Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Blood-Quenn Lana'thel and Vampiric Bite

People are getign Random results because you are failing to take into account Aggro Adjustting skills do not work on this bos with regards to the first Bite.

So if you ToT & MD someone on YOUR Omen they will be high threat but on the bosses aggro table that aggro will showon the person who gave it over. So it stays on the Rogue or Hunter.

ALSO. Mirrors work the same and dont devide you aggro it will stays on the mage for the purpose of bite.

Factor this into your attempts and you can control who gets bitten easier.

We just start the fight with a 5 sec no damage rule for anyone who isnt a Tank or the biten person. With a solid bite order its cake but we do it that way so the person being bitten doesnt have to wastre the CDs to get top aggro and can pop there CDs as soon as they are bitted for maximum output.

But if you pp your CDs nothing at all can stop a mage being bitten. No class can generate as much single target Threat as a mage for the first 20-30 seconds of the fight.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria
    We've always had it bite a random ranged. I can tell you it doesn't bite 2nd highest threat or highest damage dealt.

It may be something like bite random ranged with significant damage on the boss since I've never seen a healer bit first either.
    Nothing to do with damage - I as a resto got bitten first on one of our attempts last night. I think it's either random, random but with only a few of the raid able to be selected, or to do with threat.

We tried her for the 2nd time last night and killed her after a few hours of inspecting the floor. As to the bite, it was pretty much a set order that we got bitten in. The person right below the OT was the one to get bitten every single try we had. Might be luck, might be bugged, i dno, but it was consistantly the 3rd on the threat meter that got bitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki
    We just start the fight with a 5 sec no damage rule for anyone who isnt a Tank or the biten person. With a solid bite order its cake but we do it that way so the person being bitten doesnt have to wastre the CDs to get top aggro and can pop there CDs as soon as they are bitted for maximum output.
    But wouldn't the rest of the dps do more damage during the 5 seconds than your bite target loses due to 'wasting CDs'? Might still be a good way to ensure the bite goes to the right person though .

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Are you using mirror images while the bite is going out, because that might be it...
    mirror images do not interfere with getting the first bite. but gz on your 2292st post. to say something seems important these days, even if it's pointless. like in youtube comments.

Does it matter who gets bitten first really?

our guild just has a print out of this list

each letter is a player

R----> C -------> K -----> G
    R -------> Ko -----> L
    C -----> O
    R -----> F

and the veriations

I am the worst rogue on my server, but lest I am having fun .

10+ Year Old Account

I always get it first as a hunter and I hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Ive found that it is always 3rd on threat

mod that can help with bite order:
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...loodqueen.aspx

Micke

so does it mean for healers heals doesnt have the 50% threat reduction? or simply get alot of effective healing off in short time?

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Order matters a lot of 25m heroic. If I get bitten first I generally sit at 22k dps. If somebody else does, they may not. For regular mode, yeah do whatever you want, but chances are people who care about bites in regular mode are pushing the enrage, too, so it probably does matter for them.
    off topic but, how much do you pull when your're bitten second?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    I pull 14k after getting bitten 3rd. Somewhere between I would imagine.

From my experience, and this is roughly 99.9% confirmed, although not officially stated, as it happens to us EVERY raid. The Blood Queen can, and will, bite the 3d on Threat, its the same deal each week. After that, its the person bitten who decides who gets it next. So try to make a deal with that person to bite you, when he/she himself/herself is bitten.

It nearly always seems to go on the 2nd highest threat dps in my experience.

Threat meter:
    Main tank
    dps 1
    dps 2 (this person gets bite)

90% of the time this is how it seems to be.... occasionally there's a suprise but as I said... it's rare.

It's amazing how many people are talking about stuff they don't know. Tricks DO work. If neccessary I can provide you with logs of the past 4 weeks of killing Heroic Blood Queen 25 where we got the "tricks person" to have the first bite without any kind of "random" stuff - every single time. Usually our mage unless he wasn't present - then we'd have it given to a Shadow Priest.

2-3 Hunter MDs to MT.
    1 Tricks to OT.
    1 Tricks to the person you want to get bitten (in our case Arcane Mage / Shadow)

= works.

Also, she doesn't choose the target in the second she's biting the first person but a little earlier at around the 10 second mark. We've found out about this in one of our 10man groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael
    It's amazing how many people are talking about stuff they don't know. Tricks DO work. If neccessary I can provide you with logs of the past 4 weeks of killing Heroic Blood Queen 25 where we got the "tricks person" to have the first bite without any kind of "random" stuff - every single time. Usually our mage unless he wasn't present - then we'd have it given to a Shadow Priest.

2-3 Hunter MDs to MT.
    1 Tricks to OT.
    1 Tricks to the person you want to get bitten (in our case Arcane Mage / Shadow)

= works.

Also, she doesn't choose the target in the second she's biting the first person but a little earlier at around the 10 second mark. We've found out about this in one of our 10man groups.
    but that might be because tricks doesnt only give your threat to the target, it also increases his damage by 15%

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    We bite melee second, but as third...mmmm... can't say offhand fir the 3-4 rotation. I sit around 13-15 if I'm in the 5-8 rotation, so probably 15-18?

edit-
    This was our first week into heroics, raid time was about over so we just kind of threw ourselves at her. I was 5-8, dasglove was 3-4 for the first two, he was first for the third, I was first for the fourth.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14244&e=14580

These two were me in 3-4
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3214&e=3546
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7172&e=7505

As a side note, dps goes down a decent bit from bubbling/iceblocks on the enrage.

OK here is how it works, atleast for my guild. If your MT and OT are first and second on threat and you have a dps third, then that person will get bitten. If your tanks aren't first and second, so lets say MT is first, dps is second and OT is third. It will just go randomly bite any person.

1) the designated two dps need to burst the boss the moment your tank picks up BQL.
    2) the rest of the dps WAITS 10 sec before starting to dps.
    3) ??????????
    4) profit

I'm surprised how many people have suggested that Tricks and MD have no effect on the bite target. Perhaps it is rather fortunate RNG, but after our rogues started to use tricks on a designated DPS in the last couple seconds before bite goes out that person has ALWAYS been the one to receive the bite. It's been working without fail for us on both 10 and 25.

Things I've noticed about bite:

#1 Classes with generally low threat either due to talents or pets, are rarely bit.
    #2 Warriors, Hunters and Warlocks can compete against each other to get the first bite, arcane mages (even with their threat reduction) can often get the first bite if they blow all their cooldowns at the right time.
    #3 If you receive Tricks from a rogue and the tricks hasn't worn off when the first bite goes out you are guaranteed to get bit. This includes examples from #1.

As enhance I can comfortably blow every CD I have on 25 man right off the start of the fight and I will never get bit first. Today in 10 however, against the same players who could get the bite before me on 25 before we set up a tricks scheme I got the bite first. I was getting tricks.

Your results may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84
    1) the designated two dps need to burst the boss the moment your tank picks up BQL.
    2) the rest of the dps WAITS 10 sec before starting to dps.
    3) ??????????
    4) profit
    We tried this once in a 10 man without a rogue, somehow a resto druid got bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

My 25man raid has done that pull many times, and first bite has went to our 2 rogue only 2 times it did not go to designated. I think in 10man you need at least 2 dps doing the burst dps.