Hunter leveling spec

I just started leveling a hunter, only at 25 right now, but im wondering what the best recommended leveling spec is, im marx right now, but i heard bm is good after 50's

Re: Hunter leveling spec

BM makes soloing group quests and, well, everything to do with leveling alot easier, I recommend it all the way till 80 and even after in heroics until you get some gear, then switch to SV.

10+ Year Old Account

retribution
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

BM from 1 - 80. Get some gear and go Surv then when you get enough ArP go MM. You can't go wrong.

sweet, bm till 80, get some gear, go surv and just follow rot. in surv guide and gem agil right?

This is what my build looked like at 80, It's best to invest in the BM tree to begin with as your pet is going to be an absolute powerhouse and to then move into the Survival tree to improve both your Utility (better traps/survivability) and damage. No point taking talents that improve ranged attacks as everyone knows, a melee Hunter is a good Hunter!

Leveling a hunter right now, level 64, have been going MM the whole way. Sure my pet can't hold off me for more than two seconds, but it teaches you how not to suck by having to kill it while kiting it around a bit and not pulling everything around you or just plain blowing it up before it touches you. No one ever comes close to my dps in instances with the exception of mages on aoe pulls or when I have to switch to viper for a pull to regen mana.

Been considering trying out survival and see how it compares now that I'm up in the levels where it actually has some damage increasing talents... But then again, I usually don't level the recommended way, do it just as fast and have a blast doing it, so BM may be the way to go for you. Try a few things out and see what works best for you, just remember, until you gain a few levels none of the trees really have much of a difference.

I am currently leveling as BM, I am level 41 atm. I like it a lot, my pet tanks a mob that I put serpent sting on then I mark and attack another mob that I kite to me. They both usually die at the same time. My pet is a boss, I use a spider and I LOVE the web spell that roots the target, in case you need a pet idea. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang
    so kids just ninja, the friendships are temporary mounts are forever.

MM is insane burst when you hit lvl 60, the only spec with same is retribution. And as said you will learn kiting.