Page 1 of 2
LastLast

R.Sham/Lock v Rogue Priest

Been having a little diffuculty as the shammy healer vs rogue priest comp
    this is quite possibly gear related tho we have finally hit 1800 rating after 300 games so we'll see once gear is farmed.

but rather than have a good old whine thought i'd see if any rogue/priests have trouble against this setup and what in particular??

I am not a Zombie!!! I'm a very Ankh'd off Shaman!

Re: R.Sham/Lock v Rogue Priest

are u the sham or the lock?
    And what spec is the lock running?
    I might be able to give u some info if u tell that (got afflick lock at 2300 mmr atm)

Let me start anyway

Demon armor and resto drinking 24/7 = win.

I just hope the lock is afflic since destruc is so much harder with someone interupting on u.
    The lock needs to keep dots on both of them with haunt on the rogue. keep demon armor up for the extra heals. I know felarmor gives more dmg but u cant win a dps race against a rogue if ur a caster basicly. So this is goin to be a drain fight really. The thing ur lock needs to do is this. Focus cc on rogue and make the priest come out to heal him. Then dot and drain mana on the priest. Rince and repeat. Ur shaman needs to keep the disc in combat so he cant drink. With the slow totum and the cc of the lock and shaman + ghost wolf u should be able to get a few drinks off every now and then since a lock has allot of ways to avoid dmg. If u see the priest is goin low on mana Safe ur Howl. When he uses the shadowfiend FEAR IT ASAP! shaman root it and do UA on it so the priest cant dispel it. Now keep ur felpuppy silence for Hymm of hope. If u did that keep draining the disc oom and try to get a kill. Doesnt really matter on what. But!! keep in mind Never start running for example trying to get a kill on a oom disc when u have a rogue on u. U just wont get to him with slows and him kiting. So just kill the rogue and then the priest will show up anyways dots on him aswell.
    Sounds all easy but there are allot of things u need to keep in mind. Rogue are always in an advantage against u.
    Addons:
    Drainsoultimer
    Dimishing returns (shows how many fears u have left on them both and when the immune runs off)
    Gladius
    LockNotes (This is a fairly small mod that has been tailored to work specifically with the warlock class. It features spell notifications for events such as an enemy gaining cloak of shadows or spell reflect (and when they fade), if one of your spells is resisted, if you gain shadow trance (the nightfall buff), and much more)
    Afflicted3 Buff/Debuff tracker for enemy targets

Macros's:
    Macro pet silence (setfocus silence)
    Teleport
    setfocus fear
    setfocus tongues
    setfocus feldom + void summon soullink+ sacrifice

I see some nub locks trying to put in shadowbolts as filler.. Worst thing to use!!!! use drainlife and even searing pain!! yes searing pain = ace as afflic!! if he gets under 25% hp finish with 11k drainsoul ticks

hope this helped GL!

Hey SwiZzZ,
    bit more info, I'm the resto shammy, we run afflic/rshamz (last season destro 1930 rating, current with afflic is 1806 in 2s 1733 in 3s due to lack of time with the mage joining us).

been thinking about this even just in response and gained few ideas so yey, but the mana drain sounds like a good approach, and making sure pet is feared/can't do damage for mana. My lock is pretty decent imo top raiding guild on server etc etc. Usually its myself going oom, this is somewhat poor gear choices / goign with voa drops meanign im more ele (less mp5 more crit) geared than resto but im not sure 100mp5 difference should make the win or loss on nearly every occasion

will have a play after tuesday when new totem/shield is payed for :P
    mind if i ask what comp u play for afflic?

cheers for the heads up and i shall make an effort to reply and let u know how it goes (tho currently stopped to farm some gear of the rating

well i play faceroll comb

Holy pala, afflic. theres just no setup we cant beat atm. Drood warrs are hard but after 4x inervates the drood goes oom at the end.
    I play with some pve gear and im running 3900 spellpower constant up to 4.2k with procs (lightweave proc, exalted ring proc and muradins spyglass)

in my pve gear i have 1105 resi full pvp im at 1300 but i use pve more only against a warr i swap to resi.

well ur goin oom. the thing for u is just go really slow on healing try to safe as much as u can.
    and use ur cooldowns (rooting + lock fear etc) to get a drink every time u can.

the warlock in demon armor should not require that much healing

i can run around in arena without most dps even hitting me for atleast 30sec (aoe fear, fear, coex, deathcoil, teleport)
    so that should give u the chance to drink up allot of times (ghost wolf = win for getting away.)

Gl! just keep practising!

