Thread: Forum Ranks

15+ Year Old Account

Forum Ranks

Good afternoon, suggestion forum readers.

Dear administrators,

It would be nice to have more than five ranks, the highest of which occurs at 500 posts. There are some long-time users who have exceeded multiple thousands of posts (Elementium and Nezoia come to mind, but there are many others with more than 1,000 posts). It would be nice, seeing as this is a forum for people who play an RPG, to have more of an achievement to reach towards; or to at least update the post rank system to reflect these forums having moved so far forward in the last few years.

My suggestion is simply that there be ten ranks instead of the current five. Five more ranks could be added, with different icons than the small gold stars: perhaps larger, silver (platinum) stars or even different icons altogether? It would be nice if a member's rank increased at 1,000, 2,500, 5,000, 10,000 and 20,000 posts.

One day, someone is actually going to reach those upper echelon numbers. Wouldn't it be nice to "patch" the forums much like the game is patched and expanded to allow for new content, etc?

Thanks for taking this into consideration. I'm sure there are other users who are of a similar mind. Reaching 1,000 posts in itself is an achievement worth noting.
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Forum Ranks

Then note it! i didnt let mine slide by, i said "yay 1000 posts!" and that was that. While i would enjoy higher ranks, thats not truely the point of these forums. But i realy like your idea and support it ;D

Once you exceed 1337 posts you get the "Leet Member" rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    Then note it! i didnt let mine slide by, i said "yay 1000 posts!" and that was that. While i would enjoy higher ranks, thats not truely the point of these forums. But i realy like your idea and support it ;D
    Eh, I don't intend to let it slide. I am pretty close now after a couple of years of posting here. Just give me 54 more years and I will reach 10,000 posts!

I don't think that it emphasizes post count to make titles a bit more fun. A lot of us live for achievement, and having post count ranks updated would be a nice change for the forums.
    For the Alliance!

333: Half Evil
    500: Club Member of Fortune
    888: OMG SPIDERS!!!!1
    1,000: You Walk Single File
    2,500: Red Leader
    3,000: WOMBO COMBO!
    5,000: Bad Dude
    7,500: Safety Not Guaranteed
    9,001: The Scouter
    10,000: [Citation Needed]
    12,000: Serious Cat
    15,000: A NEW CHALLENGER!
    16,500: MAI LAZORS!1!
    18,000: King Troll
    20,000: The 7th Proxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pos View Post
    WoW is my shameful secret. Like a mistress. or a child.

This has been brought up by moderators already and I believe is in development.

15+ Year Old Account

Thank you Icey. I'm glad that they are already taking it into consideration. I've thought about it from time to time since people started getting more than 1,000 posts and 500 seemed like a totally different ballpark.
    For the Alliance!

Deleted