Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Your longest arena?

2 hours 37 minutes. Right before S3 ended when the midsummer event launched the servers were crap. My rogue and the other team's warrior dc'd at the exact same time. resto sham v. disc priest fun ensued! 2 hrs later i ran out of water. 37 minutes later i finally died (was kinda getting bored/sleepy).

EDIT: Since it was due to DC, neither had to worry about a rez. I even got up to go take a quick bio mid-game and lived thru it!

A couple of seasons ago, playing as a frost mage/rogue team. Dunno how it really happened with double dps neither of whom could heal, but we came up against prot pala healer/DK. Zerged DK down then I (rogue) died to the paladin (OP Healers/tanks/damage dealers they were :s). Frost mage VS Protadin then went on for 48 mins with healing with evocate and shit. most of game was mage LoSing paladin and drinking, then interrupting rez with 0.5 secs left on timer :P Game eventually auto-ended as a draw.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Around 3 hours.

Apparently, I feared the druid on the other team off the map while I was roflstomping his partner.

It wasn't mine but at a LAN-party 2 friends of mine were doing 2v2 as Feral/Resto Shaman (at 70 in approx 1600-1700 brackets so nothing important) but they were face a Resto Druid/Hunter Combo and neither could kill the other. After 3 hours their gear started getting red (and the hunter still had arrows :O) so we created level 1's on their server and eventually by coordination it became a tie. Luckily they weren't asshats because I can't immagine people doing that nowadays.
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.

My longest was 45 minutes. It was me (resto druid), and my dk friend against another resto druid dk, i got server lag right off the start and they killed my partner so for 44 minutes i ran in circles healing myself and managed to win due to their server getting server maintanece before ours. we had one minute left till our server went down =p

45 minutes.
    Disc priest vs Resto Druid.
    He eventually left.

2v2 bracket some months ago, lasted for about 25 mins, cant remember the setup

10+ Year Old Account

bout 43 min, Resto shaman + rogue v Warlock + mage
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Quote Originally Posted by hugeericshin
    Around 3 hours.

Apparently, I feared the druid on the other team off the map while I was roflstomping his partner.
    This has happened to us once too, I psychic screamed the warrior off the rotating platform in ring of valor and he got stuck.
    He proceeded to AFK so we could leave and hed get his points.

I've seen some screenshots in AJ for matches that lasted hours, and when I say hours I mean 8 hours and stuff like that.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Longest arena I ever played was back in S1 against a shaman/mage in Nagrand Arena. The shaman/mage team didnt dare to move towards us, and we didnt dare to move towards them so we basically went afk in each end of the arena for about 30 mins before the mage jumped us because his shaman mate DC'ed.

Well it might not have been the longest actually, but it sure felt like it.

9 minutes Faction Champions 10 man

These are great! Keep em' coming
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

(check time in the lower left, I got tired > )

15+ Year Old Account

I was in a 4 1/2 hour one....

My disc priest and a warrior
    vs
    Ret Pally/Holy pally.

In BC

And my warrior sucked D:

Basicly, ret killed my warrior (Who was LoSing me the whole fight >=( )
    I killed the ret
    Me and the pally just sat and fought, eventually I got bored and just left....have you ever seen Holy pally vs Disc priest back in BC? It's not pretty.

15+ Year Old Account

I had two. the team was me on resto shaman and a bad moonkin. ( he really sucked at teh time : )
    Mookin is my RL friend, so we just arena'd casually. the strat was to simply blow one dude up than finish the other guy eventually. so the moonkin focused all his efforts on burst, then usually would run out of mana and I would mess with the other guy while he innervated and got refilled.

Resto shaman/Moonkin vs DK/retpaladin

Match starts
    he throws his trees, I bloodlust, and he blows the pally up
    I get silenced by Strangulate
    Moonkin gets thrashed by the Dk, I mean thrashed 100-0 like it was nothing
    Dk fights me, I try to kill him
    -resto shaman vs blood dk-
    I bonk him on the head with my little mace and frost shock kite him I had no mana at this point, but as you know we shaman can be pretty resourceful.
    strong heals/weak dps, vs dps/weak heals.
    the little damage i did to him he would heal using lame blood talents. I almost had him after like 20 minutes but he pooed a ghoul and healed from it. after that another 10 minutes or so and I said this shit sucks and left. I couldn't kill him, he couldn't kill me.

Resto shaman/Moonkin vs Arcane mage/rogue

Match starts
    we wait and the silly rogue trys to kill me, both dps are pounding me with everything they got but it wasn't enough
    he throws his trees, I bloodlust, and he blows the rogue up
    I get turned into a turtle, redirect the next with a grounding totem, then silenced and turtled again
    Moonkin gets killed by the mage, he doesn't get the concept that even though he's balance spec that he can still heal. :-\
    -resto shaman vs arcane mage-
    the most annoying little girl I have ever seen
    he would come at me with everything he had and try to kill me, mirror images,arcane power, the works. when he failed and i start kicking his ass with mighty resto flame shocks he would turtle me and run away like a little sissy. then he'd eat/drink up
    so i would try to res my moonkin buddy. at 9 sec he's run over wand me and run like a pansy again.
    rinse and repeat.
    this happened at least 10 times. then i came up with an awesome idea. I let him blow all his shit again and run away, which was his best mistake for me.
    I dropped my wrath of air totem, hit bloodlust and ressed the moonkin.
    moonkin pops up I hit him with a critical healing wave
    the mage quits
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Deleted

Well.. There must have plenty 30 min+ that I don't remember.
    I remember a 5v5 though where (after a quite long fight) it ended up being holy paladin vs (I guess most hunters played marksmanship during S2). Because of concecration at the snake traps and plliar kiting, the hunter couldn't do any real damage and mana drain either. I am quite sure that I actually managed to eat dinner while waiting for the last ones to get done.

Longest personally: One hour, forty-four minutes.

My partner had a sixteen hour resto druid vs lock, both at 70.

42 minutes, met same team right after we were done and beat them in 3 ;D

2 hours 13 minutes. Sad thing is we knew we lost from the start. SLSL lock/Druid mirror team, They outgeared both of us, by a lot. We decided to just try to hold out as long as we could, ended up loseing because of a lucky lag-fear from behind a pole.