Id just like to add that only Elemental shamans can ''root'' with the talent http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=51486.
    That talent requires 30 points in Elemental tree so im pretty sure a Resto shaman does not have it.

What advice i can give is to try and harass the priest as much as possible with Wind Shear and Purge.
    Tremor, Grounding, Cleansing, Earthbind totems are all great here as well.
    Rogues have no spell penetration, so you can put a Nature Resistance totem to help against Rogues Poisons.
    Keep Water Shield on ur self 100% of the time for extra mana, Earth Shield on warlock.

I do not know what kind of gear or glyphs u got, so that may be a problem.

On a side note, i have seen fully specced/geared Elemental shamans acting as DPS/Healer Hybrids in 2vs2.
    Basically Elemental shamans got much better talents for mana regen, + Roots and Thunderstorm for anti melee.
    Also, such Hybrids can do some very serious burst damage - usually enough to burst down a wounded and silenced healer.
    Try it, it may work for ye.

Priest rogue (I played about 60 games yesterday, 2400-2500 hidden rating) has two ways to play against this matchup.

a) The mana war

If they go for this, there are two things you must remember. Try to dodge every single manaburn and do not EVER let the priest drink.

b) The warlock nuke

Basically the rogue and priest will swap damage between warlock and pet eventually blowing up the second pet and then sitting on the warlock 24/7. A warlock without a pet is NOT healable through rogue damage. Impossible. So you have to try to get hardsummons off, whenever the pet is in danger, keep healing both and try to avoid cc.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

again cheers for the positive advice, missed mentioning it tho i don't think our warlock swaps to demon armour for those fights so defo worth a looksy, can't seem to leave him even when he was full 8 charges of ES and glyph'd riptide on him (increased duration).

current glyphs Stoneclaw, LHW & ES, (minor being watershield, ghostwolf and waterwalking i think it was)
    Gear is mostly relentless, 2-3wrathful bits offset rest relentless, relentless weapon/shield totem too.

I've been thinking about going ele pvp for some time (ele pve = mainspec) tho never really decided to take the plunge, will have a look at specs/skirmish i think

looking forward to trying these strats out

ugh hex rogue...

piss on priests face

Quote Originally Posted by Elgybub
    Been having a little diffuculty as the shammy healer vs rogue priest comp
    this is quite possibly gear related tho we have finally hit 1800 rating after 300 games so we'll see once gear is farmed.

but rather than have a good old whine thought i'd see if any rogue/priests have trouble against this setup and what in particular??

Tell the warlock to fully DoT up rogue and then just fear Priest without any DoT on him so he eats full fears.

Victory.

like that will work against anything above 1500

Did work for me at 2900.

Hijaal, Armory link?

Priest fear ward (?) trinket (?) rape you (?) ???

Rogue cloak (?) fucks you up (?) rape you (?) ???

Though I've not played since late TBC that concept of tactic just seem to be a massive failure.
    Bold Sold Gold Hold Told Fold Cold
    Done?
    No..
    Doled Foaled Goaled Holed Poled
    Rolled Scold Scrolled Done soon? meh..
    Shoaled Strolled Tolled Trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Squaree
    Hijaal, Armory link?

Priest fear ward (?) trinket (?) rape you (?) ???

Rogue cloak (?) fucks you up (?) rape you (?) ???

Though I've not played since late TBC that concept of tactic just seem to be a massive failure.
    Fear Ward has 3 Min CD without Glyph, Trinket has 2 Min CD. Same goes for Cloak, against Rogue and Priest team it is all about getting them to use there CDs so soon as possible.

Shaman im playing atm.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...iss&cn=Kredrak

actual proof that's you

hm, maybe I should look at armorylinks first.
    oh, and cloak has ONE minute cd. and if the rogue is any good, he'll stop you from casting ua and/or fear. = dispell

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    actual proof that's you

hm, maybe I should look at armorylinks first.
    oh, and cloak has ONE minute cd. and if the rogue is any good, he'll stop you from casting ua and/or fear. = dispell
    A feared Disc Priest can't dispell

1 Minute is a long time in arena.

P.s here is the evidence that im him.

Yeah, but you don't have "Step into the arena", so it's kind of unimportant :>

2900 in cloth and 400 resil???? not likely
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Yeah, but you don't have "Step into the arena", so it's kind of unimportant :>
    Got 1 day and 4 hours played on lv 80, also don't have full PvP gear. So i wonder why i should have it?

Quote Originally Posted by venom1234
    2900 in cloth and 400 resil???? not likely
    I had 2900 on my old Shaman, this a new dinged Shaman. Made this one to learn another shaman to play.