Demonology, low spirit, new patch, ideas :O?

So the new patch will soon be upon as and its bringing some changes!

now im useless at theorycrafting so id thought id come here to get help from some of the best.

basically as you can see from my spec:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...talone&gn=Mock

im already removed 2 points from imp demonic tactics and put them into imp corruption and it did help, for 2 reasons, the first being that DP come next patch will basically have a 100% uptime and 2 im raiding with another demo lock so there buffs wont ever eally fall off (ive also removed 2 points from master summoner and gone into imp healthstone but thats irrelevant)

sooo what im thinking is, due to the fact my spirit is a little on the low side, will it be worthwile removing the 2 points from corr, putting it into improved coa and swapping GoLT for GoCOA?

OR

with immolate soon able to crit tick is it gonna be worth doing the same thing but going into aftermath and glyphing immolate?!

discuss....

(ps sorrry for the pvp log out, fyi spirit is around 450 in pve gear)

Re: Demonology, low spirit, new patch, ideas :O?

forgot to mention the most important part being using coa exclusively >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Immortalone
    So the new patch will soon be upon as and its bringing some changes...
    You should be using CoD as a demo lock, not CoA.

Even with the changes to Demonic Pact in 3.3.3, the 2 points in Imp Demonic Tactics is the best way to go, assuming hit capped. Simcraft yourself, your results may vary from BiS.

If you're already running with a demo lock whose spell power buff is greater than yours, consider affliction.

Edit: Read http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...emonology-faq/

Deleted

Without crunching any numbers I think that even with Imp CoA and the Glyph I don't think CoA becomes worth using. If it does it will be such a minor improvement that it certainly won't outdo GoLT, possibly not even with zero haste on your gear.

Remember that not only would CoA have to be higher dpct than CoD, but it would have to be higher dpct than CoD + GoLT, and since there is almost no case as Demo when you're lifetapping to refresh the LT buff without needing the mana, the 'combined dpct' is essentially the entire of the raid damage gain attributable to the lifetap buff, plus the damage of CoD, at a cost of one GCD every 60 seconds.

As Jah says, there are other, better, ways to use the extra talents

There is no reason to ever remove Glyph of Life Tap as Demo unless the glyph is changed in the future, or Demo is changed drastically. Neither seems imminent, so removing it is stupid. Even with 0 Spirit on your gear.

CoA needs much more than just the glyph and talents to beat CoD. It's not that much better even as Afflic, much less Demo. Demo actually only uses CoA in really, really specific times. That is if you know a target will live for 30-59 seconds and is not at 35% or less health. Only then is CoA acceptable and even then only if someone else is supplying CoE (Moonkin/DK/Another Lock).

But yeah, see the chart above. Even in 3.3.3 the standard 0/56/15 is the top spec. The crit to your Demon is slightly higher DPS than the other options even if it doesn't increase DP uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    There is no reason to ever remove Glyph of Life Tap as Demo unless the glyph is changed in the future, or Demo is changed drastically. Neither seems imminent, so removing it is stupid. Even with 0 Spirit on your gear.

CoA needs much more than just the glyph and talents to beat CoD. It's not that much better even as Afflic, much less Demo. Demo actually only uses CoA in really, really specific times. That is if you know a target will live for 30-59 seconds and is not at 35% or less health. Only then is CoA acceptable and even then only if someone else is supplying CoE (Moonkin/DK/Another Lock).

But yeah, see the chart above. Even in 3.3.3 the standard 0/56/15 is the top spec. The crit to your Demon is slightly higher DPS than the other options even if it doesn't increase DP uptime.
    Please explain to me the advantages of Glyph of Life Tap if you have 0 spirit?
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

Deleted

There is none, but with 0 spirit on gear it's still impossible to have 0 spirit. You will still have your base spirit and receive the priest buff plus 10% in a raid environment, ergo, you will still gain SP in a raid environment.

Edit: Spell damage, not SP :P. I feel obliged to correct given that I've already called someone else out for the same mistake...