Is it possible to mount a random mount?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for an addon (or perhaps a macro) that lets me mount a random mount in my inventory, as I think most of my mounts are just wasted as I have just 1 keybound...is there anything like this?

Re: Is it possible to mount a random mount?

gogomount

Deleted

I use an addon called "mounted"

/Hoff

You can macro it by doing
    /castrandom NameOfMount, NameOfMount, NameOfMount, NameOfMount
    for as long as there's space.
    You can add a few lines to choose flying mounts in various areas and ground mounts in others, or add a line that dismounts (so you don't have to right click your mount buff to dissmount).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Deleted

I used to use this macro before, but I'm not sure if this works anymore.

/dismount
    /userandom [flyable,nomodifier]Rusted Proto-Drake, Ironbound Proto-Drake
    /userandom [noflyable][modifier :shift]Amani War Bear, White Polar Bear Mount, Swift Brewfest Ram, Raven Lord, Mechano-hog

/castrandom (mount), (mount), (mount)

But you can only have 10-15 depending on how long the mounts name is... also.. you can shorten the names of the mounts as long as one isnt close to having the same name.. example..

mounts: Reddom, bluudom
    /castrandom red, blu
    [THIS IS OK]

mounts: firehorse, mighty dragonhawk, mighty drunk
    /castrandom fire, mighty d, mighty dru,
    [not ok]

Fire may cast fireblast, fireball, or any spell that starts with fire...
    mighty d may cast either dragonhawk or drunk...

hope this helps
    sure with shaman change there will be people running around shouting "bankai" every time they use unleash weapons.....

isn't it /userandom? since /castrandom has been removed on 3.2?

hanks for all the replies, will try out the addon first^^

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I use GupPet for this. It also works for mounts.

As an FYI, you can use /castrandom or /userandom. /castrandom was never removed - it's functionality was changed to "break" spammable macros that used /castrandom to use proc abilities.

15+ Year Old Account

Get Livestock. You can filter it to select any number of mounts randomly and split between land, flying, epic and regular.

I have 68 mounts altogether. Currently, I have two separate macros: one for flying and one for land mounts. You could, however, use a modifier to automatically detect whether you are in a flyable or non-flyable zone and therefore summon the right sort of mount ([flyable] [noflyable]). Or just use a shift-modifier on the macro ([nomod:shift] for one and [mod:shift] for the other).
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Trork
    isn't it /userandom? since /castrandom has been removed on 3.2?
    it wasn't removed , it was changed so it will retry to cast a spell that wasnt available. so its randomness can be broken if a spell it tries to access isnt available.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

GupPet does the same as LiveStock. I assigned 2 keybinds - "random smart mount" and "random ground mount" (for when I'm in an area I can fly in, but want a ground mount instead).

Also, if you're using macros, you can use the Spell ID's, instead of the names of the mounts (get the spell ID's from wowhead) - this will let you use 4-6 characters per mount, instead of the full name.

I use this:

/run local t={3,5,9,10,23,24,27,29,30,31,32,35,37,38,43,51,52,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,62,63,64,65,66,68, 70,72,73,77,82,83,84,85,86} CallCompanion("MOUNT", t[random(#t)])

The numbers indicate the location of the mount in the tab. This lets you have almost infinit mounts in the macro, but you need to change most of the numbers when you get a new mount

Hope this is helpfull

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by matti0006
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for an addon (or perhaps a macro) that lets me mount a random mount in my inventory, as I think most of my mounts are just wasted as I have just 1 keybound...is there anything like this?
    A basic macro from what you're asking

(make sure you put a coma in between mounts)
    Code:
    /castrandom <mount>, <mount>
    Here is what I use. this macro mounts you accordingly if you can fly there or not.

[flayable] checks if you are in an area where you can use a flying mount (NOTE: it does not check if you have cold weather flying)
    [noflyable] checks if you are in an area where you can not use a flying mount

Code:
    /castrandom [flyable] <flying mount>, <flying mount>
    /castrandom [noflyable] <ground mount>, <ground mount>
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Castrandom was not removed, only a certain exploit of it.
    If multiple abilities were macroed through it, it previously ignored any on cooldown, so a 1 button spam could potentially be used for several abilities with some degree of automation by only hitting something when it was ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

MountHelper is a great addon for this. ;D

/castrandom Mount1, Mount2, Mount3, Mount4343
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!