Rogue / Ret problems

Yo
    Playing with my brother ( ret pala ) in 2v2, atm at 1351 after 2 days of playing. My brother havent played much in arena before, but i still think this should work to 2Kish this season, he is in full farmed pvp gear ( 4/5 Furious 1 Titan forged shoulder ) Full Wrathful off-parts except Feet + PoS HC 232 axe, my rogue is ( 2 relentless ( shoulder + leg ) 2 furious + 251 ICC 10 chest, using 251 pvp neck, 251 PvE cloak and ashen verdict ring + 245 raid ring, MH: Heartpircer from ICC 25 and 245 ToC 25 dagger in OH ) in the gear we have 1.8 shouldnt be a problem imo, i m more used to play mage - rogue tho. main problem is that we cannot keep one CCed enough long to kill the other one, we lose mostly against disc - rogue / disc - warr and almost all pala teams since they cant be CCed as others ( bubble ). at disc - warr we were trying to CC priest sap, nuke warr, blind priest to force trinket, HoJ him after the trinket then repentance, problem is that then the warr pulls his battlemaster trinket, enraged regen and shield wall, and we cant nuke thru it until priest is out from the CC, other tactic was to sap warr to make him use berserker rage, then open priest, blind warr, he trinkets then gets the HoJ, after HoJ comes the repentance, but the priest pulling shadowfiend and PS can survive so long...other problems were any pala + whatever cannot be CCed as we want, most problems are with lock - holy and feral - holy, tho the warr - holy is hard too, when the CCs are done, the pala just bubbles both of them and heals to max, then HoJ, repentance, and blind is already on CD : /, i m more used to the Mage - rogue polymorph style when u can just CC them without CD : /

hope anyone can give some advice with this setup
    ---->>>> Imonition, the Nelf Warrior of Bronzebeard <<<<----

....and....
    Nolonius

Re: Rogue / Ret problems

Oh this is gonna be fun

Do you Play envenom Spec? If not try it, it works well against most Plate Teams but apart form that... dude it’s ret/Rogue
    Remeber Kid‘s: As long as people have same delusion they are not crazy, they're are a „religion“.

A Ret paladin's damage relies heavily upon their spec. Post both of your armories, or at least your specs here and we might be able to help more.

Ret paladins are really gimp in 2s because they generally have weak CC, no ms, no interrupt, and no gap closers. Both of their stuns can be dispelled and one is broken on damage. If you can't kill someone in a sap->blind->repentence you probably wont be able to do it without a lot of trouble.

I've only played it briefly to humor the idea, and Ret Rogue was pretty miserable. Especially after the Resilience buff.

me http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rd&cn=Nolonius

my bros pala ( he got no experience in arena with pala b4 this 2v2 ) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Ret%C3%9Full

....and....
    Nolonius

I have never played as a rogue, so I can't give advice on how to set your gear/spec up.

I can't find any problems with your brother's paladin. I would probably take Glyph of Hand of Salvation over Glyph of Exorcism, or maybe Glyph of Turn Evil if you are having a lot of trouble with Warlocks.

His weapon is pretty weak though, and that is probably holding you back a bit. I made it to 1800 this season in full Furious though with a Furious weapon as I hadn't been playing during the Relentless Season. However, I didn't play Ret/Rogue.

With Lock/Holy, if focusing one target at the beginning is working try splitting dps at the start. You would probably be better on the paladin for interrupts and he would probably better on the lock. The paladin can only have sacred shield on one target at a time, and casting it back and forth can be mana costly. Beacon is quite costly, and while it is generally OP in 2s, you can probably still get him to blow some cds and it could turn the tide. Make sure your brother is throwing some heals and dispels out, as well as putting up the appropriate shadow res aura. He'll probably want to keep sacred shield on you. I doubt the warlock would focus him over you, especially in the lower brackets. Be prepared to switch focus quickly if you see an opportunity for a kill. Maybe this wont work for you, but it's worth a try.

