Poll: Should they make a Warcraft 4

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why They Need Warcraft4

Okay here's my educated idea on the topic of Warcraft lore Arthas AKA "The ((Former)) Lich King" seems like the biggest and baddest villain to a lot of players of World of Warcraft because he was in Warcraft3 in fact during the Blizzcon some Friends of mine were saying that Deathwing was just someone Blizz made up recently to keep WoW going. I srly went /facepalm and those who played the Warcrafts before W3 would know what I'm talking about. If Blizz was to make a W4 that would allow more flexibility in the storyline and allow the player base to remember who the real bad guys are....the KKK members that spawn in Lady Deathwhispers Room in Phrase 2 :P

Re: Why They Need Warcraft4

Addition: We need a Warcraft 4 because expanding the storyline thru manga/comics isn't going to reach most of the player base and 10 bucks a manga is harsh and it's like 3-4 for the comics

Dota with better graphics kgo
    And dont feed me that fucking hon/lol shit.
    Dota>all.
    Besides wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoob
    Dota with better graphics kgo
    And dont feed me that fucking hon/lol shit.
    Dota>all.
    Besides wow.

LOL ya Warcraft 3 was very flexible

i think that a warcraft 4 game could also open the way to introduce new lore to expand WoW, or lead to a possible WoW 2. the game designers have always said that they take inspiration from everything to weave into their games.

Yes, they need a Warcraft 4 once WoW will have entered its twilight years, if only to mop-up any contradictions and retconning and to properly prepare the setting for subsequent games.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrim
    Addition: We need a Warcraft 4 because expanding the storyline thru manga/comics is going to reach most of the player base and 10 bucks a manga is harsh and it's like 3-4 for the comics
    I don't like comics myself and feel a bit left out in the cold. I used to be a real lore monkey, but nowadays there are some apparently important characters that I don't even recognise.

Blizzard's actually dropped a few hints that they do intend to make Warcraft 4, though it's obviously a long way off. The most widely cited hint was when they were discussing Starcraft 2's setup as three seperate games for each of the three campaigns. They mentioned that Warcraft 4 would use the same model.
    I helped The Madgod win an Arthas helm at Blizzcon '11!

...And later won one myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Omikron
    Blizzard's actually dropped a few hints that they do intend to make Warcraft 4, though it's obviously a long way off. The most widely cited hint was when they were discussing Starcraft 2's setup as three seperate games for each of the three campaigns. They mentioned that Warcraft 4 would use the same model.
    Wait....THEY DID? It's Christmas in March!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrim
    Okay here's my educated idea on the topic of Warcraft lore Arthas AKA "The ((Former)) Lich King" seems like the biggest and baddest villain to a lot of players of World of Warcraft because he was in Warcraft3 in fact during the Blizzcon some Friends of mine were saying that Deathwing was just someone Blizz made up recently to keep WoW going. I srly went /facepalm and those who played the Warcrafts before W3 would know what I'm talking about. If Blizz was to make a W4 that would allow more flexibility in the storyline and allow the player base to remember who the real bad guys are....the KKK members that spawn in Lady Deathwhispers Room in Phrase 2 :P
    WoW IS Warcraft 4. I dont know how many times we have to say this but damnit listen. There will not be a warcraft 4 and if there IS it wont be for a very long time. WoW is continuing the story, blizzard made the game thusly they can make the lore if they want and as they see fit.
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance - The 6 P's

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Not to whine (much), but i guess we have Activision to thank for splitting one game into three and making us pay 3 times more.

*sigh*
    Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression that the price of each of the games would actually be lower due to them being one game split into three.

As much as I would like a Warcraft 4, I think blizzard is sticking with Starcraft as their RTS, Warcraft as their MMO and Diablo as there w/e that genre is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimoure
    WoW IS Warcraft 4. I dont know how many times we have to say this but damnit listen. There will not be a warcraft 4 and if there IS it wont be for a very long time. WoW is continuing the story, blizzard made the game thusly they can make the lore if they want and as they see fit.
    That is fine and well I know it's their right but the true lore is known only to those who played the longest or those willing to ask questions and neither of those are a majority as for WoW being W4 their has been talk of a W4 and I personally I'm looking forward to it

I see no need for it. World of Warcraft has a right to create new lore, why should there be a new game created to do what WoW already can?

if only to fall back to the trees one last time
    Im a wawiur
    http://stompingnerds.blogspot.com/ ill blog about what you want
    wish my post count was as high as yours

Quote Originally Posted by Marique
    As much as I would like a Warcraft 4, I think blizzard is sticking with Starcraft as their RTS, Warcraft as their MMO and Diablo as there w/e that genre is.
    Not so. As this article would suggest, they make whatever games they feel like. They could have made a starcraft 2 much earlier, but wanted to make warcraft 3 instead, and so they did.

i always liked warcraft more than starcraft. a warcraft 4 would confuse people to be honest, though.

it could be like halo odst, but with more lores. using rexxar as a main character again (would be epic) or med'an. to have what's going on behind the scenes. or whats been going on under the maelstorm or on argus. theres a lot they could do, but they'd have to be careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyplay
    I have an idea for a new ability that Warlock could get in Cataclysm.

Upgrade/change Banish
    As you cast Banish on your enemy, the enemy will be bansihed to Twisting Nether where he/she would burn for eternity (just for few seconds).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Not to whine (much), but i guess we have Activision to thank for splitting one game into three and making us pay 3 times more.

*sigh*
    WC3 -> FT?

SC -> BW?

This isn't new, but they said each one was going to be cheaper to make up for it.

As for WC4, OMFG YES PLEASE!

Someone at blizzard will get the itch to make another warcraft rts and it will happen.

At some point, WoW's story arc will end. Warcraft 4 will pave the way for a future MMO.

I'm talking over the course of a decade or so we'll see these things happen. At some point WoW will stop getting expansions (though possibly will still be maintained with some minor content patches/bug fixes) in maybe 4 years or so, Blizzard will have their other MMO out, WoW will require less attention, and they will move some of the team to WC 4. WoW ends up out of major content in 6 years, and Warcraft 4 ends up announced sometime after the 4th expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Omikron
    Not so. As this article would suggest, they make whatever games they feel like. They could have made a starcraft 2 much earlier, but wanted to make warcraft 3 instead, and so they did.
    That article also allows a glimpse into the development process that a lot of people seem to be ignorant about. Activision execs do not have nearly as much pull in directing the direction of games as people seem to believe. As Blizzard explains it, when a development team becomes free, aka finishes a game, they have a lot of freedom to decide what they will do next. It's Blizzard, they most likely sit down and toss ideas around until one sticks, and then begin hacking away at it until it works or doesn't work.

I would LOVE to see a warcraft 4, but TBH, making the campaigns follow WoW would be more enjoyable to me than all new lore. Imagine building an army and assaulting the black temple and taking down Illidan, or amassing the army that attacks the death gate when Apothecary Putress attacks. Doing that in an RTS style instead of an MMO style seems fun to me.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.