Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: New mage spec in 3.3.3?

Quote Originally Posted by freernnur5
    I will probably run http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0ifz0IzxGuMxedcZbhf0o

It is my current spec just remove 1 point from Magic Attunement and both points from Magic Absorption and place them into Incanter's Absorption. I am really saddened by the IA nerf. I didn't think it was that bad. It may be useful to keep if you use fire ward/frost ward, but I don't see it being as good as before to have.

Another option would be to grab Slow if you want (could use it on Blood beasts and the adds in the Valithria Dreamwalker fight for example). These points are pretty much place where you would like them to go to suit your style.
    i use the same spec, but with the slow option. 1 point into magic absorption, the other into slow. sure, you don't necessarily have to use slow often, but when it does come in handy, it comes in VERY handy.

"It's A Great Day For Hockey" - Badger Bob Johnson

So I hopped into my first bit of heroic 10 mans and we've got sindragosa / putricide left, putricide seemed easy enough, didn't attempt sindragosa. I'm expecting both to be dead this week, the week after at the latest.

Saurfang is a joke with two arcane mages. I don't care what the rest of your comp is. We had two marks, two healed it. Slow is definitely useless unless perhaps you're in only 10 man gear or have 1-2 ranged, or maybe your other ranged aren't good at switches. Either way, even 4-5 marks isn't terribly difficult to keep alive if you're 3 healing. If you're two healing and get that far you're doing something badly :x

I stand by my earlier statements now that I've been inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    So I hopped into my first bit of heroic 10 mans and we've got sindragosa / putricide left, putricide seemed easy enough, didn't attempt sindragosa. I'm expecting both to be dead this week, the week after at the latest.

Saurfang is a joke with two arcane mages. I don't care what the rest of your comp is. We had two marks, two healed it. Slow is definitely useless unless perhaps you're in only 10 man gear or have 1-2 ranged, or maybe your other ranged aren't good at switches. Either way, even 4-5 marks isn't terribly difficult to keep alive if you're 3 healing. If you're two healing and get that far you're doing something badly :x

I stand by my earlier statements now that I've been inside.
    We had one arcane mage, Me. A boomkin, shadow priest and a hunter. With a DK chains of ice them at the start, and the off tank taunting when possible the shadow priests/hunters add when it gets close.

With some experience adds are easy, but I will not be trying it any time soon without slow. How exactly did you slow the adds to find them a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Havn't tried putri yet apart from joke attempts. Sindra is a lot harder than normal mode in 10's. There is some knack to positioning with unchained magic that we have yet to crack to avoid vast amounts of damage when it gets on healers.

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin
    We had one arcane mage, Me. A boomkin, shadow priest and a hunter. With a DK chains of ice them at the start, and the off tank taunting when possible the shadow priests/hunters add when it gets close.

With some experience adds are easy, but I will not be trying it any time soon without slow. How exactly did you slow the adds to find them a joke?
    With that set up i don't see why you need slow at all, u can just have the boomkin pull aggro with wrath (not moonfire cuz u dont want any dots) on a beast and root it, and have all ur range dps on the other side nuking the "free" add then go over the rooted beast and kill it, since there is no dots from the boomkin the add will run across the entire room chasing the dps thats pulling more aggro on him, and thats more than enough time to kill it

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromonk
    With that set up i don't see why you need slow at all, u can just have the boomkin pull aggro with wrath (not moonfire cuz u dont want any dots) on a beast and root it, and have all ur range dps on the other side nuking the "free" add then go over the rooted beast and kill it, since there is no dots from the boomkin the add will run across the entire room chasing the dps thats pulling more aggro on him, and thats more than enough time to kill it
    No boomkin can pull aggro off me unless I Invis and hope that the 3seconds it takes the add doesnt get me.

Root breaks all the time from the slightest AoE. Wandering plague comes to mind from Melee DK DPS and D&D.

The other side would be dead without a slowing effect on the add before you got there.

Whole scenario depends on all the dps hap-hazardously moving across the room during the beasts causing blood boil to spread.

Your strategy is a poor.

My first go at trying to get IA and IB into the same build.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#ofxbc...hxZZAIccocu0bz

Probably not a raiding build ... but is there anything that can be done better with the constraint of Incanter's Absorbtion + Ice Barrier on same build ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

We didn't. Moonkin KB on spawn (our resto druid's offspec), me and destro lock on left add, moonkin+another mage on right. I never had to move.

No boomkin can pull aggro off me unless I Invis and hope that the 3seconds it takes the add doesnt get me.

Root breaks all the time from the slightest AoE. Wandering plague comes to mind from Melee DK DPS and D&D.

The other side would be dead without a slowing effect on the add before you got there.

Whole scenario depends on all the dps hap-hazardously moving across the room during the beasts causing blood boil to spread.

Your strategy is a poor.
    Roots won't break if you pull the add out of melee range and don't get hit by aoe. Using 1 wrath as soon as they spawn will generate enough threat to pull the adds out of the stage, once the add is out of it root it and don't touch it again.

Since u have a SP or hunter, either one can slow the add on the opposite side. So you put ur heavy range dps killing this add fast. After is dead everyone but the boomkin (at least until the add walks away) start dpsing the rooted add, the roots will break and the add will walk towards its new target (mage or hunter most of the time) the time this add will take to walk across the room should be more than enough to kill him.

And in 10m there is more than enough space to start position more dps in one side than the other without spreading BB

You could set up ur raid something like this | Boomkin Boss Range dps| (always keeping ur distance between range of course)

armory my mage, end of story. Depending upon the fight you wont take student of the mind, and instead pick up asbortion or prismatic cloak. Bye IA, hello SOTM.

15+ Year Old Account

You really think that SotM is worth taking in some cases? I don't raid but I'm considering tweaking my Arcane spec for heroics to be 57/3/11.

It would be interesting to try out a fire build too, with the changes to the Fireball glyph: 18/53/0.
    For the Alliance!