Enhance shaman expertise question

Hi there - first post. Go easy on me please

Got a bit confused by this to be honest. Was looking at it yesterday when simming some new gear options and saw this online.

"26 Expertise on character sheet is 6.50% dodge reduction this means your attacks cannot be dodged. At level 80, that means you need 140 Expertise rating assuming you have taken then 3/3 points in Unleashed Rage talent."

I have 29/24 MH/OH expertise and unleashed rage but hovering over the stat on my character tab it says "reduces chance to be dodged or parried by 7.25%/6% and expertise rating is 126 (+15)"

does this mean my expertise is 141? If so it is at the cap so why does expertise say 29/24 rather than 26? and my dodge is 1.25% over too.

Am i over gemmed on expertise?

Re: Enhance shaman expertise question

Are you an orc and using axe/fist weapon in main hand? Orcs get +5 expertise (not rating, just plain expertise) when using those weapons. The bonus only applies to the hand in which you have axe/fist weapon + special attacks (not sure).

Quote Originally Posted by dgmmidge
    Hi there - first post. Go easy on me please

Got a bit confused by this to be honest. Was looking at it yesterday when simming some new gear options and saw this online.

"26 Expertise on character sheet is 6.50% dodge reduction this means your attacks cannot be dodged. At level 80, that means you need 140 Expertise rating assuming you have taken then 3/3 points in Unleashed Rage talent."

I have 29/24 MH/OH expertise and unleashed rage but hovering over the stat on my character tab it says "reduces chance to be dodged or parried by 7.25%/6% and expertise rating is 126 (+15)"

does this mean my expertise is 141? If so it is at the cap so why does expertise say 29/24 rather than 26? and my dodge is 1.25% over too.

Am i over gemmed on expertise?
    You must be an orc with an axe/fist weapon in the main hand and a mace in the off hand. The orc racial is really the only way to have expertise that affects one weapon but not the other. You are over on your main hand and under on your off hand. Generally speaking it is not worth it to gem for expertise just to increase your off hand's chance to hit but you'd have to sim it to be sure. The best option would be to change your off hand weapon to something comparable that is an axe/fist weapon and regem so you are at exactly 6.50 after UR and your racial.

Yea i am an orc using fist in main and mace in off. does this mean i can drop my expertise to 21? would free up a lot of gem slots. My off hand would then be below i suppose. So gem to 31/26 so my offhand is expertise capped and try and find a fist or axe for offhand so it can be dropped again?

I see, thanks for the help guys