure, your gemming is not very good and that needs to be fixed (along with glyphs... and enchants... and your sigil), but as a blood dk you should not be using Obliterate, period, ever. Use the basic rotation of IT-PS-HS-HS-DS-Rune Dump-DS-HS-HS-HS-HS. Use empower rune weapon right before your DRW for extra damage and try to line up your procs/bufs. You probably are just not executing your rotation (priority system) very well.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ma+Axiom+Guild

Something to look at. I would instead get the 21 crit/3%increased crit dmg meta. Change your talents, re-gem, re-glyph and that should be a major improvement to your overall DPS.

why do i need a boot enchant? the only one slightly useful to me is a run speed boost? and that has nothing to do with dps? I've look through enchantments many times to find str/ap boosts and there arne't very many that can be applied to the gear. why would i pay money for a chest enchant when all there is is SP/IN/STAM/DEF?

This statement right here shows why you suck.

You obviously didn't do enough searching otherwise you'd know basic things like the melee hit cap and proper gemming like full str and a relentless earthsiege diamond.

You didn't research chest enchant enough to find +8 stats or + 10 stats which is still another 20 ap + stamina and some crit

No shoulder or head enchant which is more crit and AP

Couldn't be bothered to research glyphs or go with a tried and true cookie cutter spec instead "simmed" your own which i highly doubt because anyone smart enough to try simming themselves wouldn't have made the above rookie mistakes.

Frankly i think your a troll, if not your a severely misinformed player. Either way take the advice that's been given to you in this thread and go read up on DK's on EJ

EDIT: your sigils crap too

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraxiel
    So when people tell you what is wrong, you try to argue against them. Your attitude is a major problem, if you aren't willing to increase your dps by spending your precious gold, then don't complain when your DPS is still low.

Also, get these glyphs:

Death Strike
    Disease
    Dancing Rune Weapon.

Change Obliterate to Death Strike in your rotation. I haven't looked at your spec, but I will edit in later.
    I was asking a question on why? I had looked for enchants (i use the addon Elitist Goup and it told me to enchant) As far as i saw the enchants that where useful, where not SO useful that it would account for a 2k dps drop. That question was answered, and i appreciated that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781
    I am a DK and I do very well thank you.

Your problem is your rotation. Sure, your gemming is not very good and that needs to be fixed (along with glyphs... and enchants... and your sigil), but as a blood dk you should not be using Obliterate, period, ever. Use the basic rotation of IT-PS-HS-HS-DS-Rune Dump-DS-HS-HS-HS-HS. Use empower rune weapon right before your DRW for extra damage and try to line up your procs/bufs. You probably are just not executing your rotation (priority system) very well.
    Sorry I should have clarified. Ur part of the majority of dk's. Because I'm sure even you can admit that the vast majority suck horribly.

I was asking a question on why? I had looked for enchants (i use the addon Elitist Goup and it told me to enchant) As far as i saw the enchants that where useful, where not SO useful that it would account for a 2k dps drop. That question was answered, and i appreciated that.
    Your original question " why do i suck" has been answered repeatedly already. Numerous flaws in gemming/enchanting/glyphing/speccing have been pointed out

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2189

This statement right here shows why you suck.

You obviously didn't do enough searching otherwise you'd know basic things like the melee hit cap and proper gemming like full str and a relentless earthsiege diamond.

You didn't research chest enchant enough to find +8 stats or + 10 stats which is still another 20 ap + stamina and some crit

No shoulder or head enchant which is more crit and AP

Couldn't be bothered to research glyphs or go with a tried and true cookie cutter spec instead "simmed" your own which i highly doubt because anyone smart enough to try simming themselves wouldn't have made the above rookie mistakes.

Frankly i think your a troll, if not your a severely misinformed player. Either way take the advice that's been given to you in this thread and go read up on DK's on EJ

EDIT: your sigils crap too
    I find the comments that i did not do research discomforting, I had done research, and wasnt happy, so i did more research. The problem is, some people give BAD advice, and i took some bad advice (from somone on these forums regarding the OB spec) I ran THOSE specs through the sim, saw the mathmatical diffrence, and logic told me to trust the numbers. If infact those numbers are as scewed as people have said on this post, then yes i was missinformed. I do alot of research, and some of the advice i take is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraxiel

Also, get these glyphs:

Death Strike
    Disease
    Dancing Rune Weapon.

i'll say it again,

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Eboreus
    dont use glyph of pest.

it trades IT+PS+HS for DS+Pest or 2HS+Pest

in a sense, IT+PS+HS>2HS>DS
    dont glyph pest (Glyph of Disease)

I find the comments that i did not do research discomforting, I had done research, and wasnt happy, so i did more research. The problem is, some people give BAD advice, and i took some bad advice (from somone on these forums regarding the OB spec) I ran THOSE specs through the sim, saw the mathmatical diffrence, and logic told me to trust the numbers. If infact those numbers are as scewed as people have said on this post, then yes i was missinformed. I do alot of research, and some of the advice i take is bad.
    Take anything seen on these forums with a grain of salt.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/ Has all the information you will ever need on how to gem/gear/spec/glyph for every class/spec in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably farming Leather to fund my mount habit

Why you don't suck is that your asking for advice.

Lest we forget folks... Its what seperates the "will be good" from the "permamently sucky"
    Proud member of the "Who cares about no beta, Cataclysm's out now" club.

10+ Year Old Account

Apologies, that must have been said whilst I was replying, but still, everything else applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2189
    Your original question " why do i suck" has been answered repeatedly already. Numerous flaws in gemming/enchanting/glyphing/speccing have been pointed out

agreed, I am home now, and can try out this advise!

You suck cos your gear, spec and rotation suck. They suck because you suck and thus you suck more due to sucking. I'd give you a lollipop but that would cause you to suck more and then you'd end up worse than a crackwhore working the streets.

Drop hit to 8% get expertise capped (26) and go unholy since it's better than blood with the gear you have access to. But most of all go to the elitist jerks forums and read up on stuff and learn to play.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/
    STFU and kill shit.

Your rotation isn't that good. I'd go with the cookie-cutter. GET ENCHANTS.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Its been proven that a speed enchant on boots will up your DPS on fights that require some movement, which is most if not all of ICC and ToC, more than Icewalker will, even if you are under the hit cap..which you definetly arent.

If you need to travel X distance X amount of times, Speed chant will grant more dps. Fights like Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, Faction Champs, N Beasts, etc etc. Do some research : )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us