10+ Year Old Account

LF Alternative addon to DBM

Deadly Boss Mods is a great addon, but I want a little more customization in the individual warnings.

I mean, DBM has pretty much as two types of audio warnings general and special. I would like choose what sound effect plays for a specific event. Rather looking for a cast bar to know when to interrupt, I want hear a specific audio queue to tell me to improve my reaction time. At the same time, I have specific sound effects to tell me when I need to move, I have a certain buff or debuff, etc.

Basically, is there an addon that's part DBM and part Power Auras?

I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Deleted

Re: LF Alternative addon to DBM

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire
    Deadly Boss Mods is a great addon, but I want a little more customization in the individual warnings.

I mean, DBM has pretty much as two types of audio warnings general and special. I would like choose what sound effect plays for a specific event. Rather looking for a cast bar to know when to interrupt, I want hear a specific audio queue to tell me to improve my reaction time. At the same time, I have specific sound effects to tell me when I need to move, I have a certain buff or debuff, etc.

Basically, is there an addon that's part DBM and part Power Auras?

DXE = Deus Vox Encounters

http://www.wowace.com/addons/deus-vox-encounters/
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ncounters.aspx

Far superior to any other boss mod out there, I've explained why (detailed) in the the thread "Which boss mode is superior?"

I was playing around with DXE on farm content last night and I can see the appeal. Lots of audio queues provide the same info dbm does without spamming your screen constantly. The proximity checker is much better then dbm and the arrows are really nifty. That said there are two issue that you may have switching from dbm to dxe, first the way they present information is somewhat different so there is a significant retraining time. Secondly and probably more importantly dbm doesn't play well with others, meaning that if you are not running dbm and your RL is then all dbm warnings that would normally be spamming your screen will now be spamming your screen in raid warnings instead.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

DXE, like other boss mods, has an option to boss boss warnings from other bossmods. They refer to this option as "BossBlock". Try it. It blocks the annoying automated warnings from DBM and BW.

Ill be considering DXE for raiding, but since I also do a lot of dungeons, then I am not keen to dump DBM just yet.
    Personally I would love to see dungeon or tbc/classic raid modules for DXE too, but I am under the impression those will not be forthcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Astug
    DXE = Deus Vox Encounters

http://www.wowace.com/addons/deus-vox-encounters/
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ncounters.aspx

Far superior to any other boss mod out there, I've explained why (detailed) in the the thread "Which boss mode is superior?"
    that's pretty much what I've had in mind.

I'm going to try it out, thank you.

EDIT:

Can anyone tell me how the arrow works? Can I get it to point to another raider or mob? During the Rotface encounter, it would be really nice if it can point to where the tank is kiting the big slime.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

The arrows point to what the programmers say they should point to - usually directions away from something bad. They're not configurable at all, as far as I know.