Feral/Holy is a bastard. Druids in 2s are absurd. He is going to drop a lot of hurt on you, so try to burn him and cc the paladin as much as possible.If you can survive through his bubble you will probably want to switch onto him after it fades. Maybe ask on the druid forums for their weaknesses for the comp. They know the class better than I do.

Realistically, the comp isnt that great, and I would recommend getting a good mage. Ret/Mage can go a decent ways, and Rogue/Mage can as well. If you two insist on playing together, you are just going to have to practice and burn the candles on long nights of games and see what works and what doesnt.

Hopefully my advice helped a little.

true, druids can put out impossibly high dps on my rogue, i use pve gear for extra AP so my resi is just 672 tho, anyways i just want to make it work because i basicly play this to help my bro, today i m starting with my rl friend again, a gnome mage ( 1.1K resi 3/4 rele 1 wrathful chest T2 rele wep ) we gonna pull it to 1.8-2K, then i m going to buy the daggers and keep helping my bro, i want to get atleast 2Kish out of that rogue - ret, since i know its possible, first if we just get 1.8, a new wep for him would help a LOT, since its mostly a burst team

and yes, holy - lock is a gay setup ^^ they used to play the feargame ( atleast they did against us ) when i was on the pala to interuppt and nuke him the lock just feared my bro around, when my bro used up bubble thier pala also did bubble, maxhealed both, refreshed beacon and it was basicly over then, after the bubble the lock just feared around my bro and drained him, and he used Succubus and got me seduced after trinketting HoJ...

ty for the advices Dustin

....and....
    Nolonius

i've only played ret rogue up to 2100 or so. i didn't find it very fun. teams like disc rogue, you really shouldn't have a problem. don't get sapped, open on priest, it should die relatively fast. depending on who the rogue opens on blind/repent from the free person.

overall, it's just blow all your dps/cc cooldowns early and you should win in a 2v1 in the first 16s. a good rule of thumb damage wise is that your ret should be doing double the rogues roughly. don't be afraid to pop wings super early if you expect an easy kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolonius
    true, druids can put out impossibly high dps on my rogue, i use pve gear for extra AP so my resi is just 672 tho, anyways i just want to make it work because i basicly play this to help my bro, today i m starting with my rl friend again, a gnome mage ( 1.1K resi 3/4 rele 1 wrathful chest T2 rele wep ) we gonna pull it to 1.8-2K, then i m going to buy the daggers and keep helping my bro, i want to get atleast 2Kish out of that rogue - ret, since i know its possible, first if we just get 1.8, a new wep for him would help a LOT, since its mostly a burst team

and yes, holy - lock is a gay setup ^^ they used to play the feargame ( atleast they did against us ) when i was on the pala to interuppt and nuke him the lock just feared my bro around, when my bro used up bubble thier pala also did bubble, maxhealed both, refreshed beacon and it was basicly over then, after the bubble the lock just feared around my bro and drained him, and he used Succubus and got me seduced after trinketting HoJ...
    You should never have to trinket HOJ unless it is a last resort. Your brother can dispel it easily from you. If he sees a fear being cast he should be able to Divine Sacrifice or Blessing of Sacrifice you, because the lock will probably switch to you at that point, put damage on, and the fear will break. Make sure your brother is judging light with judgement of justice on his bars in the event he is chasing someone.

Try to force the paladin to pop bubble early and if he Hand of Protection's the warlock you might want to just run and hide until they fade off and reset the fight. Once bubble is gone, the paladin is a sitting duck.

Alternatively you could both focus the lock the whole time while throwing constant cc on the paladin. You can have your brother switch occasionally to maybe peel the Sacred Shield and some heals off. It is going to depend on the competancy of both you and your brother.

If you can get a really quick switch/focus on the succubus you can nerf the Warlock's cc quite a bit, and the paladin might not even heal it. However, a mage will make both of your lives easier.